The White Ford 250 Pick Up Truck Towed from the Family Home

scandi

Reaction score
http://www.koinlocal6.com/default.aspx

Snippet

It has been 12 days since Kyron Horman was last seen. Investigators are searching new areas and providing more pictures to try to solicitate more tips from the public. Investigators also towed a truck from the Horman property and searched a neighbor's home.

please post information about the truck that was towed from the home.
Is it case related?

JBean, the front page of KOIN says that investigators towed the truck, under the heading "Investigators Looking for Clues." The video says that the truck was towed at the family's request because of mechanical problems.

trucktowed615.jpg

Screenshot of truck being loaded from KOIN video.

Investigators did *not* tow the truck

The video says the news station talked with the sheriff's office, who stated that it was the Hormans who towed the truck, to the dealership for mechanical repairs.

This video, called Prayer Vigil for hope, is the truck video:
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/m...ideoId=16810@koin.web.entriq.net&navCatId=156

Relevant part from 5:15 in the video transcribed:

"Well the sheriff's office tells me this truck was towed at the family's request to a dealership because of mechanical problems."[/quote]

I emailed KOIN newsdesk and asked them to fix the discrepancy.

And suggested they post and air a retraction if the copy is incorrect as this has fueled unnecessary speculation and accusations against the family.

I emailed KOIN newsdesk and asked them to fix the discrepancy.

And suggested they post and air a retraction if the copy is incorrect as this has fueled unnecessary speculation and accusations against the family.

Thank you for doing that, Calliope. They need to state it definitively one way or the other.

Thank you for doing that, Calliope. They need to state it definitively one way or the other.

Well now it appears another news site has verified the truck was towed for repair. Seems KOIN needs to edit.

Can someone who's vehicle savvy please tell me what the make and model of that truck is? Is it a Ford?

I wonder why they didn't jump-start it.

If the starter is bad, sometimes it's just a bad spot, and you can rock the vehicle or tap the starter with a hammer, and then it'll start.

It'd be interesting to know how the truck was diagnosed to have a bad starter when, if the vehicle won't start, it could be the starter, the battery, the alternator, the solenoid.

Can't believe they called a tow truck for a starter when it could have just been a loose battery cable that just needed to be tightened.

Couple things I've wanted to post along where this thread was going. One is someone said something to the effect that one doesn't have their car towed from their drive way?

Well, I've had my car towed from my driveway. This is NOT uncommon. Yes it was older, without all the bells and whistles they have now. But, the bells and whistles that were there weren't working and I was lucky to make it to the driveway; the engine was basically blown, yet never registered as overheated nor oil loss. OMG had I driven to the repair shop, I would have been stranded! A bad starter is another good reason, no startee no movee! (Same with a starter solenoid.)

However, I do find it really, really weird that this happened now. Okay, if it was a bad starter or solenoid, was the truck recently in deep water and it flooded out something? (both of which don't like water!) That can surely happen. Just thinking.

However, I cannot believe that if (as many of you seem to think) that the family is suspected by LE, they would not look into all of this and be right behind that truck!

When I look at that family as suspect, I can only think one thing..... motive? motive? motive? It ain't there, that I can see, unless it's perhaps a family member we know nothing about. Definitely don't think it's the parents. Kyron becoming a problem? okay call bio, okay call sm, if you see where I'm going here..... sometimes kids of a broken/extended family have waaaay more alternatives of where to go when there really IS a problem.......you know, double grandparents, older siblings, more aunts, uncles, etc.) As a stepmother of 3 and step gram of 8, I can tell you, sometimes the stepmother is the one who "saves the day" when a runaway or out of control child can't function in their immediate family. Sometimes the "problem children" become ours. I still see no reason we should be suspecting innocent people here. There are, to the best of knowledge, no claims of any child mistreatment or calls to any authorities of problems from either of these sets of parents in the past, so WHY are some of us putting them under such scrutiny? Is it because one of them owns a white truck? (A siting which, may have nothing to do with Kyron.) JMO

If and when, it becomes okay here. I have some RSO's to post who have a white truck. Just in case there might be a connection we can look at .

My question is... if it's not being driven up the ramp then why are the lights on? :waitasec:

Couple things I've wanted to post along where this thread was going. One is someone said something to the effect that one doesn't have their car towed from their drive way?

Well, I've had my car towed from my driveway. This is NOT uncommon. Yes it was older, without all the bells and whistles they have now. But, the bells and whistles that were there weren't working and I was lucky to make it to the driveway; the engine was basically blown, yet never registered as overheated nor oil loss. OMG had I driven to the repair shop, I would have been stranded! A bad starter is another good reason, no startee no movee! (Same with a starter solenoid.)

However, I do find it really, really weird that this happened now. Okay, if it was a bad starter or solenoid, was the truck recently in deep water and it flooded out something? (both of which don't like water!) That can surely happen. Just thinking.
respectfully snipped.

Thing is, starters don't usually just go bad in one fell swoop. You start getting an indication early on. Once you get that indication, then you need to get it on to the mechanic. I don't think that Kaine would be driving a truck with a bad starter back and forth to work. Just doesn't make sense. Like you said, the timing is odd.

I've driven more than one vehicle with a bad starter for a couple of weeks, doing the things I mentioned in the post above. Sometimes just a tap on the starter will turn the brushes enough that it'll start. Same with rocking the vehicle.

Now it it were the alternator--I certainly wouldn't pull out of my driveway with a bad alternator.

Like I said, I'm just curious who diagnosed the starter problem, and why they didn't just tap the starter and take the truck in. That rollback ride is gonna run a hundred dollars minimum. But maybe they're not as concerned with money as I am. haha.

My question is... if it's not being driven up the ramp then why are the lights on? :waitasec:

It appeared to me that it was driven up the ramp, too. And then chained before the back tires were on the ramp, so that the chain could be tensioned so that the truck wouldn't roll off. (Even in park, stuff like that can happen.)

It would have to have the key on to put it in drive, unless it's manual, though.

trucktowed615.jpg

Screenshot of truck being loaded from KOIN video.

Another thing. The Ford is not in the driveway or yard. It's in Sheltered Nook Road. How did the Ford get to the road, thus to the tow truck, if it would not start?

Someone had to drive the Ford to the proximity of the tow truck.

Unless it was parked there. But that would be strange--and illegal.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back