Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 580

Thread: OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #4

  1. #251
    Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    "BankAmerica continued to operate its new subsidiary as Seafirst rather than Bank of America until the 1998 merger with NationsBank."

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_America
    I SO now want the serial #'s from that money, lol.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  3. #252
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Midway between Austerlitz & Ghent
    Posts
    22,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    I'm totally with you, wfgodot.
    But how do we know that amount of money was there? Don't want to include it in facts unless we actually know, kwim?
    If we fail to acknowledge published accounts based - evidently - on interviews with public officials, chaos reigns. (Which, yes, it does, anyway, in this case!)

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  5. #253
    Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,231
    A truck was found on a mountain in Latimer County OK, without the person to whom it was registered inside of it.

    - The truck was registered to Bobby Jamison.

    - Bobby Jamison suffered from a debilitating back injury

    - Bobby Jamison was on prescription pain medication

    - Bobby Jamison was married to Sherilyn Jamison, who is also missing

    - Madyson Jamison was Sherilyn and Bobby Jamison's daughter. She is also missing

    - A dog was found in the vehicle registered to Bobby Jamison

    - A cell phone, a wallet, a purse, and $32,000 in cash was found in the vehicle.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  7. #254
    Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,231
    I'm going to contact the Ok dept of treasurer to see about the serial numbers. I think that's the place to go anyway....

    Oklahoma State Treasurer
    Unclaimed Property Division
    4545 N. Lincoln Blvd., Ste. 106
    Oklahoma City , OK 73105-3413
    (405) 521-4273

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  9. #255
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Midway between Austerlitz & Ghent
    Posts
    22,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    A truck was found on a mountain in Latimer County OK, without the person to whom it was registered inside of it.

    - The truck was registered to Bobby Jamison.

    - Bobby Jamison suffered from a debilitating back injury

    - Bobby Jamison was on prescription pain medication

    - Bobby Jamison was married to Sherilyn Jamison, who is also missing

    - Madyson Jamison was Sherilyn and Bobby Jamison's daughter. She is also missing

    - A dog was found in the vehicle registered to Bobby Jamison

    - A cell phone, a wallet, a purse, and $32,000 in cash was found in the vehicle.
    Well, unless there was actually $64,000, the amount of Bobby's settlement, half of it in another receptacle, and first responders of one sort or another took the briefcase that's missing! (lol)

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  11. #256
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,081
    From what I understand, feel free not to list it as a fact....Bobby had lots of bank bags from when he ran the landscape business/ tree farm. A couple months before they went missing, Bobby had went to Stars house and got the money out of her safe (he kept it there for safe keeping). IIRC there was more like $64,000. Bobby had said that him and Sherilyn were going to get a divorce and he was giving her $32,000 (her half). I think that is why the $32,000 was found in the truck. That was Bobby's half of the money and he had it well hid, so Sherilyn wouldn't find it and spend it. There are a couple of theories of where the $$ came from. The Sheriff said there was a reciept in the truck from SSA accounting for the large amount. But Star said the money came from a accident settlement. I have to believe the sheriff on this one. I am thinking back pay from his disability.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:


  13. #257
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,081
    Wouldn't LE have been able to use a drug dog to tell if there had been illegal drugs in the vehicle?

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:


  15. #258
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,081
    Another fact:

    Madyson Jamison was the heir to her grandfathers estate.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:


  17. #259
    Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    From what I understand, feel free not to list it as a fact....Bobby had lots of bank bags from when he ran the landscape business/ tree farm. A couple months before they went missing, Bobby had went to Stars house and got the money out of her safe (he kept it there for safe keeping). IIRC there was more like $64,000. Bobby had said that him and Sherilyn were going to get a divorce and he was giving her $32,000 (her half). I think that is why the $32,000 was found in the truck. That was Bobby's half of the money and he had it well hid, so Sherilyn wouldn't find it and spend it. There are a couple of theories of where the $$ came from. The Sheriff said there was a reciept in the truck from SSA accounting for the large amount. But Star said the money came from a accident settlement. I have to believe the sheriff on this one. I am thinking back pay from his disability.
    Oiy... totally not disagreeing here. I get this.

    But the money in the truck was not handled a lot. And SSA...they don't really pay out those kind of payments unless its a settlement...do they? I don't know.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  19. #260
    Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    Wouldn't LE have been able to use a drug dog to tell if there had been illegal drugs in the vehicle?
    Did they have a narc dog out there when the vehicle was searched?

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  21. #261
    Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,231
    - The truck was registered to Bobby Jamison.

    - Bobby Jamison suffered from a debilitating back injury

    - Bobby Jamison was on prescription pain medication

    - Bobby Jamison was married to Sherilyn Jamison, who is also missing

    - Madyson Jamison was Sherilyn and Bobby Jamison's daughter. She is also missing

    - A dog was found in the vehicle registered to Bobby Jamison

    - A cell phone, a wallet, a purse, and (approximately) $32,000 in cash was found in the vehicle.

    - Madyson Jamison was the heir to her grandfathers estate.
    Last edited by Oriah; 09-26-2010 at 09:10 PM.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  23. #262
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Oiy... totally not disagreeing here. I get this.

    But the money in the truck was not handled a lot. And SSA...they don't really pay out those kind of payments unless its a settlement...do they? I don't know.
    SSA pays in installments.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:


  25. #263
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,063
    So is it possible that we should be looking for Sherilyn and Madyson and when they are found, Bobby will be found?

    The divorce comment is rumor right?

    Salem

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:


  27. #264
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    I assumed it was the adults also, and yes the FBI has the tape (although I think it was the sheriff who first viewed it, and then made that comment.)
    If Madyson was on there and exhibiting the same type of behavior....what do you make of that?

    Madyson's hair- pictures show her getting it dyed as if it were for fun. But the timing seems odd to me.

    It wouldn't be hard to tell a 6 year old she was going to have a makeover, but withhold the actual reason for it, you know?

    I had been under the impression that the video camera(s) were exterior survellance cameras. I truly do not know what to make of the descriptions of their walking and staring. I am mindful that LE has stated that there is nothing to indicate that they either used or dealt drugs.

    I agree, dying Madyson's hair a different color just before the family vanished does seem suspicious. Did Madyson ever have her hair colored before ?

    Wow, this is a very strange and convoluted case... I plan on going back to the beginning and reading it again....

    All JMO

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:


  29. #265
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Oiy... totally not disagreeing here. I get this.

    But the money in the truck was not handled a lot. And SSA...they don't really pay out those kind of payments unless its a settlement...do they? I don't know.
    Just jumping in here....I really just read and follow along in this case....so, if I'm posting something irrelevant, please ignore!

    I'm a former SSA Claims Adjustor. While SSA does generally pay in monthly installment payments, there is almost always a lump sum payment when it comes to disability awards. SSA will pay you monthly disability payments starting on the date you are approved for those payments. BUT the date you applied for disability is your eligibility date....and if the judge determines you were disabled from that point, SSA would owe you back to that date and WOULD indeed pay you in a lump sum check.
    Lump Sum checks can be anywhere from $500 to $150,000....depending on how long it took for the courts to approve your claim.
    Outside of lump sum disability payouts or suing and winning a case against SSA, there is no other reason SSA would award that kind of money.

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:


  31. #266
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh (of course)
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    I believe this was Sheriff Beauchamp's observation.

    The entire Oklahoman article was unusual for an open case in that it contributed much to the notion that the Jamisons were decidedly unbalanced before they went missing.
    OK, I'll bite. What was he "observing"??

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to pittsburghgirl For This Useful Post:


  33. #267
    Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    So is it possible that we should be looking for Sherilyn and Madyson and when they are found, Bobby will be found?

    The divorce comment is rumor right?

    Salem
    Yes. Or maybe the other way around?
    And yes, rumor. Can't find where anything was filed, anyway.

  34. #268
    Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    I had been under the impression that the video camera(s) were exterior survellance cameras. I truly do not know what to make of the descriptions of their walking and staring. I am mindful that LE has stated that there is nothing to indicate that they either used or dealt drugs.

    I agree, dying Madyson's hair a different color just before the family vanished does seem suspicious. Did Madyson ever have her hair colored before ?

    Wow, this is a very strange and convoluted case... I plan on going back to the beginning and reading it again....

    All JMO
    Isn't it though??
    The walking and staring observation was made by the sheriff...but the surveillance video hasn't been released so I'm not sure we can give that statement any credit, you know?

    I thought at first it was exterior as well, like a home security system (that's what early reports described it as) but now I'm not sure because... the brown bag that the FBI said early on might contain money and that Sherilyn was seen bringing from the house to the truck...?! I don't know. So the video is from the interior as well as the exterior of the home? And while I'm speculating on that....what made the FBI 'think' there might be money in that brown bag that was never found anyway??
    Last edited by Oriah; 09-27-2010 at 09:45 AM.

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  36. #269
    Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    OK, I'll bite. What was he "observing"??
    It seems he was observing the Jamison's behaving in some sort of 'altered' state- either under the influence of drugs, or under the influence of some sort of psychosis.

    But has anyone ever watched a home surveillance type video? They can be of really poor quality- very jerky with a lot of time lapses.

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  38. #270
    Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by krista View Post
    Just jumping in here....I really just read and follow along in this case....so, if I'm posting something irrelevant, please ignore!

    I'm a former SSA Claims Adjustor. While SSA does generally pay in monthly installment payments, there is almost always a lump sum payment when it comes to disability awards. SSA will pay you monthly disability payments starting on the date you are approved for those payments. BUT the date you applied for disability is your eligibility date....and if the judge determines you were disabled from that point, SSA would owe you back to that date and WOULD indeed pay you in a lump sum check.
    Lump Sum checks can be anywhere from $500 to $150,000....depending on how long it took for the courts to approve your claim.
    Outside of lump sum disability payouts or suing and winning a case against SSA, there is no other reason SSA would award that kind of money.
    Thank you very much for that clarification.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  40. #271
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Midway between Austerlitz & Ghent
    Posts
    22,733
    Here's another snippet from the infamous 02 May 2010 Sunday Oklahoman article referenced above:
    ---
    Connie Kokotan, Sherilyn Jamison’s mother, now wonders about a comment Bobby made last summer.

    "They were having financial trouble,” said Kokotan, 59, of Midwest City. "Bobby told Sherilyn, ‘I know where I can get the money, but I won’t involve you.’ But if they were involved in drugs, I never saw any.”

    Kokotan lived with the family between March and June last year. She described her daughter as bipolar, and said Bobby Jamison lived with back pain from an automobile wreck in 2003.

    "Sherilyn was a very strong-willed person, but I saw her change dramatically,” Kokotan said. "She became very illogical. One day she drove me to Oklahoma City and dropped me off on the street. She told me to, ‘Get ... out of my car.’ So I did.”
    ---

  41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  42. #272
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,526
    To speculate - In your opinion, are you leaning towards:

    1) Alive: Bobby, Sherilyn, Madyson

    2)Alive: Bobby
    Deceased: Sherilyn, Madyson

    3) Alive: Sherilyn, Madyson
    Deceased: Bobby

    4) Alive: Bobby, Madyson
    Deceased: Sherilyn

    5) Alive: Sherilyn
    Deceased: Bobby, Madyson

    6) Deceased: Bobby, Sherilyn, Madyson

  43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thumbtack For This Useful Post:


  44. #273
    Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,231
    Alive: Madyson

  45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  46. #274
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Midway between Austerlitz & Ghent
    Posts
    22,733
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbtack View Post
    To speculate - In your opinion, are you leaning towards:

    1) Alive: Bobby, Sherilyn, Madyson

    2)Alive: Bobby
    Deceased: Sherilyn, Madyson

    3) Alive: Sherilyn, Madyson
    Deceased: Bobby

    4) Alive: Bobby, Madyson
    Deceased: Sherilyn

    5) Alive: Sherilyn
    Deceased: Bobby, Madyson

    6) Deceased: Bobby, Sherilyn, Madyson
    Okay, since I've been the primary (sole?) exponent of the "vanished of their own accord" theory on here for what seems like donkey's years, I'll let my money ride on that thought and vote....

    #1

    although #3 is a more interesting choice, and the "one survivor" items probably are more logical if, in fact, there are survivors.

    As always, let me add a definite "or not, or not!" to my theorizing. "Drug deal gone bad," my first thought on the matter, is still in the mix.

  47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  48. #275
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,526
    7) Alive: Madyson
    Deceased: Bobby, Sherilyn

    Oriah, is that what you're leaning towards?

  49. The Following User Says Thank You to thumbtack For This Useful Post:


Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #8
    By Cubby in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 541
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 04:09 PM
  2. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #7
    By Cubby in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 580
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 03:34 PM
  3. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #5
    By Salem in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 644
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 09:01 PM
  4. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #2
    By imamaze in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 720
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 02:07 PM
  5. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1
    By SuziQ in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 604
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 09:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •