1312 users online (265 members and 1047 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

PA - John Plath - 90 years old - Bensalem - 13 June 2010

http://cbs3.com/topstories/Bensalem....2.1761381.html

Jun 19, 2010 3:20 pm US/Eastern

BENSALEM, Pa. (CBS 3) ― Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare is investigating the disappearance of a elderly man who went from a Bensalem personal care home last Sunday.

John Plath, 90-years-old, was last seen by his daughter at about 6:30p.m. on Sunday, sleeping in a general sitting room of the Sierra Oaks elderly care home.

"These last couple days have been sheer craziness," said Patricia Bosak, the missing man's daughter. "It's extremely upsetting not to know where he is or if he's in trouble."

According to state officials, the grounds of the Sierra Oaks home have been searched repeatedly and a through check of his home in Port Richmond was also conducted.

There have been no reported incidents of residents wandering from the facility since Oakdale Heights took over management of the center in 2007.

He is described as a white male, approximately six-feet tall with a thin build. Plath is said to suffer from dementia and he may have trouble seeing as he left his eyeglasses at the facility.

If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact Bensalem Township Police at 215-633-3719.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 06-24-2010 at 07:57 AM.

This makes me really sad. And I have a bad feeling he may not be that far away...

Lord, please let this man Mr. Plath be safe somewhere.

My heart breaks for his family. I can't even imagine.

He's originally from Port Richmond. There's no way he could get from Bensalem home. That's even if he had his faculties about him.

Be safe Mr. Plath, please.

Body of missing man found

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news...man-found.html

By: BEN FINLEY
    Bucks County Courier Times

John Plath, 90, wandered away from the Bensalem personal care home where he lived on June 13.

Police have found the body of a 90-year-old man who was last seen 11 days ago at the Bensalem personal care home where he lived, Bensalem Public Safety Director Fred Harran said late Wednesday.

John Plath was found in a wooded area of Hulmeville, a borough just across the Neshaminy Creek from where he lived in Sierra Oaks, located at Hulmeville Road and Bensalem Boulevard, Harran said.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Rest in Peace John.

Is this really the best care we can give our elderly citizens? Are their lives worth less than someone who is younger? In a society where youth, beauty and money are worshipped, does anyone really care?

Rest in Peace John.

Oh man I was just looking this up thinking how hot it is.

Poor Mr. Plath. I hope he's back at his house in Port Richmond from the big place in the sky.