Was Kaine at home or work the day that Kyron disappeared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufnstuf

"Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalance
Reaction score
Were Terri and Kaine both waiting for Kyron at the bus stop? Was Kaine at work that day or was he off work? Early reports and Kaine's email say that Kaine and Terri were at the bus stop. But later reports don't mention that.

The Email:

Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2010 8:39 AM
Subject: FW: Kaine Horman's son is missing

All,

If you have seen local Oregon news or been browsing the internet or FaceBook there is a good chance you have seen an article similar to the one that Becky forwarded (below). While this note is difficult for me to write in this state of mind I felt it necessary for Kyron’s sake.

http://ackerlaw.com/blog

Early article from KOIN that now can only be found through google cache:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2674/dadandmompickedup.jpg

If he was home I wonder if he normally is at that time.

If he was normally home at that time did they normally walk to the bus together? ( It reads in his e-mail as they did that day or that is how I read it)

If he was at home that makes me really unsettled. As I stated before I really am not liking all these coincidences.
I also wonder if it was a scheduled day off or he took it off, it was a Friday so he could have taken it off for a 3 day weekend?
I highly doubt them going to the bus stop together was the norm, if he was working full time.

MOO.

I have a friend whose brother is a colleague of Kaine's and he travels frequently for work. Maybe Kaine does, too, and gets comp time or telecommutes some days?

I am wondering about being home all day or not. He could have a flexible schedule where he came home early on Fried day.

However, although this is not a question section, I have to state it somehow not to be a question.

It is my understanding (perhaps false) that Kyron had his weekend with the mother.

It is a five hour drive. I am wondering if they planned on leaving then and meeting her half way for the exchange.

I wonder , if this is what the arrangement is, if both parents would drive or just one as there is an 18 month old to consider.

That would be five hours of driving on one day (back and forth) and five hours of driving for the pick up exchange.

Perhaps bio mom stayed in the area rather than drive back home. I have no way of knowing.

My thought is this:

It would make sense to me that he was home to meet the bus. He planned to do so, because Kyron was headed to Desiree's for the weekend - so he was there to see Kyron off / spend some time with him / drive him halfway ...

I'm speculating but ... here's where I got the suggestion that it was Kyron's weekend with Desiree. (thanks joshiesmom)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5289929&postcount=54"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14[/ame]

If they both met him at the bus stop I wonder if the 18 month old was with them? I have looked for information about this and can't find any.

This could have been a routine where every other Friday they take him to meet his mom. I wonder if they always met the bus together every other Friday so they could leave right away? I wonder if they ever picked him up on Friday afternoons so they could leave right away from school?

My engineer friend works four 10 hour days M-TH. It saves the factory money to only run four days, and the worker money by less commuting costs, plus the three day weekend.

We could check Intel perhaps?

If Kaine was off work that day, it would make more sense for him to take Kyron to the science fair and attend the talent show than for step-mom to do it.

At my kids' school, parents routinely take their child home with them following any type of afternoon event which parents attend. They have a list at the office to sign them out.

Many, many parents at our school take their child out early on any Friday they plan to go out of town. I would think that a five-hour trip with a 7yr old would certainly warrant an early release! Even if the parents meet half-way, the poor child still has to travel the entire distance!

I wish we knew what Kyron's usual routine was on traveling weekends.

Kaine may have taken only part of the day off from work, or he may have had an off-site meeting for part of the day and then gone home, or he may at times telecommute.

We know directly from him that, for some reason, he was at the bus stop during what for most, are normal working hours.

It could well be that he telecommutes a certain few days a week and that on those days his routine is to go to the bus stop, either with or without Terri, to pick up Kyron.

Lots of possibilities.

I still think the "we" could be referring to just TH and he's speaking for them as a couple-equal responsibility. He's probably careful with his wording because he doesn't want to single her out anymore than she already is or to insinuate any blame. He continues to use "we" through out the statement-he never mentions Terri's name or "my wife", even as the one that dropped Kyron off.

Regardless of where Kaine was during most of the day - we do have somewhat confirmation that he was off work and available during bus stop time and when the initial discovery of missing came. The LE calls state that "they" (Terri and/or Kaine) were told that one parent needed to be at the home and it was Kaine that went back to the home.

So he was home around the 3 - 4 o'clock hour that day - whether he got off early, took the day off, had off-site meetings that ended earlier than the end of the work day; or telecommutes we simply don't know.

I would like to know where Kaine was during the entire day and was this his normal; semi-normal schedule for his Fridays.

