1206 users online (229 members and 977 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Locals post your pictures here

This is a thread where local posters can post pictures of the areas of search or just pictures of the area. It is always wonderful to get to know the area we are talking about in threads. It gives us a better perspective of what the local posters and media are referring to.

Here are the instructions for posting.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/faq...b3_attachments

I am sorry I am so dumb! I just saw this and wondered why pictures of the local posters were wanted. lol

I'm just going to put a link..
    I added 3 photos from yesterday, Bus area on Sauvie Island, View of Bridge from Sauvie Island and view of valley looking towards school on McNamee Rd..

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/KYRON/

Thank you, locals, for going to the trouble to post pics for the rest of us.

abbie

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

Sauvie Island Pictures

These are not the greatest pictures. My 11 year old daughter was with me and she was hungry and whining. Plus, the roads are narrow and there are almost no places to stop to take pictures. The land is very flat so you can't really get up high anywhere to get a big picture. Just wanted people to get an idea of what the place looks like. I will go back some time this week and get some more, better photos. Maybe of Sturgeon Lake and all the roadside thick growth/swampy areas.

http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/y...uvie%20Island/

Gwenabob, those are great photos! =)
    And yes you are correct, it is very hard to stop and take pictures on the Island and up near the school due to no places to pull over..

Great photos Gwenabob, thanks.

I wanna houseboat!

Thanks, guys. It was a tough assignment. The thing I want to really stress is that this is a HUGE place. The grass is tall everywhere. It was NOT crowded at all today, on a Saturday. I imagine it was nearly deserted on a Friday morning, on a school day. The roads are windy and have no shoulder in most places. If a little kid were to be dumped, it would take only 40 seconds to stop, throw it off the side of the road into a swampy, thick growth spot, and no one would see him unless they were specifically searching. The searcher have a daunting task scouring that island. Lots of small, private roads that could be used for dumping, lots of watery spots. So, so sad. They really need to just walk the roads with cadaver dogs. I only hope he wasn't stuffed into a suitcase or something!

Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    Thanks, guys. It was a tough assignment. The thing I want to really stress is that this is a HUGE place. The grass is tall everywhere. It was NOT crowded at all today, on a Saturday. I imagine it was nearly deserted on a Friday morning, on a school day. The roads are windy and have no shoulder in most places. If a little kid were to be dumped, it would take only 40 seconds to stop, throw it off the side of the road into a swampy, thick growth spot, and no one would see him unless they were specifically searching. The searcher have a daunting task scouring that island. Lots of small, private roads that could be used for dumping, lots of watery spots. So, so sad. They really need to just walk the roads with cadaver dogs. I only hope he wasn't stuffed into a suitcase or something!
    LOL And I bet if you had dangled your toes in the water of Sturgeon Lake you would have plants encircling your feet {like in Minnesota ;} YUK

It is an odd name for that lake as I thought Sturgeon liked deeper water like Lake Oswego. Must be some history there for something besides Indians and strawberries. Whoops, forgot the nudies. lol

Thanks Gwenabob, If you go again could you get a shot of the area adjoining the gym? Ta

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Thanks Gwenabob, If you go again could you get a shot of the area adjoining the gym? Ta
    Are you asking about the gym where they work out? If so, and if it's the one I think it is, I more or less live down the road from it. Do you have a specific question/idea?

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    I could, but the gym isn't really near Sauvie Island. You might check with freefallzzzz who did the photos in the link below. She might know where it is better than me. I live on the east side and don't really know the roads on the west side that well. It is easy getting to the island, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzedek View Post
    Are you asking about the gym where they work out? If so, and if it's the one I think it is, I more or less live down the road from it. Do you have a specific question/idea?
    Hi there Tzedek, It is on SI, right? I'm thinking it might be a comfort zone for someone used to being there. People in trouble often work within their comfort zone as we know.

I don't think this was a single perp situation and am thinking there might be some contact on SI possibly connected to that gym. Someone to help in disposal that knows the island so well it will be a Godsend if found.

Now I've really wondered why they have focused so heavily on the M Channel. They must have had a tip in that direction. It hasn't panned out.

I wonder if that neck of the woods on SI in the vicinity or close by the gym has any place that would be very difficult from which one could recover a body. xox

I could, but the gym isn't really near Sauvie Island. You might check with freefallzzzz who did the photos in the link below. She might know where it is better than me. I live on the east side and don't really know the roads on the west side that well. It is easy getting to the island, however.

Oh, I'm mistaken then as I thought I saw the gym marked on a SI map. My bad and thanks. xox

Just wanted to add my THANK YOU to the locals for taking the time to go take pics for the rest of us....not having ever been to Portland, or the west coast for that matter, seeing these pics really helps to picture what's going on as we follow the case (it looks like a beautiful area, I'd love to visit). So please know your time and effort is MUCH appreciated!!!
    Anything I post (other than a quote) is simply my own opinion.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast