Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    A little shih tzu-type pup....

Can you see a dog (any dog?) locked in a vehicle without open windows for a week or more, with food items available in the vehicle-but not touching the food items in the vehicle- and also not doing any damage to the fabric or whatever in the vehicle in the meantime?

Mine would have snarfed everything in sight, scratched up the seats and the window trim, etc, and eventually peed and pooped pretty much everywhere.

This really has me scratching my head.
    Small dogs, like this one, have trouble breathing. Either someone was feeding it or it was by the grace of God, that he(she) lived.

I still wish it could talk!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    I have not seen where any news link mentions any damage the truck may or may not of had but since you mention this list , you are correct in that the damage to the truck should be very noticable with makes me question how they can state confidently that there are no signs of any struggle.
    I don't think there are any media links to the photos of the truck (other than the one with the doors open); however, the Sheriffs dept and the FBI both have photos of the interior of the truck. I imagine they wouldn't want them in the media because it is still an ongoing investigation, and those pics would be in evidence?
    IIRC, it was noted in the media (can't remember where- I'll try to find the link) that LE had to break a window in order to remove the dog. So it sure doesn't sound like windows were opened, because even if they were just cracked LE could have popped a door, not broken a window.

IMO, that dog was not in that vehicle for the length of time indicated.

Which changes everything.
    JMO.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

I don't think there are any media links to the photos of the truck (other than the one with the doors open); however, the Sheriffs dept and the FBI both have photos of the interior of the truck. I imagine they wouldn't want them in the media because it is still an ongoing investigation, and those pics would be in evidence?
    IIRC, it was noted in the media (can't remember where- I'll try to find the link) that LE had to break a window in order to remove the dog. So it sure doesn't sound like windows were opened, because even if they were just cracked LE could have popped a door, not broken a window.

JMO.
    Oh, no, Oriah!! I don't even want to think of "changing everything!"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:

JMO.
    They could have just popped the door anyway. I guess the glass was broken because of the the urgent need of the dog. I have a 97 and a slim jim thing does work rather quickly and is not a complicated process.Even a coat hanger works.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by little726 View Post
    Oh, no, Oriah!! I don't even want to think of "changing everything!"
    I know exactly how you feel, but truthfully....I think we have to.

At the very least, we need to rework the timeline; as well as consider the fact that the Jamisons may not have been on the mountain that day. And without a doubt, someone was on the mountain with the dog at a much later date.

Or possibly there was a reason why the Sheriffs dept used the dog as evidence that the Jamisons LS timeline was valid.

But it is not.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

They could have just popped the door anyway. I guess the glass was broken because of the the urgent need of the dog. I have a 97 and a slim jim thing does work rather quickly and is not a complicated process.Even a coat hanger works.
    Yes, I agree. I think the window was broken because of the urgency of the dog and also because it may have appeared that there was a human inside as well.
    Although considering the ease of popping a door and the fact that most LE carry slim jims.....I still don't really get it. Maybe it was broken by the individual(s) who first found the truck. IDK.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

I'm not positive, but I thought mtrooper said there were bags of chips in the truck.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:

I'm not positive, but I thought mtrooper said there were bags of chips in the truck.
    Correct, there were. And they were not torn open or scattered as such as would happen if you locked a dog in a vehicle without any source of food for an extended period of time.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Correct, there were. And they were not torn open or scattered as such as would happen if you locked a dog in a vehicle without any source of food for an extended period of time.
    Ok. I wasn't sure. That IS odd!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:

Okay. So.... What are some of the possible ramifications, supposing the dog was placed in the vehicle at some point after said vehicle was abandoned? I sign on to that theory, but what might it mean in terms of the disappearance? Ideas?? I'm boggled (but I was boggled long before this). Who might have put the dog in the truck? Why? Where had the dog been in the interval? (And how does it affect the odds on my oft-stated [and much ridiculed!] theory that the Jamisons left of their own accord?)

Each new possibility in this case is like another explosion in a jigsaw puzzle factory. The bits and pieces keep getting smaller, and scattering in the wind.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Ok. I wasn't sure. That IS odd!
    I am tempted to try and bring up via satellite imagery, the Jamisons house the day they allegedly went to visit the mountain (the first visit.) Wonder where the truck was parked then. Also, there are several DOT cameras exiting Eufala and Red Oak. Seems like the dome light would help distinguish their truck from the other 50,000 white trucks in the area.

Also, wasn't there some mention of a security system in their home? Or do I have that wrong?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Okay. So.... What are some of the possible ramifications, supposing the dog was placed in the vehicle at some point after said vehicle was abandoned? I sign on to that theory, but what might it mean in terms of the disappearance? Ideas?? I'm boggled (but I was boggled long before this). Who might have put the dog in the truck? Why? Where had the dog been in the interval? (And how does it affect the odds on my oft-stated [and much ridiculed!] theory that the Jamisons left of their own accord?)

Each new possibility in this case is like another explosion in a jigsaw puzzle factory. The bits and pieces keep getting smaller, and scattering in the wind.
    I know, I feel the same way, wfgodot.
    So....now we :
    A: do not know how long the vehicle was abandoned for.
    B: do not know where the dog was prior to being found in the vehicle.
    C: where the dog was in the interval
    D: why the dog might have been placed in the vehicle at a later date.
    E: if, in fact, the man last known to have seen/spoken to the Jamisons was in fact the last person to have seen them
    F: do not know but I think can safely assume that another vehicle was involved on the mountain during that time period (at or close to where the Jamison truck was found.)

As for the elective disappearance theory- I think it may give it more weight.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Quick question (unrelated):

Does anyone have the make, model, or year handy on the abandoned vehicle on the mountain? Need the info relatively quickly. TIA

It iI am going to look at the truck's photo I can make a good guess but not exact on the year the vin number would tell us all of that.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

It iI am going to look at the truck's photo I can make a good guess but not exact on the year the vin number would tell us all of that.
    Thanks and yeah- trying to clean up the pic, can't get a clear read on all the digits. Vin assist should help, just easier with make/model also.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5296560&postcount=458"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #3[/ame]

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:

All I can tell is that it's a Ford.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:

It has 250 written on the right fender.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:

It has 250 written on the right fender.
    Thank you. I have six million things open right now and didnt want to search for it.
    Thanks so much.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

It is a 1986 ford 250 4 wheel drive two tone dark blue and tan.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

Ok, I come up with a 1990-91 Ford F250. I'm going by looking at the window behind the passengers side. It has a bar in the middle.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:

It is a 1986 ford 250 4 wheel drive two tone dark blue and tan.
    I love you, soulmagent.
    You just saved me a bunch 'o time.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Ford didnt change alot but by 88 the side marker light was gone and the front had a slightly straighter edge.

Also I think they call it a 250 xlt.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

Looks like they both have a bar down the middle of the window.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to little726 For This Useful Post:

Ford didnt change alot but by 88 the side marker light was gone and the front had a slightly straighter edge.
    Vin assist may be able to put it together.
    Working on it now.

49. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast