1225 users online (192 members and 1033 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

DE - Tina Faye Kemp, 14, Felton, 3 Feb 1979

Kemp was 14 years old when she disappeared in 1975. It was around 9 a.m. Feb. 3, a Saturday morning, when she left her home on Main Street in Felton.

"She just disappeared, no indication of where she was going," Hudson said.

She had no known family problems or any other indications that she would be a runaway, he said.

Because she was known to frequent horse-racing tracks in Delaware and surrounding states, police follow up with neighboring states whenever remains are found at a horse track.

But neither that nor other investigative efforts have netted solid leads.

Kemp, who was 5 feet tall and weighed about 100 pounds, had a medium build, brown hair and blue eyes. She last was seen wearing a white sweater, red and blue flannel shirt, blue jeans and red-and-white tennis shoes.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p...0346/-1/NEWS01

It would be helpful if these articles contained photos. How are we expected to find a missing person without a photo?

Quote Originally Posted by meggilyweggily View Post
    It would be helpful if these articles contained photos. How are we expected to find a missing person without a photo?
    Exactly. I can't find her photo anywhere on the internet. This case is extremely cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Rle7 View Post
    Kemp was 14 years old when she disappeared in 1975. It was around 9 a.m. Feb. 3, a Saturday morning, when she left her home on Main Street in Felton.

She had no known family problems or any other indications that she would be a runaway, he said.

Because she was known to frequent horse-racing tracks in Delaware and surrounding states, police follow up with neighboring states whenever remains are found at a horse track.

Kemp, who was 5 feet tall and weighed about 100 pounds, had a medium build, brown hair and blue eyes. She last was seen wearing a white sweater, red and blue flannel shirt, blue jeans and red-and-white tennis shoes.

Oh no! ................

Quote Originally Posted by ihadcabinfever View Post
    Oh no! ................
    What's wrong ihadcabinfever?

I did a search in NewspaperArchives.com hoping to find some original articles from when she disappeared in 1975 that may have included a photo but I could not find anything at all about her. The only article I found online was the one Rle7 included in the first post. Strange that there were no old articles from 1975.
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

Help me out those with better detailed memories than myself.....

Aren't there other missing girls that have ties to horses and horse trainers and the such?

I'll go look around, but I bet someone can just pop the names out in mere minutes here..........

Quote Originally Posted by LisainWV View Post
    Help me out those with better detailed memories than myself.....

Aren't there other missing girls that have ties to horses and horse trainers and the such?

I'll go look around, but I bet someone can just pop the names out in mere minutes here..........
    Lisa, the one case that I know of that could have such ties is the 3 missing women from the Indiana Dunes State Park on July 2, 1966. That is just rumor but all 3 women were horse enthusiasts. Here is the link for that case.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25728
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

Quote Originally Posted by liz325 View Post
    Lisa, the one case that I know of that could have such ties is the 3 missing women from the Indiana Dunes State Park on July 2, 1966. That is just rumor but all 3 women were horse enthusiasts. Here is the link for that case.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25728

Liz, thanks....I'm sure that's what I was thinking of!!

Probably not associated, but I had that link in my brain!

Some very interesting similarities...

Quote Originally Posted by Rle7 View Post

This case bears very strong resemblence to several other disappearances of young girls in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey that same year.

Most vistims were about her same size and general description.

Sheila (13) and Katherine (11) LYON disappeared on 25 March 1975 from Wheaton Plaza shopping center in Maryland.

See the featured case of the Missing LYON Sisters and the threads on possible connections for a list of the missing...

Remains are being exhumed and tested for a pregnant female found in the 70's. I don't know if this is the case here but some of you may know more about a missing pregnant late teen or early 20's person.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,306440,00.html

bumping case up. I wonder why the Doe Network does not have a listing on her...

Tina Faye Kemp, 14, Felton, 3 Feb 1975

I posted the below information three years ago on Websleuths' Featured Case about the Missing Lyon Sisters. The origional link to the source no longer works.

Tina's case is not included in NCMEC or the Doenetwork.

She is also not listed in the Delaware State Police Website.

Does anyone have any more information about her or her disappearance?

She has been missing for over 35 years now. As Delaware is adjacent to Maryland, could this case be linked to the disappearance of the Lyon Sisters only a month later (25 March 1975)? Or to other child disappearances in nearby states around that same time?

-------------------------------------------------------
    ... Tina Faye Kemp's family hasn't seen her for more than 32 years. ...

Tina Faye Kemp

Kemp, who was 5 feet tall and weighed about 100 pounds, had a medium build, brown hair and blue eyes. She last was seen wearing a white sweater, red and blue flannel shirt, blue jeans and red-and-white tennis shoes. ...

You can help

Police ask anyone who may know something that could help solve one of these cold cases to call detectives at 739-5939.

Callers may remain anonymous.

Source:

delawareonline The News Journal, Wilmington, Del. Few leads, little luck in cold cases

Bumping case up...

Does anyone have any more information about Tina and her disappearance?

Tina was added to the Charley Project today.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kemp_tina.html

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast