Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 580
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,735
    Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    I * believe * it's a fact that the two adult Jamisons were " walking like they were in a trance " and " stopping and staring off into space " before they vanished. It is supposedly on video....

    All JMO
    Oh how I wished I had that video. I think only the FBI and a couple of media sources have it though. Does anyone have that source?


  2. #227
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    26,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Oh how I wished I had that video. I think only the FBI and a couple of media sources have it though. Does anyone have that source?
    I believe the quotes liz b references ("walking like they were in a trance" and "stopping and staring off into space") come from the 02 May Sunday Oklahoman article which revealed the perceived oddities of the Jamisons's behavior prior to their disappearance. Unfortunately, said article is now available only as a part of newsok.com's pay service, being more than two months old. (I think it's $1.99 per article.) If I remember correctly, these observations were made by Sheriff Beauchamp after his having viewed content from the security camera(s) at the Jamisons's Eufaula residence.


  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  4. #228
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh (of course)
    Posts
    2,352
    Here's a fact I would like to know: who reported that the adults were "walking like they were in a trance"? Says who?


  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pittsburghgirl For This Useful Post:


  6. #229
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    26,284
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    Here's a fact I would like to know: who reported that the adults were "walking like they were in a trance"? Says who?
    I believe this was Sheriff Beauchamp's observation.

    The entire Oklahoman article was unusual for an open case in that it contributed much to the notion that the Jamisons were decidedly unbalanced before they went missing.


  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  8. #230
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,024
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    Here's a fact I would like to know: who reported that the adults were "walking like they were in a trance"? Says who?
    I wondered how much they could tell from a video camra . How good was the camra? I dont understand that statement either. Also I dont understand why the video camra's where in the house at all. What was the video there to record? The demons?

    What was the house address?


  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:


  10. #231
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    I wondered how much they could tell from a video camra . How good was the camra? I dont understand that statement either. Also I dont understand why the video camra's where in the house at all. What was the video there to record? The demons?

    What was the house address?
    I'm guessing maybe something like a baby cam, that you would have in your home to see what your child was doing when sleeping or playing- that sort of thing? Not the best quality.


  11. #232
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,735
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    Here's a fact I would like to know: who reported that the adults were "walking like they were in a trance"? Says who?
    The sheriff I believe. Sheriffs dept and the FBI were the only people who had access to the home video/camera at the time. He was the only one who commented to the media at the time. Looking for the link right now...


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  13. #233
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    179
    I can't link to this because I got it through a subscription service, but it's a quote from The Daily Oklahoman, May 2, 2010, article entitled "EUFAULA COUPLE, MISSING SINCE OCT. 9, TOLD PASTOR OF SEEING SPIRITS ON ROOF, IN THEIR HOUSE - Family's fate remains mystery."

    "The circumstantial evidence can't be ignored, the sheriff said. Both had lost substantial weight in the months before vanishing. They carried large amounts of cash. And a security camera mounted at their house showed them moving in what Beauchamp described as trance -like motions.

    "On the video sometimes they would just stop and stare," Beauchamp said. "It was strange."


  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to doublestop For This Useful Post:


  15. #234
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,735
    Quote Originally Posted by doublestop View Post
    I can't link to this because I got it through a subscription service, but it's a quote from The Daily Oklahoman, May 2, 2010, article entitled "EUFAULA COUPLE, MISSING SINCE OCT. 9, TOLD PASTOR OF SEEING SPIRITS ON ROOF, IN THEIR HOUSE - Family's fate remains mystery."

    "The circumstantial evidence can't be ignored, the sheriff said. Both had lost substantial weight in the months before vanishing. They carried large amounts of cash. And a security camera mounted at their house showed them moving in what Beauchamp described as trance -like motions.

    "On the video sometimes they would just stop and stare," Beauchamp said. "It was strange."
    I can't get past the fact that they had both lost a lot of weight either. But...what about Madyson? I never saw where she was mentioned at all as being on the video. Was she at school? Outside? Elsewhere?
    If she was on there at all, and running around being a typical child...I'd think something was up with the Jamison adults.
    If she was on there and 'stopping and staring'- I'd think....the security camera is all jerky and hazy. You know?


  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  17. #235
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    I can't get past the fact that they had both lost a lot of weight either. But...what about Madyson? I never saw where she was mentioned at all as being on the video. Was she at school? Outside? Elsewhere?
    If she was on there at all, and running around being a typical child...I'd think something was up with the Jamison adults.
    If she was on there and 'stopping and staring'- I'd think....the security camera is all jerky and hazy. You know?
    I assumed it was the adults ; no mention was made of Madyson. But,if she was shown on the video, with the same type of behavior as the adults, I'm not sure it would be the video equipment ? Didn't the FBI revue the tape ? I did wonder why Madyson's hair was dyed blonde though....

    All JMO


  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:


  19. #236
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,735
    Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    I assumed it was the adults ; no mention was made of Madyson. But,if she was shown on the video, with the same type of behavior as the adults, I'm not sure it would be the video equipment ? Didn't the FBI revue the tape ? I did wonder why Madyson's hair was dyed blonde though....

    All JMO
    I assumed it was the adults also, and yes the FBI has the tape (although I think it was the sheriff who first viewed it, and then made that comment.)
    If Madyson was on there and exhibiting the same type of behavior....what do you make of that?

    Madyson's hair- pictures show her getting it dyed as if it were for fun. But the timing seems odd to me.

    It wouldn't be hard to tell a 6 year old she was going to have a makeover, but withhold the actual reason for it, you know?


  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  21. #237
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    26,284
    I originally snipped and posted these on the third thread (page six); the last two paragraphs were posted by Snoopster, on the same page. They give a real sense of, at least, the authorities' notions of the mental state of the Jamisons prior to their going missing:

    Family’s fate remains mystery
    Eufaula couple, missing since Oct. 9, told pastor of seeing spirits on roof, in their house
    ---
    Gary Brandon, a Eufaula pastor, told investigators the Jamisons were engaged in spiritual warfare. He said Bobby Jamison told him he often saw "two to four spirits on the roof” of their lakeside Eufaula home. Once, Bobby Jamison called Brandon to inquire whether there were "special bullets” he could use to shoot the spirits, the minister told investigators. He told the pastor he was reading the "satanic bible” for a natural remedy.

    Investigative notes show Sherilyn Jamison told Brandon there were "three to four spirits” in the house, including children named Michael and Emily, and that Madyson often talked to Emily’s sister — a spirit that had wings. Sherilyn Jamison wasn’t afraid, though. She believed she had the gift to cast out demons.
    ---
    [Sheriff Israel] Beauchamp said the paranoia could suggest an addiction to drugs, but has found no evidence they were users or dealers. Ruling out the role of drugs in the family’s disappearance is another issue.
    ---
    A security camera at the Jamisons’ home offered another possible clue. Before the trip to Latimer County, investigators saw Sherilyn place a brown leather briefcase in the pickup. The briefcase was never found.

    "I think it might have held a lot of cash,” Beauchamp said. "I’ve gone back and forth on this thing, but my latest theory — based on how the truck was parked and what was found in the truck — I think they were forced to stop and got out of the truck to meet with someone they recognized. And I think they either left willingly or by force.
    ---
    One family friend questioned by investigators stayed with the Jamisons in Eufaula until being asked to leave at gunpoint.

    "He had the barrel stuck in his ear by Sherilyn,” Beauchamp said. "At first you think, ‘Great, here’s someone with a motive.’ But the FBI cleared him.”
    ---


    The whole Oklahoman article is available here, for $1.49:
    http://newsok.com/familys-fate-remai...#ixzz0miIiYzCV


  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  23. #238
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,735
    And there's still that unaccounted for .22, registered to Sherilyn.

    <One family friend questioned by investigators stayed with the Jamisons in Eufaula until being asked to leave at gunpoint.

    "He had the barrel stuck in his ear by Sherilyn,” Beauchamp said. "At first you think, ‘Great, here’s someone with a motive.’ But the FBI cleared him.” >


  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  25. #239
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,663
    As time goes on, I can see why LE enforcement hasn't done more. There just isn't any evidence of a crime having been committed. Even with all the hopla that was going on in the Jamison family, there is just no sign that a crime has been committed. It's very frustrating!!!

    The briefcase Sherilyn was carrying could very well have held $30,000.00 in cash! $10,000.00 per person, to just disappear!


  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:


  27. #240
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    26,284
    Quote Originally Posted by little726 View Post
    As time goes on, I can see why LE enforcement hasn't done more. There just isn't any evidence of a crime having been committed. Even with all the hopla that was going on in the Jamison family, there is just no sign that a crime has been committed. It's very frustrating!!!

    The briefcase Sherilyn was carrying could very well have held $30,000.00 in cash! $10,000.00 per person, to just disappear!
    Yep. A lot of our thinking about this case has been tinged by subjectivity - in this case, what we ourselves wouldn't do:

    * we wouldn't have left the dog in a locked truck; we love animals
    * we wouldn't have left over $30,000 in the truck; we know money's value
    * we wouldn't have dyed a six-year-old's hair; we respect childhood's innocence
    * we wouldn't seek to live off the grid; we value contact with others

    etc. etc.

    As the Oklahoman article above is based on the accounts of authority figures (a pastor; a sheriff), it is not wise, I don't think, to undervalue them. We ourselves are not the Jamisons, and the Jamisons - with their paranoia, with their bizarre religious beliefs, with their proposed lawsuit against a school district, with their very "different-ness" - are a very tough nut to crack.

    I wonder if the FBI has used its resources in order to evaluate the family in question, and, on that evaluation, base its investigation.


  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #8
    By Cubby in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 541
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 04:09 PM
  2. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #7
    By Cubby in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 580
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 03:34 PM
  3. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #5
    By Salem in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 644
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 09:01 PM
  4. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #2
    By imamaze in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 720
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 02:07 PM
  5. Found Deceased OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1
    By SuziQ in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 604
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 09:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •