FL FL - Regina Armstrong, 6, Orlando, 18 June 1985

Poor little Regina. I feel so sorry for her and her parents.

Unfortunately, the sketch looks like that of a 15 year old boy and not a 34 yr. old man, imo. Maybe someone killed the creep. I'll check to see if any UIDs might be a possibility. Often those who kill wind up murdered themselves.

Thanks for putting this case on WS, Reality! Maybe we can dig up something useful.

Little Regina....

54391597.jpg

54391563.jpg

And the artist's rendering of the suspect:

54391598.jpg

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-regina-mae-armstrong-pictures,0,7680865.photogallery

When Christina realized her sister wasn't coming back, she tried to warn their baby sitter. But the woman had locked the door and wouldn't listen to Christina's pleas for help. It wasn't until nearly two hours later when the baby sitter's boyfriend and another brother returned, that Christina finally got help.

... had locked the door?! Refused to listen to a child's panicked pleas for help?! That's just horrific.

WTH. I hope that woman was charged with something.

This is a bit confusing: 'when the baby sitter's and another brother returned' - so she had her boyfriend over, and whose brother? Anyway, I wonder how often she neglected those kids while "watching" them? And whether the killer had stalked the area at all and maybe noticed the kids outside on thier own a lot... Maybe he was seen around in the days/weeks prior by someone.

I'm just here to bump the thread. I was one of those people found in a sweep - roadblock - and I helped put someone in prison for life - one day justice will prevail. One day someone or something will break and this little girl's murderer will surface. Hugs to the family. Big, supportive hugs.

After reading about this case I wondered how Regina's sister, Christina, was doing, and so hoping that she didn't carry around too much guilt. For a 9 year old to go through that is unimaginable.

I came across the linked article from 1989, which says that Christina suffered from a hereditary disease and needed a kidney transplant. Sheelah Ryan, a woman who won $55 million in a Florida lottery the previous year, donated $10,000 toward the cost of Christina's transplant.

:applause:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=qkpWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=OOoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5625,8822806&dq=regina+mae+armstrong&hl=en

Here is another article from the Gainesville Sun which describes some of the search effort for Regina. It sounds like it was very tough slogging.

One extra piece of info mentioned about the suspect was that, in addition to the split lip, he was missing some teeth.

The woods, canals and swamps in a 2 mile radius around the apartment building were searched.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=B8JPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2QYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6894,3683804&dq=regina+mae+armstrong&hl=en

From the AMW website link, here is a photo of the apartment building where the kidnapping took place:

Apt1_enlg.gif

I remember when this happened. The apts., where she went missing from were at the end of the street where my grandparents lived and where I grew up. It was always a safe area back then. The apts faced very, very busy 4 lane rd with restaurants across the st. It could've been anyone that that kidnapped her. I remember going to vist my grandparents just a few hrs after she went missing and the crime scene tape everywhere. Several yrs later when her skull was found it was my mother, who worked for DHL at the time, delivered her back to the Oviedo PD after she'd been ID. Such a sad case!

This is an old thread, but I specifically registered on Websleuths to point out something...

I was reading about 1971 murder of Lubjica Topic in Canada and noticed more than enough similarities between two cases:

- Canadian police is looking for a man with missing tooth

- The guy who abducted Lubjica was also offering children some sort of reward

Now, the difference between two cases is also enormous - they're 14 years apart and one happened in Canada and another one in US - however, I also remember reading about serial killer David Maust (no relation to this case, obviously) who killed a boy while stationed in Germany.

Makes me wonder....

Lengthy article with lots of details. The investigative errors are heartbreaking.

The Unsolved Murder of Regina Mae Armstrong • Morbidology

Snips:
Shortly after finishing their lunch, Regina, Christina and their babysitter’s young son decided they would go outside and play. As they were cavorting around the courtyard at the Semoran Terrace apartments, a man approached them at around 12PM. He disappeared before returning to speak to the children once again. This time, he offered Christina and the young boy $2 each to stand watch at a nearby apartment which he claimed belonged to him and his wife. He told them he was taking Regina with him to pick up his grandchildren and promised to be back within half an hour.

When Regina and the anonymous man didn’t return, Christina started to worry. Just the week before her abduction, Regina had participated in an Orlando police program which was designed to teach children to avoid dangerous situations with strangers. It soon dawned on Christina that something awful could have potentially happened to her little sister. She and the babysitter’s son ran back to the apartment where Christina tried to explain what had transpired to the babysitter. Instead of taking heed to what Christina was saying, the babysitter instead locked the door and ignored her, assuming she was messing around and being dramatic. It wouldn’t be until two hours later, when the babysitter’s boyfriend turned up, that Christina finally got to detail what had transpired.

Snip:
In addition to the missing person posters, a composite sketch of the abductor was generated. He was described as a white male of approximately six feet tall with a medium build and dark hair. He was estimated to be between 37 and 40-years-old and was wearing a plaid shirt, faded jeans, and a gold watch with Roman numerals. His upper lip had been split as if he had recently been in a fight and he was missing two teeth on one side of his mouth. On his left forearm, he had a tattoo. “He smelled oily, like he worked for a mechanic or on cars. He didn’t seem like a normal guy,” recalled Christina.3

She also recollected that he smelt of alcohol. Shortly after the composite sketches flashed across television screens state-wide, a 7-year-old girl from Cocoa Beach told her father she had some important news to share. She was adamant that this was the same man who had attempted to abduct her from their home just days before Regina was abducted. As the young girl, Erin, had been sleeping, a man crept into her bedroom after pryig loose a screen and unlocking the bedroom. The man attempted to lift Erin out of the window. Her 9-year-old sister, Elisa, awoke and started screaming to alert their parents. When he heard the child screaming, the kidnapper dropped Erin on the grass outside and sprinted away. Police also started to investigate whether it was the same man who abducted a 9-year-old girl on her way home from school on the 7th of June and raped and abandoned her in St. Augustine.

upload_2020-8-12_11-50-36.png

Police announced that they believed the killer to be somebody living in Central Florida due to the location the body was found. “Based on where we found the skull and clothing, I personally feel it was someone in that area,” said Oviedo Police Chief Dennis Peterson. The fact that Regina was disposed of in the same state where she was abducted also suggested such.

I live in TN. I have spoken with Seminole County police many times but we think my great Uncle did this. He was arrested in TN for molesting my sister. Long story short, every thing matches up including him telling a family member where Regina's remains could be found. His name was Jack Frost. He was convicted in Sullivan County, TN in 1993. I have tried everything so you all are my last hope. I would just like her sister to have closer. I've been on Reddit and any other place I could think of, but the police there say nothing. I'll take any help I can get and will gladly provide more information if need be. Btw that sketch was sent to my mother in 1993 via the FBI. It's a complete match. Thanks for listening.

I believe the composite or the one I saw with 2 moles and the lip scar very much reminds me of Henry Lucas who was active around the area at that time in a brown large box type vehicle. I'd very seriously consider just the striking image comparison alone. I knew that face when I saw it looking at the composite for the first time in 2023 in the Regina Armstrong case. There is more than one but the one with the moles looks uncanny to the man. I had to tell someone. I'm not speaking of this sketch recently posted in the forum but one posted earlier in the investigation I believe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back