Regardless of where Kaine was during most of the day - we do have somewhat confirmation that he was off work and available during bus stop time and when the initial discovery of missing came. The LE calls state that "they" (Terri and/or Kaine) were told that one parent needed to be at the home and it was Kaine that went back to the home.

So he was home around the 3 - 4 o'clock hour that day - whether he got off early, took the day off, had off-site meetings that ended earlier than the end of the work day; or telecommutes we simply don't know.

I would like to know where Kaine was during the entire day and was this his normal; semi-normal schedule for his Fridays.

Couldn't Terri of called him as soon as she realized Kyron wasn't on the bus? He could of immediately left work and went to the school. Just thinking of all possibilities.

Couldn't Terri of called him as soon as she realized Kyron wasn't on the bus? He could of immediately left work and went to the school. Just thinking of all possibilities.
Good question!!! We simply don't know where his "office" was and how far he would have been had he been called when Kyron wasn't on the bus.

I still think the "we" could be referring to just TH and he's speaking for them as a couple-equal responsibility. He's probably careful with his wording because he doesn't want to single her out anymore than she already is or to insinuate any blame. He continues to use "we" through out the statement-he never mentions Terri's name or "my wife", even as the one that dropped Kyron off.
I don't think we have any way of knowing yet whether or not Kaine Horman stayed home from work on June 4th, or whether or not he came home early; to meet Kyron's bus or for any other reason. Not yet. Not until something is released or leaked.

It is troubling to me, the way he wrote the email. So detached, so lacking in warmth of any kind. Very cold-sounding. Very careful. Why in the world did he ask his co-workers not to speak to the media?

It is troubling to me, even if he was trying to be be concise, that he said that Terri "dropped Kyron off at 8:45 am." This is not true. According to his wife, Terri, she was at the school with Kyron for quite a long time. She took at least one photograph of Kyron in front of his project in what appears to be a very empty classroom. This points towards being at the school before most of the other people arrived.

Kyron was NOT just dropped off. Unless all that has been reported is untrue.

It is troubling that he states that they called the police in concert with the school. He doesn't say simply, we called 911. My guess is that they never did and never planned to. Why mention contacting the police at all in his email? My guess is, this would be a huge factor and he was already being asked about this; by LE and by co-workers and friends.

If he was a the bus stop at the end of the day, was that usual? I imagine we won't know whether he was home from work that day or not until, and IF, this information comes out in a trial, or is leaked to the press.

my OPINIONS.

Good question!!! We simply don't know where his "office" was and how far he would have been had he been called when Kyron wasn't on the bus.

His father's office is on the case map.

The tone of his email is standard, esp. for men, esp. men sending out email to work colleagues. Men tend to cut to the chase, write the facts, and get to the point. This is especially true of engineering or tech types.

Don't read anything into his email 'tone,' because honestly, that will not give you any info.

As for the whole privacy thing and content of his email, I don't know what to make of that. I would think such an email, instructing Intel employees what to do/not do/media/legalities, would come from someone in HR or Sr. Mgmt, since it's sent to employees and not just personal friends of Kaine. So how that was handled and that Kaine sent the email out I find confusing. If it had been sent by an official of the company then I think there would be much less speculation on that particular piece of communication.

Does anybody think Kaine is involved and SM could be covering for him? What do we know about him?

--He was home that day. He didn't go to his son's science fair, though. (or I haven't heard anywhere that he did).
--DY had a RO issued against him with concerns he would take the children years ago.
--His email to coworkers to not discuss things. But no real other communications except for Press Conference.
--History of sex abuse in family including brother being abused and brother being an abuser
--Some feel he comes across as somewhat stoic / not much emotion at press conference.
--No public pleas

If I got any of the above wrong please let me know. I think everything was in articles and not just rumor.
I just keep going back to him. Is anybody else? Was he at school Friday morning and the "questionare" was to somehow verify that? JMO

http://www.intel.com/community/oregon/campus/transportation.htm

As far has Kyron’s dad being home for the bus stop the above link is about Intel in Oregon and what they do to help the community – one of the items listed is alternate start times.
Kyron’s dad may work a shift that is not “typical” business hours and allows him to be home for the bus.

Taken from above link:
Transportation

Intel is doing its part to decrease cars on local streets by providing a variety of traffic reduction programs to employees. Intel encourages the use of public transportation, shuttles, carpools and vanpools, and support bike clubs, on-site services and alternate start times. Tri-Met, the Association for Commuter Transportation, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency have all praised Intel's commute reduction program with specific recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo