Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 580

Thread: OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #4

  1. #326
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    22,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Oklahoma continues to make me scratch my head also. But I think there might be a whole 'nother thread on here somewhere that addresses that.

    Thanks for that info. I thought to look up vets, but not animal control!
    Oklahoma indeed is a head-scratcher, especially if one lives in its mind-boggling confines and sees this stuff play out daily. I think I've developed dandruff over the years.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  3. #327
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,204
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Oklahoma indeed is a head-scratcher, especially if one lives in its mind-boggling confines and sees this stuff play out daily. I think I've developed dandruff over the years.

    And totally O/T but of course you knew Oklahoma is where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain... the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain!
    And Oklahoma... every night, my honey lamb and I
    sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
    makin' lazy circles in the sky!

    Oh, Oklahoma.

    Just tell me where the Jamison's are.

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  5. #328
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    22,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post

    And totally O/T but of course you knew Oklahoma is where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain... the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain!
    And Oklahoma... every night, my honey lamb and I
    sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
    makin' lazy circles in the sky!

    Oh, Oklahoma.

    Just tell me where the Jamison's are.
    Oklahoma...O-K! (as opposed to quite good, great, sterling, excellent beyond compare, etc. etc.)

    I'm still trying to figure out where the dog was during the alleged several days it wasn't in the truck ripping open bags of chips.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  7. #329
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,204
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Oklahoma...O-K! (as opposed to quite good, great, sterling, excellent beyond compare, etc. etc.)

    I'm still trying to figure out where the dog was during the alleged several days it wasn't in the truck ripping open bags of chips.
    I'm still trying to figure out why the dog didn't rip open the bag of chips period, lol.

    She might have the best new diet-idea known to man.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  9. #330
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    22,423
    We're hard upon the first anniversary of the Jamisons having last been reported seen (08 October 2009), and nowhere notably nearer a solution to the mystery.

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  11. #331
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,204
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    We're hard upon the first anniversary of the Jamisons having last been reported seen (08 October 2009), and nowhere notably nearer a solution to the mystery.
    We're somewhere closer, because now we're wondering about the dog!

    I'm hoping the anniversary brings about renewed interest in the Jamison's case.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  13. #332
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    22,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    We're somewhere closer, because now we're wondering about the dog!

    I'm hoping the anniversary brings about renewed interest in the Jamison's case.
    That dog. Oh, that dog. That dog was wandering disconsolately around the body disposal site (CONJECTURE!) and drinking groundwater and chewing on grass to survive - until; UNTIL! (conjecture!) the perps thought it wiser to lock it in the abandoned vehicle some distance away to stop the inconvenience of questions being raised (CONJECTURE!).

    Anniversary-wise, state-wide, the Daily Oklahoman (a.k.a. the Daily Disppointment; newsok.com) will run something, and the Tulsa World might. Prepare to be underwhelmed; the Oklahoman won't top its last effort, though it's debatable whether that "batty people" article helped matters at all.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  15. #333
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,649
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    That dog. Oh, that dog. That dog was wandering disconsolately around the body disposal site (CONJECTURE!) and drinking groundwater and chewing on grass to survive - until; UNTIL! (conjecture!) the perps thought it wiser to lock it in the abandoned vehicle some distance away to stop the inconvenience of questions being raised (CONJECTURE!).

    Anniversary-wise, state-wide, the Daily Oklahoman (a.k.a. the Daily Disppointment; newsok.com) will run something, and the Tulsa World might. Prepare to be underwhelmed; the Oklahoman won't top its last effort, though it's debatable whether that "batty people" article helped matters at all.
    I think the article hurt, more than helped, the Jamison family.

    I think it's hunting season in Oklahoma now. I just hope one of them will stumble upon something in those hills!

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:


  17. #334
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    22,423
    Quote Originally Posted by little726 View Post
    I think the article hurt, more than helped, the Jamison family.

    I think it's hunting season in Oklahoma now. I just hope one of them will stumble upon something in those hills!
    I know what you mean; I certainly go back and forth on that article issue. On the one hand, obviously it made the pair look as if they'd crossed a certain line and may have dampened the public's ability to care; on the other, it's hard to say that one should not point out the "spray-paint-wielding spirit-spotters stopping and staring as if in a trance" factor.

    Deer season for archers started October 1st; for muzzleloaders, it's October 23-31st; for guns, it will be November 20-December 5th.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  19. #335
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,204
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    That dog. Oh, that dog. That dog was wandering disconsolately around the body disposal site (CONJECTURE!) and drinking groundwater and chewing on grass to survive - until; UNTIL! (conjecture!) the perps thought it wiser to lock it in the abandoned vehicle some distance away to stop the inconvenience of questions being raised (CONJECTURE!).

    Anniversary-wise, state-wide, the Daily Oklahoman (a.k.a. the Daily Disppointment; newsok.com) will run something, and the Tulsa World might. Prepare to be underwhelmed; the Oklahoman won't top its last effort, though it's debatable whether that "batty people" article helped matters at all.
    CONJECTURE: Perhaps the dog was truly in the vehicle for the time denoted; survived said period of time because it went on a hunger strike, and then...miraculously recovered from hunger strike?

    Gimme some proof of the dog and the dog's condition at the time, is all I'm saying.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  21. #336
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    I know what you mean; I certainly go back and forth on that article issue. On the one hand, obviously it made the pair look as if they'd crossed a certain line and may have dampened the public's ability to care; on the other, it's hard to say that one should not point out the "spray-paint-wielding spirit-spotters stopping and staring as if in a trance" factor.

    Deer season for archers started October 1st; for muzzleloaders, it's October 23-31st; for guns, it will be November 20-December 5th.

    Do we know that the Jamisons spray painted the old truck? When was the painting on the truck first noticed? I thought it had been painted for a long time before this happened. I guess I'm thinking why would someone paint up a truck if they were trying to get out of Dodge? Why would they have been spotted up there two days in a row if they were trying to skip out?

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to watcher9 For This Useful Post:


  23. #337
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    22,423
    Quote Originally Posted by watcher9 View Post
    Do we know that the Jamisons spray painted the old truck? When was the painting on the truck first noticed? I thought it had been painted for a long time before this happened. I guess I'm thinking why would someone paint up a truck if they were trying to get out of Dodge? Why would they have been spotted up there two days in a row if they were trying to skip out?
    Not sure about the truck. I was referring to this paragraph from the 02 May Oklahoman article:

    "Graffiti on a massive storage container outside their home also prompted questions. One message reads: "3 cats killed to date buy people in this area … Witches don’t like there black cat killed.” Beauchamp said the family planned to live in the container once they acquired mountain property."

    If we accept the Oklahoman version of events prior to their disappearing, I'd say that logic was not a prime factor in subsequent actions the Jamisons may have taken.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  25. #338
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    22,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    CONJECTURE: Perhaps the dog was truly in the vehicle for the time denoted; survived said period of time because it went on a hunger strike, and then...miraculously recovered from hunger strike?

    Gimme some proof of the dog and the dog's condition at the time, is all I'm saying.
    All I can say is, the dog's name is Maizy!

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  27. #339
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    2,662
    Thanks, I must have missed that article. I agree there is no logic in this whole case.
    All this time talking about the spray paint and messages, I was thinking it was on the old wrecked truck up on the mountain, not on a container at their home.
    My bad.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to watcher9 For This Useful Post:


  29. #340
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,204
    Quote Originally Posted by watcher9 View Post
    Do we know that the Jamisons spray painted the old truck? When was the painting on the truck first noticed? I thought it had been painted for a long time before this happened. I guess I'm thinking why would someone paint up a truck if they were trying to get out of Dodge? Why would they have been spotted up there two days in a row if they were trying to skip out?
    I think we definately do NOT know whether or not the Jamison's spray-painted the abandoned truck. We DO know that they had an affinity for spray painting things- and the truck and the container spray-painting seems similar to me. The truck had been been painted, and then repainted- as had the container.

    Did anyone date the paint? I'm not sure, but.... don't think so. Not sure there is a way to do that at this point.
    But I'm off to look into it!

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  31. #341
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,285
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    Well this might kida clear things up. Apparently there is no animal control in latimer county. Good to know. I thought all counties had animal control. Guess not. At this point Oklahoma continues to make me scratch my head.
    What? Well where do there homeless animals go ? Or then ones police have to take because of crimes or dog bites or rabies ? Somebody in that damn place handles those issues even if they are a shared dept of some other sort or dual county.
    I meant to call today and check into animal laws because the interent was turning up very little except they will take your dog if it isnt secure to you property .


    This guy might be able to find out who handles those issues in oklahoma and what the proper method of giving ones dog away to someone else might be.

    OKLAHOMA
    Oklahoma Animal Control Association
    Robert Sands, President
    P.O. Box 646
    Stillwater, OK 74076-0646
    580-761-0130
    Last edited by Soulmagent; 10-05-2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: add.

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:


  33. #342
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Confusion, Canada
    Posts
    8,290
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Oklahoma...O-K! (as opposed to quite good, great, sterling, excellent beyond compare, etc. etc.)

    I'm still trying to figure out where the dog was during the alleged several days it wasn't in the truck ripping open bags of chips.
    I suspect the pup wouldn't have smelled the chips inside airtight foil packaging. I'll try a little test this week to see if my dogs (incorrigble food addicts who will even eat week-old greasy napkins from McDs) will rip into an unopened bag of chips and let you know.

  34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:


  35. #343
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    22,423
    Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    I suspect the pup wouldn't have smelled the chips inside airtight foil packaging. I'll try a little test this week to see if my dogs (incorrigble food addicts who will even eat week-old greasy napkins from McDs) will rip into an unopened bag of chips and let you know.
    Good idea. Wondered about this. Dogs, though, are supposed to have senses of smell roughly, what, 10,000 times (exaggeration) stronger than our own. My dog, as a pup, would, just on general principles, attempt to eat through about anything (viz., gnawing on wooden futon) to find the sustenance therein. Were the snacks in the truck indeed unopened and factory sealed?

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  37. #344
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,649
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Good idea. Wondered about this. Dogs, though, are supposed to have senses of smell roughly, what, 10,000 times (exaggeration) stronger than our own. My dog, as a pup, would, just on general principles, attempt to eat through about anything (viz., gnawing on wooden futon) to find the sustenance therein. Were the snacks in the truck indeed unopened and factory sealed?

    Wfgodot, I heard the other day that a dog's sense of smell is 6,000 times better than a humans. But you know, there are times I can not open a bag of chips without scissors.

    I still think Maizy was in the truck the whole time.

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:


  39. #345
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,649
    There is going to be a vigil for the missing Jamison family, this Friday. I do hope LE will be there and give an update.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/FIND-T...24182170931194

  40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:


  41. #346
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    22,423
    Quote Originally Posted by little726 View Post
    Wfgodot, I heard the other day that a dog's sense of smell is 6,000 times better than a humans. But you know, there are times I can not open a bag of chips without scissors.

    I still think Maizy was in the truck the whole time.
    Me too on the chips and scissors. I occasionally will try to hack through with a knife (bad idea) if I can't find my scissors.

  42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  43. #347
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,204
    I'm with you on the 'bad-idea-to-use-a knife-to-open-a bag-of-chips'. Opening any kind of plastic packaging with a knife seems like it never ends well.

    But let's say the bag was already open, and partially eaten. And then whatever human was eating from this bag didn't have one of those clip-y things to tighten it up with- you'd just roll the top up, right? I would. So no scent isolation there, or even the need for a dogs' better nose.

    If you were a very, very, very hungry dog...would you be able to resist an open bag of food?

    Maybe this dog is smell-challenged? (Not trying to be funny, there. Seriously thinking about that now.)

    And sillybilly: I did test this theory on my own. Didn't fly, and chips were eaten LOL. Please let me know how your test run goes.
    Last edited by Oriah; 10-06-2010 at 11:28 AM.

  44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  45. #348
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    22,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    I'm with you on the 'bad-idea-to-use-a knife-to-open-a bag-of-chips'. Opening any kind of plastic packaging with a knife seems like it never ends well.

    But let's say the bag was already open, and partially eaten. And then whatever human was eating from this bag didn't have one of those clip-y things to tighten it up with- you'd just roll the top up, right? I would. So no scent isolation there, or even the need for a dogs' better nose.

    If you were a very, very, very hungry dog...would you be able to resist an open bag of food?

    Maybe this dog is smell-challenged? (Not trying to be funny, there. Seriously thinking about that now.)

    And sillybilly: I did test this theory on my own. Didn't fly, and chips were eaten LOL. Please let me know how your test run goes.
    I think I want that first paragraph on my tombstone: "Bad idea to open plastic packaging with a knife / wfgodot 1954-2010 / Bled to death after sustaining severe gash during frenzied attempt at opening Fig Newtons."

    If the chips were open and the dog didn't have a go at them, then the dog had not been in the truck for any length of time (CONJECTURE!).

    My dog is ignoring my own experiment to see if he'll attempt to open a dollar store bag of chips; currently sleeping in sunshine instead. Perhaps miffed at inexpensive nature of chips in experiment.

  46. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  47. #349
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,204
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    I think I want that first paragraph on my tombstone: "Bad idea to open plastic packaging with a knife / wfgodot 1954-2010 / Bled to death after sustaining severe gash during frenzied attempt at opening Fig Newtons."

    If the chips were open and the dog didn't have a go at them, then the dog had not been in the truck for any length of time (CONJECTURE!).

    My dog is ignoring my own experiment to see if he'll attempt to open a dollar store bag of chips; currently sleeping in sunshine instead. Perhaps miffed at inexpensive nature of chips in experiment.
    Perhaps miffed; but check your dog to be sure he is breathing, because otherwise he will not resist chips for long. He is likely just solar-charging, and will find and eat bag of cheap dollar store chips in short order.

    I'm thinking, before a week or so is up anyway.

    (BTW: that is an excellent idea for a headstone. I'm just gonna have mine say "Fig Newton."
    People can make what they will of it.)

  48. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  49. #350
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,204
    <If the chips were open and the dog didn't have a go at them, then the dog had not been in the truck for any length of time (CONJECTURE!).>

    Or the chips had not been in the truck for any length of time.

    One or the other- but not both, IMO.

    (And just for the record- 'chips' is now short for "anyopencontaineroffoodinanenclosedvehiclewithahun grydoginside" )
    Last edited by Oriah; 10-07-2010 at 12:07 AM.

  50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #8
    By Cubby in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 541
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 04:09 PM
  2. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #7
    By Cubby in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 580
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 03:34 PM
  3. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #5
    By Salem in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 644
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 09:01 PM
  4. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #2
    By imamaze in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 720
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 02:07 PM
  5. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1
    By SuziQ in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 604
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 09:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •