Boy not allowed hat to honor military

Annie

Reaction score
A young boy was not allowed to wear the hat he and his dad had prepared for Hat Day in his school because it had some little toy soldiers glued to it and the soldiers had guns. These are plastic toys glued to a hat. Guns are what our military use. Our military protects us and others and gives us the freedoms we are able to enjoy. Now we have a principal who doesn't know the difference in a plastic soldier holding a gun and a real weapon that might harm someone. Yes, this little boy learned a lesson. Because someone is a principal, she may have a book education but she is completely lacking in common sense. What a shame that this little boy tried to honor our military and worked on a special hat for Hat Day and got this put down from that woman and that school!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/1...y-figures-glued-holding-guns/?test=latestnews

I heard this story on the way to my dentist office yesterday - I was appalled. The boy didn't get to participate in CRAZY HAT DAY because his crazy hat was camo with toy army men glued on it!

The army men would have been OK if they were army men without guns.

Bxtch slap that person will ya? I'm so very, very tired of this. I think someone needs some "common sense knocked into them" as my late father would have said.

armyhat_monster_397x224.jpg

Silly nonsense. We have zero tolerance rules because bureaucrats are too stupid to think for themselves.

What the other posters said. I totally agree. Just plain stupid.

I wish I could find a link that I read earlier, which contained a quote from the retired commander of the RI National Guard. I'll have to paraphrase, since I can't find the darn link, at least not yet! He said the American soldier IS armed. It isn't called the "Armed Forces" for nothing!

With my fellow posters, I agree that this is yet another example of the stupidity of blindly following a "no tolerance" policy.

SHEESH.

Still, a toy gun is a toy gun...if they are not allowed toy guns in school. I know it's is nitpicking, but we go crazy if school are lax, so common sense goes out the window with over-caution...

Still, a toy gun is a toy gun...if they are not allowed toy guns in school. I know it's is nitpicking, but we go crazy if school are lax, so common sense goes out the window with over-caution...

OK but let's think for a minute: why have the rule in the first place? Probably because some kids might bring guns to school; they might not know the difference between a toy gun and a real one. The no guns in school idea is for safety, not to teach an anti gun ideology I WOULD HOPE. The school has no business teaching anything anti-Constitutional rights. We have a RIGHT in this country that is as old as the country itself and that right was given to us by the use of guns.

So a toy gun IS not a toy gun in every sense because we must look to the intention of the drafters of the policies and stick with that. Common sense has every right to rear it's head lest we become puppets of the government who can't have a single thought or make a good decision on our own.

Why aren't these "teaching opportinites" instead of opportunities for some looney left teacher to push a personal agenda. It makes me fight harder and harder for my law degree so I can defend our Constitution.

U.S.A.

Aww that's a good ending. Now, I think an apology is in order from that school admin.

061810ap_hat_flap_story.

Shucks can't get that image to show. ARG.

It wasnt a toy gun it was an Army man. So it had the image or replica or a gun attached to it. It still was not a toy gun.

Are guns allowed in the books at school ? As in a picture in the dictionary? or a book about the old west?

They are training our children in a way that our children will not even understand the constitution because every thing they teach the child having to do with their policies undermines their constitutional rights.

I have to wonder where our priorities are these days. I appreciate what our military does for us just as much as anyone else but I fail to see why a young boy being asked to abide by the rules and/or wishes of his school administration is somehow wrong.

I have to wonder what part of NO GUNS toy or not, is so hard to understand at these schools! i mean honestly, it may be silly, but it IS a rule. And that Includes when it's upon another toy. SOrry guys, but i'm with the school.

Yes, it is silly. There should be a difference made between a weapon that can harm someone and a picture or small toy. Everyone wants real weapons kept out of school in any form. But for educated adults to lump plastic toy soldiers in the same category is ridiculous. They need to use common sense. Last year a little boy got in trouble at a school for just drawing a picture of a gun in art class. I am with the little boy and think the school needs to change that policy. Shame on those adults.

I have to wonder where our priorities are these days. I appreciate what our military does for us just as much as anyone else but I fail to see why a young boy being asked to abide by the rules and/or wishes of his school administration is somehow wrong.

I understand the school not wanting toy guns at school.

But an army man is not a gun. IT is not a gun ,cant pretend it is a gun when it isnt. Where are the lines drawn ? Can the boy where a star wars shirt? or a toy story backpack? What are buzz light year action figure ?

They needs rules in place for a reason and this kids hat was not the reason.
There is shooting and bombs going off in the movie ann frank and they show that in schools.
Had it been a toy gun glued to his hat I could have said IT is a rule.
but it isnt It was an action figure. So no barbie dolls should be allowed in school either because her clothing does not fit the dress code.

Our military is supposed to protect our freedom and defend our country. The nation was made on the challenging of rules. Rules that limited people from freedom of expression ,freedom of voice, and choice. This child was honoring that very thing.
The goverment has decided that while your child is at school they get to act in loco parentis so can make decisions concerning your child and what rights they are entitled to that is how they get arround upholding the childrens constitutional rights. But now most high schools keep a resource officer on the grounds leading the student to the impression that this is the working example with all aurthoritive roles. So now you have a whole generation of young people running arround believing the constitution isnt important. Having no clue how to defend their rights or even understading what those are.

this just goes to show that bearacurcy (sp) and paranoia out weighs patriotisim and common sense.

the kid was showing respect for our armed forces. and yet we say 'why are kids so desensitized to important things around them?" well this kid isnt. he cares. and he got in trouble for it.

the whole worlds gone mad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back