91-year-old woman caught with dug up, mummified husband and twin sister in her house!

PickieChickie

Former Member
Reaction score
91-year-old woman caught with dug up, mummified husband and twin sister in her house!

Authorities said they believe the bodies belonged to the late-husband and deceased twin-sister of 91-year-old Jean Stevens.

State Police believe the remains of Jimmy Stevens had been dug up from the Lime Hill Cemetery more than a decade ago and kept at the home. His body was found rolled up in a rug and stored in the garage. The twin sister, June, died last October; she was dug up from her backyard and kept in a spare bedroom.

Yeah, who helped her dig up the bodies? And why was her twin sis buried in the backyard to begin with?

The premier Batty Old Lady Living with a Dessicated Corpse story is William Faulkner's "A Rose for Emily":

They rose when she entered—a small, fat woman in black, with a thin gold chain descending to her waist and vanishing into her belt, leaning on an ebony cane with a tarnished gold head. Her skeleton was small and spare; perhaps that was why what would have been merely plumpness in another was obesity in her. She looked bloated, like a body long submerged in motionless water, and of that pallid hue.

http://www.wwnorton.com/college/english/litweb05/workshops/fiction/faulkner1.asp

I was pretty serene about this until I got to the part about glasses and... make-up. Woo-oo-eeeee.

The premier Batty Old Lady Living with a Dessicated Corpse story is William Faulkner's "A Rose for Emily":

They rose when she entered—a small, fat woman in black, with a thin gold chain descending to her waist and vanishing into her belt, leaning on an ebony cane with a tarnished gold head. Her skeleton was small and spare; perhaps that was why what would have been merely plumpness in another was obesity in her. She looked bloated, like a body long submerged in motionless water, and of that pallid hue.

http://www.wwnorton.com/college/english/litweb05/workshops/fiction/faulkner1.asp

"A Rose for Emily" was my first thought when I read the headline!

I know this is bizarre but it makes me sad for some reason. Sad for this 91 yr old woman.

I know this is bizarre but it makes me sad for some reason. Sad for this 91 yr old woman.

Very sad... were they the last people she had left and she couldn't bear to part from them?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back