1305 users online (214 members and 1091 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Big city Law Enforcement VS Satsuma

I think this case would have been solved a long time ago if LE had done their jobs properly. Come on! A 17 year old girl and and a (unusual person) can't be smarter than they are. It's hard for me to believe they have ever given Ron a serious look-see. Misty hates being in jail, and I think she has tried to tell them what actually happened, but they won't listen. Enough is enough! Call in the people that can get to the bottom of this, and let's get on with it. The 911 call holds a lot of clues, and I swear, I don't think they have ever broken down that call. Ask Misty why she couldn't keep up with the questions the 911 operator was asking. Ask her why she was making the call instead of Haleigh's dad. Ask her why she was concerned with how freaking cold she was instead of what happened to Haleigh? Ask her what drugs Ronald was referring to. And as a last resort, ask Ronald these same questions, unless they are too concerned about insulting Ronald since it's his daughter that is missing. Hey law enforcement...here's a news flash for you.....it's usually a family member that comments these crimes. No need to tip toe around them!
    Last edited by grandmaj; 06-18-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: removed name
    These are my opinions, and the last time I checked, I was still entitled to them.

Here's another thing that I can't get past. Why hasn't Teresa Neves been asked how she can travel 12-15 miles in 5 minutes, after being awakened from a deep sleep, having to get dressed, and having the presence of mind to bring along an 8x10 glossy of Haleigh. They have the record of what time Ronald called her, and what time she showed up at the MH. If the time line doesn't fit, they have an obligation to press TN for the truth. I don't believe they have ever done this. Why haven't they confronted her with this obvious impossibility?
    These are my opinions, and the last time I checked, I was still entitled to them.

It has been pointed out to me that I misspelled Satsuma. (thank you!) I don't know how to correct this. Kim, can you take care of it?

I agree Maryann. This case is beyond frustrating and perhaps someone else needs brought in, a clean pair of eyes so to speak.
    I believe Misty has told them everything she knows and I really don't feel like she is the smoking gun that LE has thought she was. They focused on her immiediatley and stayed with her and I think there is too much tunnel vision going on.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by Maryann123 View Post
    It has been pointed out to me that I misspelled Satsuma. (thank you!) I don't know how to correct this. Kim, can you take care of it?
    It is spelled correctly, I just googled it to make sure
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

This case is so frustrating. I've seen LE solve other crimes and do not understand why it is taking so long. I do think they need to give both sides of the family LDT's; all of them to be fair. There has to be more that know something that would be significant.
    The LE of Putnam County solved a crime that was a quarter of a mile from where I live and it didn't take over a week; they do have some good investigators working for Putnam County. It does make me wonder if there is more going on behind the scenes. I hope that it is that they just are not releasing what they know and not a coverup. I met Jeff Hardy when he was running for sheriff and he seemed to genuinely interested in making a difference. Justice for Haleigh!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    It is spelled correctly, I just googled it to make sure

One of the mods must have fixed it. It was definitely spelled wrong the first time. Thank you kim?

Quote Originally Posted by Maryann123 View Post
    Here's another thing that I can't get past. Why hasn't Teresa Neves been asked how she can travel 12-15 miles in 5 minutes, after being awakened from a deep sleep, having to get dressed, and having the presence of mind to bring along an 8x10 glossy of Haleigh. They have the record of what time Ronald called her, and what time she showed up at the MH. If the time line doesn't fit, they have an obligation to press TN for the truth. I don't believe they have ever done this. Why haven't they confronted her with this obvious impossibility?
    Don't forget that she also was wearing here Sheriff Department's jacket when she arrived on the scene also.

How do we know what LE is doing behind the scenes? Is there a link that can justify opinions that they aren't doing their job?

Recently I watched a show on 20/20 or one of those kinds of programs where LE worked tirelessly for well over a year before they made an arrest in a case. During that time, they didn't show their hand at all.

BTW, I didn't change the spelling of Satsuma.

I personally think there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than any of us know. I've often felt they were putting pressure on Misty to let Ronald think they weren't even considering him in hopes that he would screw up. The 911 call and the way the Cummings tried to control Misty's every action tells me the Cummings' clan are either covering for Ronald or Teresa. IMO Misty didn't find out anything until 1:30-2:30am when a neighbor saw her screaming and on her cell phone out in the yard at the MH. Ronald's behavor has been extremely odd if you ask me. It certainly hasn't been that of a father whose child is missing.

