Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    A couple of random thoughts here ...

Anyone remember how long after the Jamisons were last seen before they were officially reported missing and LE started looking for them? I'm curious about the security/surveillance camera at the Jamison house. To have captured the Jamisons leaving and not coming back, a tape would have run out after a period of time, and if it was continual looping, images of their leaving would have been recorded over.

On another note, if Sheriff Beauchamp is correct that the money is thought to have come from SSA (which should be easily verifiable through that agency), that would appear to discredit Star's claims that Bobby removed that amount from her safe, and about he and Sherry getting a divorce. There is nothing to indicate that Bobby or Sherilyn had filed for divorce, and in fact they were looking at buying property. IF there was $$ in Star's safe, was it Bobby's settlement money from Bob Sr? If so, that money does not appear to be accounted for.
    Glad you posted this.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

The Jamisons were never really reported missing persay. When the truck was found they sent LE out to the house for a well being check. Then they were able to tell that the Jamisons had not been home for some time. But no one ever reported them missing.

From what I understand of the video system, it recorded on a computer hard drive that was located in the bedroom closet. I don't know much about the system itself. Honestly, I don't know if it would record over itself or not. Sorry I can't be much help on that one.

As far as SSA, Star was trying to get the information from them, but they can be lets just say less than helpful. If LE has the reciepts from SSA, then they already have the confirmation they would need. I am not sure what is going on with the whole money in the safe thing. I do know that there marriage was up and down. It really would not suprise me if divorce came up a lot, and then for what ever reason they changed their mind. It sounds like they were pretty upbeat and were looking for property at the time they went missing. So they must have patched things up. All speculation on my part, for what its worth.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    The Jamisons were never really reported missing persay. When the truck was found they sent LE out to the house for a well being check. Then they were able to tell that the Jamisons had not been home for some time. But no one ever reported them missing.

From what I understand of the video system, it recorded on a computer hard drive that was located in the bedroom closet. I don't know much about the system itself. Honestly, I don't know if it would record over itself or not. Sorry I can't be much help on that one.

As far as SSA, Star was trying to get the information from them, but they can be lets just say less than helpful. If LE has the reciepts from SSA, then they already have the confirmation they would need. I am not sure what is going on with the whole money in the safe thing. I do know that there marriage was up and down. It really would not suprise me if divorce came up a lot, and then for what ever reason they changed their mind. It sounds like they were pretty upbeat and were looking for property at the time they went missing. So they must have patched things up. All speculation on my part, for what its worth.
    Thanks mtrooper.

Couldn't resist commenting on the 'well-being check'

I can only hope that was an actual well being check. Not an 'LE-style' well-being check, lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Sorry I am coming in a little late here tonight. As far as the dog goes, I know that the people who found the truck on the mountain thought that it was in pretty bad shape. They kept it for a few days before they met up with Starlet to give it to her. The guy that watched the dog became pretty attached to her in that time. Anyways, I will call tomorrow and ask him what shape the truck was in. I know when I was out there in May the truck was in pretty good shape, but Colton had already cleaned it out. I am not sure, but I would think that the residual stink would still be lingering. But then again, if the dog didn't have anyway to eat (I know there was a soft sided cooler on the floor that she was getting water from) then it might not poop. The only way I can make it fit in my head logistically is if the dog was just too small to reach the dash where the chips were. She is a pretty small dog. Think how tortureous that would be, starving and food was just out of reach. It is kinda hard to tell in the pictures, it looks like a lot of stuff got shuffled around the first night, so who knows what was where the next day when they took the pictures.

The windows of the truck were rolled up, and yes they broke them to get in, with concern for the dog. They knew that they had been up on the 8th, and then the truck being found, they assumed the dog/truck had been there the whole time.

Another thought (which I really don't need any more than I already have) is that Bobby's set of keys have not been found. Despite news reports stating the keys were found in the ignition....I guess if someone was a dog lover they could bring the dog food if they had Bobby's keys. including Bobby. I did think at one point that maybe the Jamison's were camping out in one of the numerous cabins that are up there, but the FBI did check the cabins out...and I am not sure Sherilyn could resist the temptation to spray paint somthing while she was there. I kinda feel like it was her calling card, for lack of a better term.

I know that they had looked at other properties, I wonder if she left her calling card at any of them. There were cans of spray paint in the back of the truck, and IIRC in the cab of the truck as well.

I guess what gets me is why not leave the window cracked for the dog? I ALWAYS crack my window. And Bobby had window flares on all 4 windows, so why wouldn't you...Its not like rain could get in.

And I also thought about this earlier. I know the weather was HOT on the 8th (80's), but I wonder if it would be cooler on the mountain because of the elevation. Oriah do you recall what the elevation is up there? And how much of a difference would that make in the temperature?

Sorry for the novel.
    Ha! Pulling old post out of nowhere.

I was rereading( in a very non specific order) I happened to see this post about the neighbor having the dog. What?? Why??

If the dog was near death and went to the vet then how did the neighbor get to care for it for a few days? The dog would have been impounded and adpoted if not claimed for 30 days or picked up by next of kin because the dog is the property of the Jamisons and was found in their truck. Not lost or roaming free. The LE agency would have known to call in animal control to get the dog the care it needed. So why did the neighbor have this dog that could be a clue in a case.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

Dog did not go to vet, she stayed with someone on the mountain until star could make it to meet them. I guess I never even thought about animal control.

Thanks for the insight. I will see what I can find out.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:

Not that ya'll need to know how much the issue of the dog bothers me or anything...lol.... But I could only find a couple vets in the area that might have treated the dog. None of whom had seen the dog during this time period.
    Does hippa apply to dogs??

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

So they broke in a truck to save a dog that was near death and did not think it should see a vet?

That seems absurd. If that is really what happened and the LE just handed this dog over to the neighbors I would have to wonder what else the dept failed to do to ensure the safty ,wellbeing and rights of the Jamisons.

Not that I am saying the neighbors are not great people(althou they knew the dog was in there for 8 days or however long) but the LE at the time had not checked into if they could be involved in the case or not and if the neighbors had murdered them dog hair evidence on the clothes could be strong in a criminal case. So they pass off the dog ?
    It is illogical. It goes against LE common sence and basic investigative rules.

ALSO the dog would have only been impounded by animal control and taken for emergency treatment .
    There are laws they have to be followed in taking control of a persons property . That includes animals and where I live that animal either has to be ordered by a court for removal or in emergency. Once it met the danger guidlines it would have had to see a vet otherwise proving the emergency. So why wasnt protocal followed. I will look up animals laws for OK.
    Last edited by Soulmagent; 10-01-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: to add.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    So they broke in a truck to save a dog that was near death and did not think it should see a vet?

That seems absurd. If that is really what happened and the LE just handed this dog over to the neighbors I would have to wonder what else the dept failed to do to ensure the safty ,wellbeing and rights of the Jamisons.

Not that I am saying the neighbors are not great people(althou they knew the dog was in there for 8 days or however long) but the LE at the time had not checked into if they could be involved in the case or not and if the neighbors had murdered them dog hair evidence on the clothes could be strong in a criminal case. So they pass off the dog ?
    It is illogical. It goes against LE common sence and basic investigative rules.

ALSO the dog would have only been impounded by animal control and taken for emergency treatment .
    There are laws they have to be followed in taking control of a persons property . That includes animals and where I live that animal either has to be ordered by a court for removal or in emergency. Once it met the danger guidlines it would have had to see a vet otherwise proving the emergency. So why wasnt protocal followed. I will look up animals laws for OK.
    Doesn't make any sense, does it?

Maybe LE didn't have any idea of the magnitude of what they were dealing with, or didn't think about that and just handed the dog off thinking it would be one less thing to think about.
    I don't know. It makes no sense to me, either- nor does it make sense from an investigative standpoint, imo.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Well this might kida clear things up. Apparently there is no animal control in latimer county. Good to know. I thought all counties had animal control. Guess not. At this point Oklahoma continues to make me scratch my head.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:

Well this might kida clear things up. Apparently there is no animal control in latimer county. Good to know. I thought all counties had animal control. Guess not. At this point Oklahoma continues to make me scratch my head.
    Oklahoma continues to make me scratch my head also. But I think there might be a whole 'nother thread on here somewhere that addresses that.

Thanks for that info. I thought to look up vets, but not animal control!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Oklahoma continues to make me scratch my head also. But I think there might be a whole 'nother thread on here somewhere that addresses that.

Thanks for that info. I thought to look up vets, but not animal control!
    Oklahoma indeed is a head-scratcher, especially if one lives in its mind-boggling confines and sees this stuff play out daily. I think I've developed dandruff over the years.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Oklahoma indeed is a head-scratcher, especially if one lives in its mind-boggling confines and sees this stuff play out daily. I think I've developed dandruff over the years.

And totally O/T but of course you knew Oklahoma is where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain... the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain!
    And Oklahoma... every night, my honey lamb and I
    sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
    makin' lazy circles in the sky!

Oh, Oklahoma.

Just tell me where the Jamison's are.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post

And totally O/T but of course you knew Oklahoma is where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain... the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain!
    And Oklahoma... every night, my honey lamb and I
    sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
    makin' lazy circles in the sky!

Oh, Oklahoma.

Just tell me where the Jamison's are.
    Oklahoma...O-K! (as opposed to quite good, great, sterling, excellent beyond compare, etc. etc.)

I'm still trying to figure out where the dog was during the alleged several days it wasn't in the truck ripping open bags of chips.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Oklahoma...O-K! (as opposed to quite good, great, sterling, excellent beyond compare, etc. etc.)

I'm still trying to figure out where the dog was during the alleged several days it wasn't in the truck ripping open bags of chips.
    I'm still trying to figure out why the dog didn't rip open the bag of chips period, lol.

She might have the best new diet-idea known to man.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

We're hard upon the first anniversary of the Jamisons having last been reported seen (08 October 2009), and nowhere notably nearer a solution to the mystery.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast