Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NY - Patrick Alford, 7-year-old "runaway", Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #2

Just thinking about Patrick today. I had a dream about him last night. Well, mostly I was just wandering around Brooklyn looking for him. But I couldn't find him. Made me very upset, and I'm still thinking about him today. Come home soon, little buddy. We're all waiting and hoping. Wishing there was something more we could do.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Random thought... If nobody else saw Patrick when he was taking out the trash or leaving the building, why do I get the feeling that LE has more or less just taken foster mom's word that he ran off ? Everybody in that household plus their friends and relatives should be closely scrutinized. We know that mom took a polygraph, any idea if the foster parents were tested ? I'm not saying that they did anything, but someone they know definitely could have.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
    Random thought... If nobody else saw Patrick when he was taking out the trash or leaving the building, why do I get the feeling that LE has more or less just taken foster mom's word that he ran off ? Everybody in that household plus their friends and relatives should be closely scrutinized. We know that mom took a polygraph, any idea if the foster parents were tested ? I'm not saying that they did anything, but someone they know definitely could have.
    I don't know this for certain, but I do suspect that they have surveillance footage of Patrick leaving the building. They have said that they have footage of foster-mom searching for him. So they must also have footage of Patrick. If they did not have some proof of him leaving the building, I'm sure we would hear about it. And the focus would be elsewhere. I don't think they would just take her word for it if they didn't see him anywhere on any surveillance. Of course, anything is possible.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Prayers that Patrick gets to come home soon.

Salem

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 07-14-2010 at 11:44 PM.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Idaho I want to thank you for the dedication to this sweet boy, I check here often as I have it marked as a favorite. I wish there was more that we could do, but nothing is being released at all. I wonder if LE is still searching for him, maybe we should start a letter writing campaign to the mayor, news stations and LE in this case.
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to butterfly1978 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly1978 View Post
    Idaho I want to thank you for the dedication to this sweet boy, I check here often as I have it marked as a favorite. I wish there was more that we could do, but nothing is being released at all. I wonder if LE is still searching for him, maybe we should start a letter writing campaign to the mayor, news stations and LE in this case.
    I too want to add my thanks to Idaho and to you too butterfly. Patrick is one I keep coming back to also. Like the break on Lindsey, I am hoping a break for Patrick is coming soon.
    Only my own opinion!!

Me and my team

Lindsey Baum 13 yrs old missing in WA 6/26/2009.

Patrick Alford 7 yrs. old missing in NY 1/22/2010.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cocolafay For This Useful Post:

No news on Patrick in 2 months. He is SEVEN years old! The same age as little Kyron. Yet nothing.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Living in Brooklyn and knowing the area it is very possible for a child to wander out on his own. This neighborhood has huge apartment buildings throughout.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chewy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    No news on Patrick in 2 months. He is SEVEN years old! The same age as little Kyron. Yet nothing.
    I4G, I know that others have recently thanked you for your dedication to this case, but I want to add my personal thanks as well. While I didn't join WS until well after Patrick disappeared, it is your perserverance and focus on this case that has brought me to catch up on it now.

Why is it that our society pays more attention to kids in apparently 'happy, normal' families? Doesn't every child deserve a chance in life? Shouldn't we be equally concerned for a missing child that already has faced significant challenges in life?

Where are you Patrick? All we want is for you to be safe and loved.
    Last edited by Snoopster; 07-18-2010 at 08:17 PM.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Snoopster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cocolafay View Post
    I too want to add my thanks to Idaho and to you too butterfly. Patrick is one I keep coming back to also. Like the break on Lindsey, I am hoping a break for Patrick is coming soon.

Snoopster: You definitely should have been on my list of those I thanked for keeping Patrlck's name on everyone's mind. He really stole my heart! 9Athough I, like you, joined quite a while after Patrick went missing also.) I'm hoping for a miracle.
    Only my own opinion!!

Me and my team

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cocolafay For This Useful Post:

Holding out hope for missing Island boy, Patrick Alford

http://blog.silive.com/around_the_bl...ck_alford.html

Published: Monday, July 19, 2010, 1:35 AM
    Updated: Monday, July 19, 2010, 7:26 AM
    Jeff Harrell

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- He should be doing what most little 8-year-old boys are doing this summer.

Playing ball. Swimming. Video games with buddies. Chasing down the ice cream truck.

Anything but missing.

It’s been nearly six months since Patrick Alford vanished into thin air, and only God and — whoever has him if he’s still alive — are left to fill in the blanks.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Holding out hope for missing Staten Island boy, Patrick Alford

He should be doing what most little 8-year-old boys are doing this summer.

Playing ball. Swimming. Video games with buddies. Chasing down the ice cream truck.

Anything but missing.

It’s been nearly six months since Patrick Alford vanished into thin air, and only God and — whoever has him if he’s still alive — are left to fill in the blanks.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Some more snips from the link above.

But as easy as it is to sit back and blame a mother we don’t know, a judge we can’t overrule, or an agency we can’t understand, laying blame now is pointless because there’s a little boy who is still nowhere to be found.

[snip]

Where is the little boy with the wide, toothy grin who bounced with a fresh energy and fed off as much food as his grandma could put on the dinner plate?

Swimming? Thumbing a new video game? Charming a few extra sprinkles out of Mr. Softee? Tucked away with family somewhere else, as some detectives still believe?

Or, is Patrick a pile of remains identified only by teeth lying in a place nobody has looked yet?

“He’s still alive,” aunt Brenda Ortiz says. “I believe he wants to come home.”

God help us all if he can’t.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

It is heartbreaking isn't it? I am just not so sure he is with family.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

Very heartbreaking, RubyRed. I came across the article while at work and had to stop reading it. Just wasn't the day to start bawling at work. Still holding out hope that Patrick can come home soon and have a "normal" summer.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I keep coming back hoping to see that someone in NY is doing something or hearing something that will help bring Patrick home. And I'll keep coming back. Patrick, you're still in our thoughts and prayers!
    Only my own opinion!!

Me and my team

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cocolafay For This Useful Post:

Patrick's been missing 6 months today. Idaho posted an article from the Staten Island Live (I've only been a WS member for about 6 weels and don't know how to snip or link). Idaho has all that a few posts above 7/19/2010. Just as the story says,: We're still holding out hope!!!!!!

Let's all say a prayer for Patrick today.
    Only my own opinion!!

Me and my team

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cocolafay For This Useful Post:

6 months.

Still waiting and hoping for you, Patrick.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

You'd think the local media would have at least mentioned *anything* about Patrick today. But I can't find a thing.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

But as easy as it is to sit back and blame a mother we don’t know, a judge we can’t overrule, or an agency we can’t understand, laying blame now is pointless because there’s a little boy who is still nowhere to be found.

Police twice searched a wooded area around Howard Beach near Spring Creek where dogs once picked up a trace of Patrick’s scent. Nothing.

Where’s Patrick?” is not a question now. It’s a neon sign.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

So it's 6 months and a few day since Patrick went missing. I pray that his guardian angel is with him and that another angel for Patrick is working with LE to guide them in the right direction to find Patrick and send him back to those who love him.
    Only my own opinion!!

Me and my team

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cocolafay For This Useful Post:

Patrick has been added to the Charley Project, marking his being missing for 6 months.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...d_patrick.html

46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I know this sounds stupid I4G but I would wish we knew where the orginating country (or if PR) the Mother's family moved from to NYC.

I wonder if they still have ties there? Could Patrick have been taken there?

I know it's a long shot but it gives me a bit of hope to wonder.

48. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

I haven't checked in on Patrick in awhile
    disappointing that he's not home yet

where can he be????????

50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast