1351 users online (266 members and 1085 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Tony P ~ alleged attempted abduction in St. Helens

In the general discussion threads, there was some sleuthing of Tony Phipps. On June 9th, he was arrested for attempting to abduct a boy in St. Helen's who was on his way to school.

The charges against him were dropped today.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/...72511075346900

Is there any way that he could be involved in Kyron's disappearance?

This thread is for discussion about Tony Phipps.

pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    In the general discussion threads, there was some sleuthing of Tony Phipps. On June 9th, he was arrested for attempting to abduct a boy in St. Helen's who was on his way to school.

Wow.. thanks for the update. I don't think so.

I think if they thought he was connected to Kyron, he would not be out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    Wow.. thanks for the update. I don't think so.
    i agree...pretty sure this guy lived on the periphery of society, more than likely had some mental health issues, probably did a lot of pretty despicaple things...but i have a feeling that he may have been more interested in grabbing the backpack and not the kid...i think his mugshot woulda definitley jogged some memories around the school (on an off-note - i don't think this was a sexually motivated crime)

The police are indicating, at least publicly, that TP is not involved with Kyron's disappearance. This could be indicative of an airtight alibi, but it could mean a lot of other things as well.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...oy_who_fo.html

"Police told the family the case does not appear connected to the Kyron Horman disappearance."

Also, on one of the OregonLive comment threads a user claims to have found someone with the same name on Facebook, and also states that this particular Facebook user works for Intel. I cannot verify any of these statements, and that particular board is notorious for trolling, so I'd take it with a big grain of salt.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...omments-5.html

Quote Originally Posted by squeaky View Post
    The police are indicating, at least publicly, that TP is not involved with Kyron's disappearance. This could be indicative of an airtight alibi, but it could mean a lot of other things as well.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...oy_who_fo.html

"Police told the family the case does not appear connected to the Kyron Horman disappearance."

Also, on one of the OregonLive comment threads a user claims to have found someone with the same name on Facebook, and also states that this particular Facebook user works for Intel. I cannot verify any of these statements, and that particular board is notorious for trolling, so I'd take it with a big grain of salt.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...omments-5.html
    Yes, there is another person with the same name who works at Intel; they are not the same person.

If he is homeless and with that record, it is hard to find a job, I would imagine.

Unless he could borrow a car, I would it hard to believe that he owns a running vehicle, But maybe.

Well, knowing about Kyron made this little boy more cautious, so at least that is one good thing that perhaps came out of this case, such as it is.

But, IMO, there is a big difference between a RSO for sodomy with an under-aged girl and one who kidnaps/rapes/kills little boys. (Not saying better or worse, just saying that, aside from the power trip aspect, these are different impulses, in my uneducated opinion.)

I always felt he was making a feeble grab at the backpack...he gave up pretty easily. No, I don't think there is any chance this is the offender here.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I always felt he was making a feeble grab at the backpack...he gave up pretty easily. No, I don't think there is any chance this is the offender here.
    He is homeless and possibly mentally ill - he might have been grabbing at the kid's pack for all sorts of reasons we can't possibly guess at. Perhaps he thought he saw Ringo Starr waving at him from it. Who knows?

Any more arrests on this guy? Has he been behaving? I didn't know how to look up arrest records.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    Well, knowing about Kyron made this little boy more cautious, so at least that is one good thing that perhaps came out of this case, such as it is.

But, IMO, there is a big difference between a RSO for sodomy with an under-aged girl and one who kidnaps/rapes/kills little boys. (Not saying better or worse, just saying that, aside from the power trip aspect, these are different impulses, in my uneducated opinion.)
    Hi WhyaDuck, I don't know if I agree with you in your last paragraph. I found lots of info on the Web about this, that a pedo can have a preference to one or the other but will do both boys and girls. http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/sec...04/ch104c.html

Both sodomy and rape are sexual crimes. I think the guy who kidnaps, rapes then kills his victims just has an added personality disorder to his sexual proclivity. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post

BBM
    No. A heavy set, dirty (likely to smell of body odor, feces, and urine) homeless man with a 4 inch pony tail would have been detected visually and by the parents’ olfactory receptors if he was near the school on June 4th.

I think they would be holding him if he was suspected for Kyron's murder, especially if he doesn't have a home.

So no, I don't believe this guy has anything to do with Kyrons' disappearance.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain