Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nums24 View Post
    Thank you for the translation!

I believe that this is considered the "investigative phase", the judge has to order these things first. I do not know anything about Peru law, but I think I found the link to the Peru Judicial System, I just can't understand any of it LOL. Here's the link: http://www.pj.gob.pe/
    Thanks. My Spanish is rusty. And maybe you agree the free translations are beginning to be very tiresome. Better than nothing, but sometimes tediuous to figure out what they really mean. Not sure why they keep getting the sex wrong (he or she), as that should be a simple matter?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobarino For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bobarino View Post
    Thanks. My Spanish is rusty. And maybe you agree the free translations are beginning to be very tiresome. Better than nothing, but sometimes tediuous to figure out what they really mean. Not sure why they keep getting the sex wrong (he or she), as that should be a simple matter?

I've been checking the dutch sites too and I speak zero Spanish. My brain is mush.

This Peru Law site is in English!!!!:

http://www.worldlii.org/catalog/2274.html
    My posts are my opinion only. Praying for Justice for Caylee Marie!
    The Florida Bar summed up the problem regarding Mr. Baez.
    "His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nums24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    They are saying since she passed before he robbed her---hence the simple robbery. I, personally, disagree. He robbed her within the act of murder....period...he should get life in prison. Can't see how you can separate the two. JMO
    They may merge...at least they do here in certain circumstances. For example, LE cannot charge felony murder under most state statutes if the felony aspect is not distinct from the murder aspect. So if a guy rapes & murders, then he can be charged with felonly murder. But if the suspect beat a guy to death, we cannot charge him with felony murder because the battery merges into the felony murder (otherwise, it would be a double jeopardy issue).

Also in some states here, kidnapping statutes require either movement of the victim (even if only slightly...say JVS moved her to room 310), or if no movement, then concealment in a secret place is required. Confinement alone might not lie for a kidnapping charge, here anyway.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cottages For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TwiceIrish View Post
    The timing of this announcement and the payment to the ex-girlfriend is suspicious.
    Yes. Also that Anita supposedly sent her an email not to trust US media.
    Does that mean they are in touch and why would they be, if Joran and the girl
    broke up years ago considering he hurt her. She must have gotten over it
    considering he texted her recently asking her to send him money.
    Why would she continue to be friends with him when he lied to her,
    cheated on her and most importantly she's fully aware that he changed
    his stories about Natalee's last hours.

I don't understand. Other than that, her interview was an honest reveal
    of a young first love relationship. She's honest about his dishonesty.
    I'm just having trouble reconciling why she would still have anything to
    do with him or his mother for that matter.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Official COD posted several times today.

Two fold.
    1. Trauma to cranium (skull) and brain.
    2. Trauma to the cervical neck region. (Common vernacular-- broken neck.)

No stabbing cited. Certainly not as a fatal wound. And probably no stabbing at all.

Exactly how the above traumas were inflicted I do not believe has been publicly divulged. Maybe Monday in court?

We have been trying to match injuries, statements, visible evidence etc. So far I think either elbowing or punch from Joran are the leading candidates. Open to other factors if there is evidence etc.
    Based on JVDS confession , I was expecting asphyxiation but after a couple of days until finding the body, I guess the actual cause of death could be difficult to determine. Sounds like , if he would not have suffocated her , she would have still died of other causes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rotterdam For This Useful Post:

Anita Vds has more in common with the Anthony's than we thought:

http://www.gelderlander.nl/algemeen/...in-kliniek.ece

snipped:

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Joran van der Sloot had gone to Peru to escape inclusion in a psychiatric clinic.

Joran van der Sloot mother Anita told in an interview with The Associated Press on Saturday that her son had accepted the shooting, but fled at the last minute for his treatment.
    "His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nums24 For This Useful Post:

snipped:

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Joran van der Sloot had gone to Peru to escape inclusion in a psychiatric clinic.

Joran van der Sloot mother Anita told in an interview with The Associated Press on Saturday that her son had accepted the shooting, but fled at the last minute for his treatment.
    Wow...that's really breaking news! Great job finding this.

"Joran suffers according to his mother with major psychological problems. ,, Joran is sick in his head, but he wanted no help.''
    “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.” - Elvis

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FLNY For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    Yes. Also that Anita supposedly sent her an email not to trust US media.
    Does that mean they are in touch and why would they be, if Joran and the girl
    broke up years ago considering he hurt her. She must have gotten over it
    considering he texted her recently asking her to send him money.
    Why would she continue to be friends with him when he lied to her,
    his stories about Natalee's last hours.

I don't understand. Other than that, her interview was an honest reveal
    of a young first love relationship. She's honest about his dishonesty.
    I'm just having trouble reconciling why she would still have anything to
    do with him or his mother for that matter.
    Your "Why would she continue to be friends with him when he lied to her,
    his stories about Natalee's last hours."

Answer as many have noted:
    You never stop loving your first love.

From his POV, she's probably just another potential source of "income."

From what I found, it said he began having sex at age 14, including many American tourists, who he described as "easy."

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bobarino For This Useful Post:

Here is another article:

http://translate.google.com/translat...n%3Dbinnenland

My son is sick in his head" ORANJESTAD (Aruba) - Oranjestad (Aruba) - Anita van der Sloot, de moeder van Joran, verbreekt na jaren het stilzwijgen. Volgens Anita is haar zoon psychisch zwaar in de war geraakt. Anita van der Sloot, Joran's mother, breaks the silence after years. According to Anita her son was mentally confused heavily hit.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nums24 For This Useful Post:

snipped:

Do I see the defense building a platform here for a plea of insanity? Is that accepted in Peru as a reason to lower charges?
    JMO

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:

When my brain is recharged, I will have to see if mental defense is allowed in Peru. I know that being under the influence was a mitigating factor.

Goodnight everyone

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nums24 For This Useful Post:

snipped:

very odd translation in this article.... Anita van der Sloot (53) says in the interview continues to believe that her son is not responsible for the death of Natalee Holloway.

Ze houdt het echter wel voor mogelijk dat hij de Peruaanse Stephany Flores heeft omgebracht. She loves it, however, possible that his Peruvian Stephany Flores has killed.

accepted the shooting - what's that?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to newone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FLNY View Post
    I took this to mean that the public cannot attend th proceedings on Monday, as opposed to the actual trial which by law in Peru must be public.

But, hopefully, late Monday or soon thereafter the results from Monday's hearing will be published.
    The way I understand it, that this is part of the pretrial fact finding mission by the judge. After that is completed, late August, JVDS will be released in the general population of Castro Castro or maybe even another prison.
    I did check the climate for Lima, just as miserable as Florida in the summer. High humidity.
    Joran found his own version of The Hotel California IMO, no extradition.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rotterdam For This Useful Post:

Your "Why would she continue to be friends with him when he lied to her,
    his stories about Natalee's last hours."

Answer as many have noted:
    You never stop loving your first love.

From his POV, she's probably just another potential source of "income."

From what I found, it said he began having sex at age 14, including many American tourists, who he described as "easy."
    Somebody should explain to her that what she experienced with Joran is not love imo.
    Last edited by Woe.be.gone; 06-19-2010 at 02:47 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    Somebody should explain to her that what she experienced with Joran is not love imo.
    and how about ''discretion" - nice people don't kiss and tell about their encounters

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to newone For This Useful Post:

Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast