Why has the family not made a public plea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRule254

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
This is my first time starting a thread so forgive me if I am not following guidelines in some way....

:eek:

But I am interested to know theories on why there has not been a public plea for the safe return of Kyron (at any point).

Why do you think there has never been a plea (by family or by LE)?

The only conclusion or theory I can come up with is they already have a more than good idea on what happened to Kyron and his fate. :(

It would certainly explain why Desiree has not come forward on her own.

jmho

I've wondered that myself...personally I would have been on my hands and knees, begging, pleading, that he not be hurt, that he be dropped off at a safe location. I would also be asking questions, why Kyron, what do you want, is it money or are you just a sick SOB...yeah, they'd have to cut to a commercial cause I'd be flippin' ballistic. Probably wouldn't be effective and certainly wouldn't be pretty but I know I would not be able to control myself just thinking I could possibly be speaking directly to my son's abductor.

Do pleas to a kidnapper to release a child work? Are there statistics on that?

IMO his family does not think he is alive, and that is why they have not done so.

Because even if LE told me that public pleas to kidnappers don't work (statistically speaking), I'd still want to do it. To not try something would always make me wonder "what if" ...

But LE says that the need for the public to be alarmed is very low. LE knows a lot we don't. How can a child disappear from a school and the public NOT be alarmed? It must be that the child was targeted specifically (family involvement).

All JMO

Why?

Because both the family and LE know this is a crime committed by someone inside the family and that Kyron is not alive. As for Desiree, I don't know why, except that she must now know he's deceased.

IMO his family does not think he is alive, and that is why they have not done so.

Because even if LE told me that public pleas to kidnappers don't work (statistically speaking), I'd still want to do it. To not try something would always make me wonder "what if" ...

But LE says that the need for the public to be alarmed is very low. LE knows a lot we don't. How can a child disappear from a school and the public NOT be alarmed? It must be that the child was targeted specifically (family involvement).

All JMO

I have read (sorry don't remember which book) that personal pleas do sometimes help to make the kidnapper identify the victim as more of a human being and less of and object. They say to use the victims name not just say "he/she".

I would want to make a statement, I think... But, I don't know if I could "hold it together" long enough to make said statement. I think I would break down... But, I would do whatever it took to try to help bring my little one home.

DH and I were talking about this last night... I would be too busy kicking in doors, looking for my child to post FaceBook messages about running to the gym... 8-(

Experts definitely have said that it can help if someone personalizes the victim by saying their name and telling a little something about them. I doubt if I would be in any condition, but would be standing right there by a family member. Attempts to get a big reward going and sending people to check out places where we might have been stalked would also be done. Actually going and socializing at these places, nope. A suspect must be in mind and they know that Kyron is not being held at some location by a lunatic.

I thought Law Enforcement was doing that, and the missing flyers were doing the same thing? I would not be the one in front of a microphone unless i knew who it was and telling them I was coming for them, one of my friends or family members would have to be up there speaking....maybe it's simply not something they can do.

Maybee they know a kidnapper does not have Kyron, thus no plea, JMO

I for one would be up there in a heartbeat to make my plea...if my missing loved one were alive and there was chance hearing my voice would give them the strength to stay alive and fight to get free...yes, I'd beg, plead & whatever else I needed to do to get my voice heard.

I realize both fathers have spoke but, the one person who needed to be up there was not and I for one wanted to hear her plea...

I remember reading someplace where someone made a very interesting point. All those comments and statements not once did they plead for there child to come home or to let him go..they never once, not once warned other parents about the school. Why no out cry to or about the school? Why not demand the teacher get punished when she must of known she returned to school on Monday after the disapearance. Not angry or frustrated that the "school" lost her child?? IDK But something to think about.

All JMO

i dont know what the statistics would be for a successful release but i would imagine it would be very slim odds....i think the public plea would be the natural reaction of a parent or loved one..a way to vent their fear and anger....Although many flamed her - my heart so went out to diena thompson when she made her televised pleas (but that is a whole other story)... Desiree did not have to say a word - her body language spoke far more powerfully...as for kaine and terri - i was expecting a plea from her and was simply stunned when kaine gave his matter-of-fact pre-scripted thank-yous.

I think they are only making statements from a written statement because LE wants to make sure of everything they are going to say before they say it.

I have felt from day one that someone behind the scences has been guiding this family. Most likely a FBI profiler who is very experienced in missing child cases.

I think each statement given is a calculated effort with includes LE and there is a reason why one parent has been chosen to say one thing to the community and the other parent says something else.

imo

I can't think of a single instance when a kidnapper returned a child due to a plea from parents, but it has not stopped most from trying, just in case...

Also, that is a good point as to why, even in anger, no one in the family has said a word against the school. That might be a "normal" feeling to have some anger toward the school or the teacher, whether justified or not. But on the other hand, they have not said much at all. I am just lost, as far as this entire case goes.

I just hope LE isn't as lost as I am, but am afraid they are.

she wanted the perfect family - Terri, Kaine and the baby. Kyron stood in the way.

Everyone in that family knows what happened, and that is why they havent made a public plea for his return. They all know that Terri did away with the excess to make a perfect family. They just havent come to terms with it yet.

ONLY MY OPINION

I thought Law Enforcement was doing that, and the missing flyers were doing the same thing? I would not be the one in front of a microphone unless i knew who it was and telling them I was coming for them, one of my friends or family members would have to be up there speaking....maybe it's simply not something they can do.

That may be true. John Walsh even mentioned that in one of his interviews. He said he has known hundreds of parents who have missing children and all of them to do not come out to the media and speak out. He said for some it is very hard for them to handle the media. I imagine that is why many of them contact him instead.

But I think everything they have said thus far has been gone over by LE before they speak out.

IMO

That may be true. John Walsh even mentioned that in one of his interviews. He said he has known hundreds of parents who have missing children and all of them to do not come out to the media and speak out. He said for some it is very hard for them to handle the media. I imagine that is why many of them contact him instead.

But I think everything they have said thus far has been gone over by LE before they speak out.

IMO

I highly doubt this. They were behind LE in the TV interviews. Terry and Kaine know what happened.

Why?

Because both the family and LE know this is a crime committed by someone inside the family and that Kyron is not alive. As for Desiree, I don't know why, except that she must now know he's deceased.

I don't know what they know or feel they know.

All I know is every time Gates speaks out he talks directly TO KYRON. As if he is a living person who may be where he can hear his voice.

So I am not sure LE is even convinced Kyron is dead.

IMO

I highly doubt this. They were behind LE in the TV interviews. Terry and Kaine know what happened.

Behind them? The two women have not spoken out. The two men gave only scripted statements.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member