Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Joran Van der Sloot Confesses to Murdering Stephany Flores Ramirez #10

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy2441 View Post
    If JVDS is going to be in GP in 2-3 months, than I would say it's official... he will die soon.
    I'm kind of surprised they'd release him to general population before his trial is over ~ just in case something does happen to him.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    Bad idea though. Molehills turn into mountains. One time when I was 13 and I swear this is true - the other girl had an idea to steal from a store similar to K'Mart. She showed me how to take these flowered bell bottom pants into the dressing room and hide them on my body and walk out the store with them. I have no idea why I went along with this because, probably if I would have asked my parents, eventually I could have bought something similar. Anyway, I carried this out successfully.

Next I had the problem of what to tell my parents about where I got these cool bell bottom pants. So, I told them that _____ grandmother had bought them for her but they were too big so _______ gave them to me. Lucky me! My mom picked up the phone to thank Mrs. ___________ for the lovely gift they had given her daughter. Mrs._________ said that she knew nothing about this gift.

Next thing I knew I was in the car with my dad and the bell bottoms driving up to the store. My dad tracked down the manager of the store and looked at me and told me to explain why I was returning the bell bottoms to the store. Luckily for me, the manager could not press charges he said because we were returning the pants (if he would have caught me, he would have called the police then they would have called my parents). Instead my parents were the police. That put an end to my short lived career of stealing stuff. My parents, although not perfect, tried to pay attention to what I was doing and since they knew right from wrong, they didn't let me slide.

To this day, I can't explain why I went along with ________. I thought she was cool so I just did. Flat out peer pressure. A few years later, that girl ended up in a heap of trouble but I lost track of her as she dropped out of school.
    You do have some great super duper parents. I went thru a similar incident with my daughter at that age also due to a girl friend or so she said. I reamed both my daughter and her girl friend a new ***. They are both fine now after 10 years.It was cosmetics though. Extremely tempting to young girls. Sorry to be o/t. In Jorans' case , quite a different story. That Van Der Sloot household went thru hell IMO if even his siblings were in some kind of danger from Joran. I always hope that with the exposure of a Joran story., some parents will have their eyes opened and do something pro active when they have a bad seed in their midst.
    The Dutch are pretty secret/reserved about internal family problems. Outside appearances are very important even if based on lies.
    My own grandfather was a pedophile when he got older. No police, family handled it by never letting him out of their sight. He always had a family member(different ones)present till he died.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rotterdam For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Joran van der Sloot's Mom Says He 'Could Have Done Something' to Peruvian Woman

Anita van der Sloot was quoted today in a Dutch newspaper saying her 22-year-old son Joran van der Sloot "could have done something" to Stephany Flores, the Peruvian woman he is accused of murdering.

The interview comes a day after ABC News obtained an e-mail from Anita van der Sloot in which she asserted that her son is "not a murderer."
    Anita van der Sloot has stayed out of the limelight as her son and even her husband Paul van der Sloot, who died earlier this year, were vilified -- especially in the U.S. media.

In the e-mail obtained exclusively by ABC News, she said she would never talk to the U.S. media because of how he was portrayed, but she gave an extensive interview to De Telegraaf in which she admitted she thought the family made a mistake by not getting Joran psychiatric help after his arrest in the Natalee Holloway case.

"He lied so much, that we became desperate. He said to me too, 'Mom, I sometimes don't know any more if something is a lie or the truth,'" the paper quoted her as saying. "Joran is sick in his head, but he didn't want any help."

She indicated that she feared that the pressures created by being the prime suspect in the death of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway five years ago in Aruba may have caused her son to snap.

"I now believe that Joran may indeed have done something to Stephany in Peru. Maybe in a burst of anger? I don't know," she said, according to the newspaper. "I think it is intensely sad that that businessman Flores has lost his daughter, and I my son. That's how it feels."

Flores' body was found five years to the day after Holloway went missing, and she said that coincidence couldn't help but make an impact on her.

"Exactly five years after Natalee's disappearance? The Holloways were busy with him. That businessman Flores held a press conference and only spoke about Natalee. But it was about his own daughter," she said.

"Sometimes I just don't know. I follow everything ... But I have to take distance too, save myself now."

And she said she thinks it is time to "let Joran go."

much more at http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/joran-v...ry?id=10961460
    I think reading this article affected me more than anything else I've read about this case. It brings in the human element that he is someone's son and she is someone's mother, which we forget when discussing 'the monster' that he's become and the 'bad mother' that made him that way.

Now my heart really goes out to them in the sorrow that he wasn't given the help he needed. But what saddens me the most is for her to say that she's letting him go and '"I will not visit him in his cell, I cannot embrace him." Everyone needs their mother's love....even him.

MOO
    “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.” - Elvis

Michael Griffith says "we" are developing a case under the passive personality theory. It can be brought in U.S. courts against JVS. ???

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Flow For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    Wow! That's a biggie! Thanks for that article!
    There's a lot more of her comments in the article, but I couldn't post it all here so I do hope everyone reads. She goes on to say how traumatized he was after being arrested re: Natalee, and how "persecuted" he has been, which has affected his behavior now. MOO
    Rest in Peace

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Where was Joran when his father died?

Quote Originally Posted by Flow View Post
    Where was Joran when his father died?
    I think Thailand.

Article by David Lohr on aol news about the passive personaity theory.

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article...urder/19515801

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flow For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    I wonder if his mother wants to use the insane defense. He is not insane, he is a pathological lair, narcissist, bipolar and who knows what else. I heard a prosecutor explain it in these term "mental illness does not equal insanity." His parents should have realized there was something not right with him when Natalee disappeared and all the lies he told, and no emotion at all.
    You say bipolar and that he is not insane. make up your mind.
    Bipolar is a mental illness.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    I dont know if I can see correctly anymore. My daughter is mentally ill and behaves in ways that I do not recognize.
    Bipolar with personality disorder does get worse with time. When he had that first girl friend to who he has written poetically, it may not have been visible yet.
    It is entirely possible that he is mentally ill.

What if he has bipolar, with personality disorder and schizophrenia???? what if?
    A normal person does not kill people. what if?
    I still am not saying that he would not be punished - NO - I am not saying that at all. He should be punished in Peru.
    But that illness as I know it...they are all brilliant, conning liars. That is for sure,
    I took an intensive course and that runs through ALMOST ALL of them.

They can be medicated to have full lives, but some without medication can act out in dangerous ways. I dont know how to look at things anymore I really dont.
    the things I see on these threads are enough to make my hair grow upwards.
    And some ON medication act out in dangerous ways. All murderers have some form of mental illness. "Normal" people don't commit murder, for any reason other than self defense.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ks1 For This Useful Post:

Here's MSNBC's version of the Anita VDS article:

[snipped]

She said he blamed himself for his father's unexpected death earlier this year.

"Two days Joran cried. He even hung over the coffin, sobbing.

"It's my fault, Dad," he said. "I have caused your heart attack."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37802494...news-americas/

This may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for Joran...IMO
    “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.” - Elvis

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FLNY For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Flow View Post
    Michael Griffith says "we" are developing a case under the passive personality theory. It can be brought in U.S. courts against JVS. ???
    I don't know who the "we" is that he's talking about, but he's been talking up that theory on tv for the last few weeks. It's a theory in international law that the U.S. would have jurisdiction to bring a murder case against JVS because he killed an american citizen, even though Joran is not here and even through the crime didn't happen here. I posted a cite to the theory a ways back. The problem continues to be that there's not enough evidence IMO to bring a murder charge now. Maybe if some forensic evidence can be developed, or a body could be found, or there were eye witnesses to the crime, a trial might be worth it. Usually a district attorney would not go forward unless they're pretty sure of conviction because if they bring the charges and the defendant is found not guilty, they can never bring the case again.

The passive personality theory was used, for example, when we brought charges against the murder of Mr. Klingerhoffer who was thrown off a boat in the Med., and also it's the theory the U.S. used against Manuel Norriega.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eileen O'B For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FLNY View Post
    I think reading this article affected me more than anything else I've read about this case. It brings in the human element that he is someone's son and she is someone's mother, which we forget when discussing 'the monster' that he's become and the 'bad mother' that made him that way.

Now my heart really goes out to them in the sorrow that he wasn't given the help he needed. But what saddens me the most is for her to say that she's letting him go and '"I will not visit him in his cell, I cannot embrace him." Everyone needs their mother's love....even him.

Me too when my son was going thru his wild days it was some tough times and tough love but I always let him know I loved him unconditionally but I didn't have to Like him or his behavior and he was walking a very thin line.. Thank THE LORD ABOVE that he my son got thru those growing pains with no permanent scars so to speak ... but it is sooo sad regardless that this person Joran has indeed ruined so many lives.
    Last edited by GetSmart; 06-19-2010 at 09:05 PM.
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard
    ’.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GetSmart For This Useful Post:

Do you not understand that mental illness does not equal insanity? Criminally insane person does not know right from wrong.
    Joran, by leaving Peru, clearly demonstrated he knows the difference, IMO.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Here's MSNBC's version of the Anita VDS article:

[snipped]

She said he blamed himself for his father's unexpected death earlier this year.

"Two days Joran cried. He even hung over the coffin, sobbing.

"It's my fault, Dad," he said. "I have caused your heart attack."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37802494...news-americas/

This may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for Joran...IMO
    A person who feels responsible for the death of a loved one usually becomes depressed but does not go on to murder someone else. If anything, I believe they'd become suicidal. MOO
    Rest in Peace

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Castro Castro prison director says JVDS to be in 'general population' in 2-3 months.

"Journalist Wim van de Pol, the only Dutch reporter ever to have visited the Castro Castro prison, says it is perilous inside. 'The right of the strongest applies there.' It is indeed a severely guarded prison of the highest level, but the security is only focused on keeping the prisoners inside, Van der Pol explains. 'They monitor who goes in and who goes out. What happens inside is not that important.' "

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_74086.php
    Yep, it has been reported in various articles (quoting the Castro Castro prison director) that Joran will go into general population after the pretrial investigation by the judge. Although not necessarily Castro Castro. Suspect that not all prisons have a court house on the premises like Castro Castro.
    That is also the time period that the Aruban dudes get to see Joran. After the pretrial investigation.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rotterdam For This Useful Post:

Mental illness does not equal insanity. This a case where a kid suffers from mental illness schizophrenia, he kills his coach, he is found guilty of first degree murder even though he is mentally ill. He was not insane.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...22-504083.html
    Last edited by legalmania; 06-19-2010 at 09:27 PM.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to legalmania For This Useful Post:

Found this while I was doing research: Ex con says Van der Sloot is a dead man

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...html?tag=strip
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to legalmania For This Useful Post:

Songline I read that too and although I can't speak for the quoted poster I thought she might have been trying to suggest borderline disorder. Two distinctly different diagnosis but one is a mental illness (bipolar) and one is a personality disorder -borderline (and not a mental illness). At least not by my definitions. KWIM?

I'm sure the poster will come back and clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Songline I read that too and although I can't speak for the quoted poster I thought she might have been trying to suggest borderline disorder. Two distinctly different diagnosis but one is a mental illness (bipolar) and one is a personality disorder -borderline (and not a mental illness). At least not by my definitions. KWIM?

I'm sure the poster will come back and clarify.
    Insane is did you know right from wrong at the time you committed the crime. There are thousands of people with mental illness but they are not insane.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to legalmania For This Useful Post:

This part of what he says though is troubling ~ is he inferring that Stephany's father's connections will pay to have Joran disposed of? If so, I disagree. MOO

""You know, that's a dangerous place. ... You've got murderers there, terrorists there - you've got bad people. And the problem he's facing is that the father of Stephany (Flores) ... is a prominent person. And this is an impoverished prison. And you pay off the right people, ya know, someone will stick a knife right in the guy."
    Rest in Peace

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Thanks CBTampa for this link
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6597757.shtml

"They'll be lining up to kill him. He has no hope. He has no chance.

"And I could give advice to his mother, that I would go out and buy a black dress and get ready for the funeral, because it's gonna be all over pretty soon."

That's the case even though van Sloot is being kept away from fellow inmates, Levine says. "He's in solitary. He's living in a cellblock that has ten cells to it. He's living by himself. ... His existence is just about over. … It doesn't really matter if they isolate him because, even in a U.S. prison, people can get to people.

"I talked to my buddy, Bobby the Bookmaker, in Vegas. He says you can't even get a line on the guy, because he's a dead man. Nobody's picking up the action on this. The show's over for this kid. He needs to face the facts."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This says it all.... no more need for discussion on how the inmates have befriended him.. Bull that's all that is. When gamblers in Vegas won't pick up on the action that says it all.
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard
    ’.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GetSmart For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bobarino View Post
    Description of Stephany's Wounds with Diagrams

http://www.***********.com/2010/06/j...lores-autopsy/

The above link is the best I have seen (and just found now) RE Stephany's wounds. It is not new, but I never saw it befoere, and is better and larger than the official material--though I presume based on it. None of the wounds indicate stabbing, IMO. Strangling is clear, as is Stephany's fight back.
    Wondering whether the blunt trauma to the torso, down to her naval, would indicate an instrument? Perhaps, in typing out post, answered my own question - Yeah, his hands/fists, etc.. The brutality astounds me.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sanny View Post
    But they have new shoes?

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to legalmania For This Useful Post:

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast