GUILTY OR - Savanna Albertson, 17, found murdered, Grants Pass, 16 June 2010

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100618/NEWS/6180329

Details still being sought on murder in Grants Pass

"A blood-covered man who crashed a neighbor's barbecue Wednesday in southeast Grants Pass faces a murder charge after police discovered the body of a 17-year-old girl at his home.

Nathan Lee Geith, 25, of the 1300 block of Oriole Street, remained lodged in the Josephine County Jail Thursday on suspicion of killing an acquaintance, Savanna Ivysivi Albertson, 17.

The girl, who moved in and out of the Grants Pass area freely, staying with family in Southern Oregon and elsewhere, had been stabbed multiple times, Grants Pass Department of Public Safety Deputy Chief Bill Landis said. An autopsy will determine the exact cause of death.

Residents of the 1400 block of Southeast Portola Drive called 9-1-1 at about 7:45 p.m. to report that a bloody man, whom police later identified as Geith, had climbed over a fence into their backyard while they were barbecuing, Landis said....."

and

"......police were looking into reports that Albertson was associated with the Juggalos, fans of the band Insane Clown Posse who consider themselves a "family," but are classified as a gang by authorities...."

more at link

Hi Everyone!!: Yes I am alive and watching over your shoulders as you sleuth. Thank you for all the nice notes. I've struggled to not post so many times but can't stop myself this time. A horrible crime occurred in Grants Pass, just north of where I live. I'm posting this as there is a possible connection to the Juggalos. We've dealt with "Happy, the Clown" before (I'm sure Filly and Texas Mist remember!!). I have watched this "family" for several years and they frighten me greatly.

I checked and did find the girl's MS page. I have a feeling that Savanna was a troubled girl who moved around a lot. I'm really hoping that it is not determined that she was trafficked.

Rest in peace, Savanna. My prayers are with your family.

You guys take care and keep up the great work

(((hugs)))

Missizzy

Missizzy - It is so wonderful to see you posting! Thanks for bringing us this important story.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100618/NEWS07/6180346

"A Grants Pass [OR] man facing murder charges in the death of his teenage girlfriend told police that she came at him with a knife and he took it from her, stabbing, biting, punching and possibly strangling her, court records said.

Nathanial Lee Geith, 25, appeared dazed as he appeared in Josephine Circuit Court on Thursday afternoon via video conferencing to be arraigned on charges of murder and third-degree escape. He is accused of killing 17-year-old Savanna Albertson.

Geith, who often went by the name "Nathan," is being held without bail in the Josephine County Jail. He was arrested Wednesday night when, covered with blood, he climbed a fence into a neighbor's yard in the 1400 block of Portola Drive, just a few hundred feet from his 1301 S.E. Oriole St. home. He tried to hide in the neighbor's garage, but was taken into custody. Officers then found Albertson's body at his home...."

more at link

Folks, this is not as "tidy" as it sounds. Let's not forget about the Juggalo connection. JMO

I was starting to worry that something bad might have happened to you Missizzy! I am so glad to see you back! :dance:

Oh my Miss Izzy. I'm going to look for the thread with "Happy" for ya.

O.K. of course this link doesn't mention Juggalo's but it's informative all the same. First I have to say it breaks my heart hearing about a young girl couch surfing. Basically "homeless by choice".

According to a spokesman from a youth center who is speaking for Savanna's mother the two had been dating only about three weeks. They met at a Deli Truck Stop where Geith worked.

Geith's aunt lets us know he used to be a good person. He was a star in high school for track. That I sure noticed while googling him. He moved away from Oregon and when he came back his dad died. Thus the spiral? :waitasec: The rage?:waitasec:

Geith stabbed, bit and punched Savanna. He told cops he lost it after she came at him with the knife.

Savanna and this is important was a witness in a manslaughter case against Joseph O'Dell for the 2009 murder of Caitlyn Strausen. LE do not believe this had anything to do with her murder.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100618/NEWS07/6180346/-1/NEWSMAP

"Happy The Clown" thread. Thanks to Vegas Bride for finding this guy and respect for Miss Izzy for educating us about some of the Juggalo's of the world. Warning folks the guy has his entire face tattooed like a clown. No it doesn't make him a bad person, but the home invasion does.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97299&highlight=juggalo

Love and light sent to Miss Izzy. You already know I miss ya, woman.

Nathan Geith's Myspace.

Someone wrote on there this is not the Nathan they know. That Nathan died a long time ago. Ummm, well he's still alive and this poor girl is murdered.

Looks like he had some trouble with the women as well.

http://www.myspace.com/44888131

Hi all. While there's probably a small subset of criminal ICP fans who congregate in gangs or gang-like groups, I want to say that "Juggalo" (or "Juggalette") is generally just a term for people who are fans of the group Insane Clown Posse.

I'm not a fan of ICP personally (if you've seen their latest video on YouTube, you'd understand why, as it falls into that "hilarious and hilariously bad" realm), but seeing that some authorities have classified Juggalos as a gang nearly made me spit out my Coke. For people who know ICP fans or Juggalos, calling them a "gang" is about as ridiculous as calling KISS fans — i.e., the "KISS Army" — a "gang."

It's not a useful classification. Even if it's a local problem with Juggalos, they need to come up with a more specific term if they're concerned about a group of criminal ICP fans. Or criminal KISS fans.

Hi all. While there's probably a small subset of criminal ICP fans who congregate in gangs or gang-like groups, I want to say that "Juggalo" (or "Juggalette") is generally just a term for people who are fans of the group Insane Clown Posse.

I'm not a fan of ICP personally (if you've seen their latest video on YouTube, you'd understand why, as it falls into that "hilarious and hilariously bad" realm), but seeing that some authorities have classified Juggalos as a gang nearly made me spit out my Coke. For people who know ICP fans or Juggalos, calling them a "gang" is about as ridiculous as calling KISS fans — i.e., the "KISS Army" — a "gang."

It's not a useful classification. Even if it's a local problem with Juggalos, they need to come up with a more specific term if they're concerned about a group of criminal ICP fans. Or criminal KISS fans.

Thank you Zinc. We had posts under the home invasion Juggalo's original thread.

I do have a friend who is a Juggalette and explained just as much.

However, I am in "The Kiss Army", O.K.? I am a gang of one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggalo

Lots of links both pro and con concerning violence and gang status.

Please understand that I am not saying that Juggalos (Insane Clown Posse fans) are violent or evil. Not at all. If you will refer back to our "Happy, the Clown" thread, you can read the points I tried to make about Juggalos. I live in Southern Oregon and Klamath Falls (50 miles the the east of me) has quite a problem with the group. There was even a murder there last year which is thought to involve (both perps and the victim) several fans:

http://mydeathspace.com/article/200...ra_Jimenez_(18)_and_left_his_body_in_a_garden

It is entirely possible that the music or the ICP acts happen to appeal to those who are grappling for "something". I don't have the ability to search right now, but I'm fairly certain that studies bear out the theory that certain types of music appeal to fans during different stages of life and current experience.

Nathan, obviously, was struggling. I ran an archive check on him at the Mail Tribune site and he was a track star and seemed to be on a healthy path until the time spent in NY. Who knows what occurred there. Mixed in with meth, witnessing a murder, a young girlfriend (and the resulting testosterone), and the death of his father; I don't doubt that he snapped.

FWIW, I cannot quite explain it but I'm never surprised when I see a mugshot and learn later that the person identifies themselves as a Juggalo. There's just a certain look about them. And note, I am saying this about those who have mugshots--not every Juggalo. I hope that is clear.

Here's another local article with some interesting comments and details:

http://www.ktvl.com/articles/pass-1195715-murdered-year.html

It is really unfortunate that Darci had to learn just how Savanna died by reading it in the Courier. She should have been told by law enforcement before it was published. No body who knew either Savanna or Nate can make any sense of the.

http://localnewscomesfirst.com/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back