I do not think PCSO is inept. Just looking at the cast of characters in this case tells us what LE has had to deal with. And they can't force anyone to take a LDT. They can ask, and perhaps they should have done that in the beginning--or maybe they did and some said no. Who knows! I can see why LE would want to be very protective of what evidence they do have and I have never felt they owed us (the public) any information at any time, other than letting us know that they are continuing to work the case.

Some cases go cold and stay that way for years and then, when it's least expected, there is a break. And some cases go cold and are never solved. That might be what happens with this case. I hope not, but I am not sure whether bringing in new LE would help or not at this point; maybe earlier on it would have made a difference, but now that the case is swirling with so many lies, I have my doubts. I think LE knows what happened but lacks physical evidence to guarantee a conviction and they do not want to mover forward for that reason.

If perps or witnesses will not talk, nothing can be done to force them to talk. IMO, the only way Haleigh will get justice of any kind is if one or more of the key players goes to prison for a very long time on the drug charges...if that happens we might see one break down eventually. Even if they go to prison, I think they will continue playing games until they have exhausted all appeals.

What I see coming in the near future is either more lies or nothing at all...because the players still have hopes of getting off easy on the drug charges. It will not be until that is no longer a possibility that they might entertain the idea of telling what they know. But, if they get off with light sentences, I am convinced we will never hear the truth about Haleigh.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    I'm not ready to slap down PCSO just yet. Considering the "witnesses" they have to work with, the numerous failed LDTs, the inconsistencies in statements, they have a tough job. Plus they have no body, and very likely, very little evidence. All we know they have is a claim that a child is missing. Everything else, they are keeping quiet, and rightfully so. Just because we want to know doesn't mean they have to tell us.

They are holding several people in custody, on charges unrelated to Haleigh, but they are being held nevertheless. They probably believe these are the main suspects and there's no reason to rush and botch the investigation just because we want to know. There's no law that says they must tell us NOW. The law says "full disclosure" after someone is charged. I'm willing to give them some slack to do their job. Yes, I'm as frustrated as everyone else.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

I get very frustrated with LE in this case, but a little while back, I had a dream, that involved a detective & Ronald. He was on to Ron. I think my mind was churning with this case, while asleep, but it did make me feel better. So, I'm thinking, that I have subconsciously picked up clues that maybe LE isn't quite as enamored with Ron, as they seem. He is in jail, on a huge bond, so I'm thinking they've got him where they want him. My biggest fear, is that they'll all get huge drug sentences, & the Haleigh case will be forgotten. I won't be satisfied with the killer(s), being in jail, I want them in jail for Haleigh. So, I sincerely hope, that LE isn't looking at a consolation justice.

Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    I get very frustrated with LE in this case, but a little while back, I had a dream, that involved a detective & Ronald. He was on to Ron. I think my mind was churning with this case, while asleep, but it did make me feel better. So, I'm thinking, that I have subconsciously picked up clues that maybe LE isn't quite as enamored with Ron, as they seem. He is in jail, on a huge bond, so I'm thinking they've got him where they want him. My biggest fear, is that they'll all get huge drug sentences, & the Haleigh case will be forgotten. I won't be satisfied with the killer(s), being in jail, I want them in jail for Haleigh. So, I sincerely hope, that LE isn't looking at a consolation justice.
    Dodie,
    That is exactly how I feel. I believe if there is evidence of blundered attempts to solve this crime then that explains the way everyone who tried to investigate this case has been defamed...ie..Tim Miller, Cobra and even Geraldo. Practically told to leave. I believe that if the press would stop updating this story it would go away. Maybe if they had gone away when Cobra and Geraldo were sent away the case would have sat on a shelf. Now I think after almost a year and the press hanging on and on....they tried the put them in jail and deal with them tactic.

What bothers me about the drug charges and incarceration is this: They were doing the same thing for Gawd only knows how long BEFORE Haleigh was gone.....so too little to late.

Finally, I will not be satisfied if they give them 100 years each......if its not for the disappearance of little Haleigh. This is not going away no matter what they do. The can is open....someone is gonna cough up Haleigh or this is going to haunt that police dept forever. MOO
    Admitting I am wrong is not in my nature, being wrong is.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast