743 users online (113 members and 630 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Vigils for Kyron

June 15, 2010

Emotional candlelight vigil for Kyron Horman. (KOIN)
    An emotional candlelight vigil was held Tuesday night at Sunset Presbyterian Church on Cornell Road in Beaverton for Kyron Horman.

Songs, prayers and hope rattled through the church walls, as community members comforted one another in the search for the missing 7-year-old.

The Horman family was in attendance for the ceremony, but were whisked away in a van immediately following the event, before media could ask questions.

Said one member in attendance: "I just have love in my heart for Kyron, and I cry myself to sleep." <snipped>

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopula...jy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Vigils Tonight and Light a Candle at Home!

For those who are interested and are local to either Portland or Medford, there are two vigils planned for this evening. The one in Portland is being held at Skyline Elementary at Kyron's "Wall of Hope" at 8pm. They are suggesting that you bring your own candles as well as anything you wish to contribute to the "Wall of Hope" for Kyron. The one in Medford is being held at Vogel Plaza at 8pm and they are suggesting that you bring candles and balloons if possible.

For those of us "non-locals" who have fallen in-love with this precious little boy and would like to show our support and offer our good thoughts/wishes/prayers to the family and to Kyron, please light a candle and say a prayer if you can for Kyron. Suggested time would be 8pm Pacific time (same time as the vigils), 10pm Central, 11pm Eastern.

PS - I am not the organizer for any of these events....just passing along the information because I hadn't seen a thread about it yet here on WS. If you need more information, you can check out the Kyron Horman Open Discussion Facebook page - specifically the "discussion board" there for details about parking or to ask a question of the organizers. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kyron-...2738#topic_top
    Praying for precious little Kyron
    I'm sorry that justice was not served for you little Caylee. I pray that your murderer will forever be haunted by nightmares and will never find a moment's peace.

I will light a Jelly Belly candle for Kyron I think he would like thatand say a prayer for him It will be 11 pm here In NC
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

Light a virtual candle if you can not attend tonight in person.

Just click on the link and pick a candle that isn't lighted to begin.

Follow directions and add your message/info.

Candles stay bright for 48 hrs. You can light as many as you like, as often as you like.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Kyron
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

Same here PoppyH! Lighting my candle and saying my prayer promptly at 11pm. I'm in NC too!
    Praying for precious little Kyron
    I'm sorry that justice was not served for you little Caylee. I pray that your murderer will forever be haunted by nightmares and will never find a moment's peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenorwyn View Post
    Same here PoppyH! Lighting my candle and saying my prayer promptly at 11pm. I'm in NC too!
    Howdy Neighbor
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

Thanks all...that lighting of the candle is neat. Praying for my virtual little buddy.
    Here.

Dearest Korman Bless you and Keep you until you are Found and Brought Home.
    We are all thinking of you and wishing You and your Family Reunited as soon as Possible.

A candle is glowing in my window. I am hoping that it will light your way home, Kyron.

Quote Originally Posted by xin View Post
    Thanks for the picture - my heart breaks for her.
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

Breathe is offline Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~Albert Camus
    A day in his shoes....I can't even imagine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way. ~Author Unknown

200 attend candlelight vigil for Kyron Horman at Skyline School

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...t_vigil_f.html

Parents Kaine Horman and Desiree Young were among more than 200 people who attended a vigil Friday night for missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman

The event was held under a brilliant pink and blue sunset at Skyline School, the last place Kyron was seen by his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, June 4th.

Participants listened to a prayer and songs, lit candles and wrote notes on the Wall of Hope for Kyron Horman -- a balloon-covered chain link fence turned memorial.

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton was also present. He comforted Kaine Horman with a hug as he left the school.

Last edited by CaringCitizen; 07-10-2010 at 03:32 AM. Reason: formatting

Vigil for Kyron Horman

Kaine Horman waits on a playground slide outside Skyline School for the candlelight vigil for his missing son, Kyron Horman, to begin. The 7-year-old boy went missing from the school on June 4th. Arkasha Stevenson/The Oregonian

Desiree Young, (right) mother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, is comforted by a friend during a vigil Friday night at Skyline School in rural Northwest Portland, where the second-grader vanished June 4. Kyron’s father, Kaine Horman, also was among about 200 people attending the vigil.

Jan Hollis-White (right) hugs Kaine Horman at a vigil Friday night at Skyline School to honor his missing son. “I just feel for him and need to hug him,” she said. Seven-year-old Kyron Horman, a second-grader, vanished from the rural northwest Portland school June 4. Massive searches in the five weeks since then have found no sign of the boy. The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office asks anyone with information regarding Kyron to call the tip line at 503-261-2847.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast