1148 users online (199 members and 949 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Regina Armstrong, 6, Orlando, 18 June 1985

Regina Mae Armstrong, age 6, was abducted and killed in 1985. Although her body was found 2.5 years later, it was more than 10 months before her family was notified. Her killer has yet to be identified. Here's a link:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...ge=2&track=rss

Pictures from the Regina Mae Armstrong case.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...5.photogallery

amw page for the abductor. Has more information and links on the media tab.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=43981
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Poor little Regina. I feel so sorry for her and her parents.

Unfortunately, the sketch looks like that of a 15 year old boy and not a 34 yr. old man, imo. Maybe someone killed the creep. I'll check to see if any UIDs might be a possibility. Often those who kill wind up murdered themselves.

Thanks for putting this case on WS, Reality! Maybe we can dig up something useful.

Little Regina....

And the artist's rendering of the suspect:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...5.photogallery
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

When Christina realized her sister wasn't coming back, she tried to warn their baby sitter. But the woman had locked the door and wouldn't listen to Christina's pleas for help. It wasn't until nearly two hours later when the baby sitter's boyfriend and another brother returned, that Christina finally got help.

... had locked the door?! Refused to listen to a child's panicked pleas for help?! That's just horrific.

WTH. I hope that woman was charged with something.

This is a bit confusing: 'when the baby sitter's and another brother returned' - so she had her boyfriend over, and whose brother? Anyway, I wonder how often she neglected those kids while "watching" them? And whether the killer had stalked the area at all and maybe noticed the kids outside on thier own a lot... Maybe he was seen around in the days/weeks prior by someone.

I'm just here to bump the thread. I was one of those people found in a sweep - roadblock - and I helped put someone in prison for life - one day justice will prevail. One day someone or something will break and this little girl's murderer will surface. Hugs to the family. Big, supportive hugs.

After reading about this case I wondered how Regina's sister, Christina, was doing, and so hoping that she didn't carry around too much guilt. For a 9 year old to go through that is unimaginable.

I came across the linked article from 1989, which says that Christina suffered from a hereditary disease and needed a kidney transplant. Sheelah Ryan, a woman who won $55 million in a Florida lottery the previous year, donated $10,000 toward the cost of Christina's transplant.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...rmstrong&hl=en
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Here is another article from the Gainesville Sun which describes some of the search effort for Regina. It sounds like it was very tough slogging.

One extra piece of info mentioned about the suspect was that, in addition to the split lip, he was missing some teeth.

The woods, canals and swamps in a 2 mile radius around the apartment building were searched.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...rmstrong&hl=en

From the AMW website link, here is a photo of the apartment building where the kidnapping took place:

It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Bumping.

Here is a court document from 1991 ARMSTRONG v. H & C COMMUNICATIONS, INC.

http://www.leagle.com/decision/1991855575So2d280_1808

That poor family, no news, still no closer to finding Regina's killer is seems.

I remember when this happened. The apts., where she went missing from were at the end of the street where my grandparents lived and where I grew up. It was always a safe area back then. The apts faced very, very busy 4 lane rd with restaurants across the st. It could've been anyone that that kidnapped her. I remember going to vist my grandparents just a few hrs after she went missing and the crime scene tape everywhere. Several yrs later when her skull was found it was my mother, who worked for DHL at the time, delivered her back to the Oviedo PD after she'd been ID. Such a sad case!

This is an old thread, but I specifically registered on Websleuths to point out something...

I was reading about 1971 murder of Lubjica Topic in Canada and noticed more than enough similarities between two cases:

- Canadian police is looking for a man with missing tooth

- The guy who abducted Lubjica was also offering children some sort of reward

Now, the difference between two cases is also enormous - they're 14 years apart and one happened in Canada and another one in US - however, I also remember reading about serial killer David Maust (no relation to this case, obviously) who killed a boy while stationed in Germany.

Makes me wonder....