Was Kyron Going to Visit His Biomom the Weekend of His Disappearance?

pufnstuf

"Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalance
Reaction score
Do we know that Kyron was going to Desiree's for the weekend? Where did that info come from?

My thought is this:

It would make sense to me that he was home to meet the bus. He planned to do so, because Kyron was headed to Desiree's for the weekend - so he was there to see Kyron off / spend some time with him / drive him halfway ...

I'm speculating but ... here's where I got the suggestion that it was Kyron's weekend with Desiree. (thanks joshiesmom)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14

If true, that brings up more questions. Why would Desiree leave at 1 and the other family would be leaving about 4:00 PM at the earliest?

Perhaps they did not meet half way then? Does Desiree stay in town? Does she stay with the family?

So many questions. It would seem too expensive to stay in a motel, but perhaps not. It is my understanding that Desiree has an older child as well.

One would think that they would meet half way. But again, how would I know. Would Desiree bring her other child with then?

If true, that brings up more questions. Why would Desiree leave at 1 and the other family would be leaving about 4:00 PM at the earliest?

Perhaps they did not meet half way then? Does Desiree stay in town? Does she stay with the family?

So many questions. It would seem too expensive to stay in a motel, but perhaps not. It is my understanding that Desiree has an older child as well.

One would think that they would meet half way. But again, how would I know. Would Desiree bring her other child with then?

I thought that Desiree always stayed in town on visits. I know that she lived in the Portland area until 2006, so I would imagine that she has a place to stay, either with friends or relatives in the area, though this is speculation.

I thought that Desiree always stayed in town on visits. I know that she lived in the Portland area until 2006, so I would imagine that she has a place to stay, either with friends or relatives in the area, though this is speculation.

BBM. I saw on Koin (TV) Desiree's neighbors (mom and 2-3 children) talking to a reporter about Kyron, the family, etc. The reporter talked about how Kyron went down there every other weekend to visit his mom and step-dad. I assumed from seeing that that Kyron did stay down there with his mom and step-dad. Long drive, so maybe they would meet up halfway, but I don't believe Desiree stayed up here for her weekend visit with Kyron.

Here's some SPECULATION as to the driving times. Maybe both sets of parents had an arrangement. Desiree drove all the way to pick him up and TH and/or KH drove all the way to go get him. It makes more sense that they would do this - that way everybody isn't out driving all day or both days for that matter. Clear as mud?

Now that I think of it, I haven't seen it confirmed that the weekend of Kyron's disappearance was one scheduled for a biomom visit.

I think it's been confirmed that they had regularly scheduled visits every other weekend.

Was that weekend a scheduled visit time?

If so, was the visit going to happen or was it cancelled?

If cancelled, who cancelled it?

The neighbor said that biomom was frantic to leave home and go to Kyron's home when she found out that Kyron was missing. That must have been approx 4pm or after? Or did she find out earlier? From whom?

Let's confirm as much as we can, and see what we've got. Include links to credible sources please, no rumor.

Here's some SPECULATION as to the driving times. Maybe both sets of parents had an arrangement. Desiree drove all the way to pick him up and TH and/or KH drove all the way to go get him. It makes more sense that they would do this - that way everybody isn't out driving all day or both days for that matter. Clear as mud?

This is the arrangement that we have for visitation with my stepdaughter, whose mother lives 2.5 hours away from us.

Could we please PLEASE not get into calling people 'bio mom' and 'bio dad'? How about using their first names? They've been named in public. Just sets off my teeth a little, and I know no one means anything bad by it, but I get this sneering voice that echoes from my TV-in-my-head-that-sounds-like-a-TV-crime-entertainer and well....

Could we please PLEASE not get into calling people 'bio mom' and 'bio dad'? How about using their first names? They've been named in public. Just sets off my teeth a little, and I know no one means anything bad by it, but I get this sneering voice that echoes from my TV-in-my-head-that-sounds-like-a-TV-crime-entertainer and well....

Hi Debs :) I thought we couldn't yet? Do you know if we can or not? I agree with you...

I agree, it irks me a bit as well. Using the term "bio-mom/dad" makes it sound (to me, anyway) like a child was given up for adoption.

If Mom hadn't left yet (according to her neighbour) to get Kyron, perhaps Dad or SM were going to drive him that day.

I can't think of anything that would tie Mom's weekend with Kyron to his disappearance, especially if she wasn't in town that day. Can anyone else? It looks like it just happened to be that day.

From Desiree's home in Medford OR:The reporter says (2:07/2:08) she lives in the home with her BOYFRIEND a Medford police officer.

How could this info be so wrong 4 days into K's disappearance? They are MARRIED according to all other media reports & LE..She also interviews a close neighbor (her child plays with K) so did this info come from her by some chance or is it just bad reporting?

Neighbor also says "he would visit OFTEN" vs every other weekend..I'm not sure if we can take her word as gospel tho.

http://localnewscomesfirst.com/index.php?option=com_seyret&task=videodirectlink&Itemid=431&id=5169

I thought he was going camping with his step-brother that weekend????

Kyron's 16yr old step-brother,(step-mom's child), was camping with his bio-dad that weekend, according to a relative. We don't know what Kyron was scheduled to do, but no mention of him camping with them.

Kyron's 16yr old step-brother,(step-mom's child), was camping with his bio-dad that weekend, according to a relative. We don't know what Kyron was scheduled to do, but no mention of him camping with them.

That's weird.....Kyron disappeared on a Friday and reports stated that his step-brother was camping. I guess I took that to mean he was already on his camping trip. Is there some link which clears that up? I remember thinking that it's odd someone would pull a child out of school to go camping when the end of the school year is so close.

Ah, okay, thanks for the clear-up. I thought I heard (when the case first broke) that Kyron was excited to go camping with his step-brother that weekend (according to Terri). I just got my facts mixed!

I googled Kyron Horman again today. Not good. No new articles. Breaks my heart to think this case will go cold.

It was a 'Boy Scout' outing so I don't think K would've been allowed to go anyway..Btw..Was step-brother already gone the day K went missing? That's how it appeared in the media but it was a school day (Friday) which seems kinda odd to me.

That's weird.....Kyron disappeared on a Friday and reports stated that his step-brother was camping. I guess I took that to mean he was already on his camping trip. Is there some link which clears that up? I remember thinking that it's odd someone would pull a child out of school to go camping when the end of the school year is so close.

My thoughts exactly re: Friday..See above!

Is high school in Portland out the same time as elementary school? I know here the HS's have always been out sooner. If the Brother was finished his exams, he was free to go camping.

June 10 is the listed last day of school in Roseburg. I guess that doesn't answer whether Kyron was going to his mom's for the weekend, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back