646 users online (79 members and 567 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OR - Roger Stevens, 48, Polk County, 12 April 2010

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/arti...8025/1001/news

Update
    11:31 a.m.
    Polk County Sheriff's officials seeking public's help finding missing man
    Jillian Daley • Statesman Journal • June 18, 2010

Polk County Sheriff's officials are seeking a 48-year-old man who last was seen April 12.

Authorities announced today they need help finding Roger David Stevens.
    Stevens is 5 feet, 11 inches tall and 165 pounds. He has a panther tattooed on his left shoulder. His graying hair is shoulder length, and he has a short beard.

Some friends last saw Stevens April 12 in the Salt Creek area.

His vehicle was found abandoned outside of Dallas. It is believed to have been parked there unnoticed for an extended period of time.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call Det. Todd Fenk at (503) 623-9251
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 09-20-2010 at 06:53 PM.

There is no other info out there at all about this missing man.

I wonder if family reported him missing, maybe a neighbor?
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

We love you Roger.

Thank you for posting the information about Roger. He has an 11 year old son and 16 year old stepdaughter that miss him terribly. The missing person report was done by some friends of his in April. Unfortuately, we we not notified until June 11th by the detective. I am not really sure if we could have done anything by knowing sooner. He has a disease, alcoholism. If anyone out there is being told they are drinking too much, please, please listen. The pain of all of this is incredible. Hold on to your families and tell them you love them.
    PS: The tatoo is a mountain lion, not a panther.

Welcome to Websleuths Lecstevens. I'm sorry it is under the circumstances....

An update on Roger. He was in Lincoln City OR on April 17th getting tests done at a hospital. He was at the VA hospital in Portland OR on April 27th or 28th. The nurse he spoke to said he spoke of possible suicide and would do so by hanging; he also said he wouldnt do this because it would hurt his family. There was possibly a person he spoke to at a bus stop in Portland in early May. The sheriffs have done another search of his car and found a note in his visor stating that when he was gone, what he wanted to go to each son. They did find rope in the car so there is the hope that he did not use it. There will be one more search and rescue on Saturday July 24th; hopefully they will search a little further this time. The case will be shelved. All leads have dried up. If anyone is in Portland OR, please take the time to look at anyone panhandling or looks like they are homeless. There is a possibility (and hope) he is there. This is one of the worst ways to find out how much you still love someone.
    Thank you again summer breeze and dreamweaver for getting this information out.

Lecstevens, thank you for the update!

Do you know if volunteers for the search are needed?

My prayers for Roger, his family and friends.

To all our members and readers in Oregon, please keep an eye out for Roger.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 07-22-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Thank you for posting the updates. I live in the DFW area, let me know if there is anything you would like us to do.

I am not sure if they need any volunteers for the search. The people in charge of the search are Sgt Richard Bittick at 503-623-9254 or Dean Bender at 503-623-9251. I am calling the detective in charge of his case today. Unfortunately, he has gotten another really bad case which is part of the reason Roger is being put on the back burner (besides the leads getting dry). I will let everyone know of the outcome of the search when I find out which will probably be Monday.

Continued prayers for Roger and family today, and hopes that today's search leads you to Roger.

Police seek help finding missing man

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Police...100632444.html

by Frank Mungeam, KGW.com
    kgw.com
    Posted on August 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM

DALLAS, Ore. -- Sheriff's Deputies in Polk County asking for help from the public to locate a man who’s been missing for months.

Stevens is still missing

http://www.itemizerobserver.com/arch...-still-missing

August 17, 2010

POLK COUNTY -- The Polk County Sheriff's Office is continuing its search for a missing person and is asking for the public's assistance.

Officials: autopsy planned on body found in Polk County field

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/arti...7039/-1/update

Stacey Barchenger • Statesman Journal • September 17, 2010

Investigators are still working to identify a body found in a field off Highway 22 in Polk County on Thursday.

Sheriff’s officials expect to identify the body after an autopsy is conducted.
    The body may be that of a man reported missing in April, officials said.
    The Polk County Sheriff's Office issued a call to the public to help find Roger David Stevens in June.

Dear All,
    Roger has been found as you can see in the above message. Unfortunately not the results we were hoping for. I want to thank everyone for the prayers. My prayers will continue for those who have not been found. Thank you for being here.

Quote Originally Posted by lecstevens View Post
    Dear All,
    Roger has been found as you can see in the above message. Unfortunately not the results we were hoping for. I want to thank everyone for the prayers. My prayers will continue for those who have not been found. Thank you for being here.
    I'm so very sorry, lecstevens. Roger's family will be in my prayers.

M2S
    Anything I post (other than a quote) is simply my own opinion.

My heart goes out to his family.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast