Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Body found in Salt Lake City - 20 June 2010 - Could this be Susan Powell? - NOT SUSAN

Body just got identified as 52-year-old Douglas Nelson, according to KSL:

SALT LAKE CITY -- Police have identified the remains found at the University of Utah Sunday. They say the body is that of 52-year-old Douglas Nelson.

Two Chevron workers cleaning up an oil spill found Nelson's remains in Red Butte Creek. An autopsy performed Monday afternoon helped to identify him.

Police say Nelson was reported missing from Summit County on August 25, 2009. He last known to be near the University Health Sciences Center five days before.

Police say Nelson activated an emergency phone just before 11 p.m. that evening, looking for a ride off campus. He was then directed to the emergency room and was seen heading that way by campus officers.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11257579 (continued at source)

Quote Originally Posted by RayO View Post
    Technically, at this point, Susan is homeless.
    Just saying...
    That is the sad truth.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

It's not Susan. Josh is breathing a sigh of relief and I'm too frustrated to say anymore.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Prayers for the family of Douglas Nelson...RIP
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DollyPardonMe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
    It's not Susan. Josh is breathing a sigh of relief and I'm too frustrated to say anymore.
    You know... I doubt he was concerned because he knew she wasn't there. Like I don't think Scott Peterson would have been concerned if a body was found in a pond near his home. He KNEW she was in the bay, totally unconnected.

Josh knows where he put her, so he wasn't concerned because he knew he didn't put her in water or anywhere that she would have ended up in water. (IMO)

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by stillta View Post
    Ok I am very very new at this but I am curious if anyone thinks this could be Douglas Nelson who has been missing since I believe August. I am really just trying to find some information on him as he is my neighbors cousin. I don't know much other then he went missing in the Salt Lake area last August after leaving a hospital.
    BUMPING TO GIVE A BIG BRAVO -- 5 posts and you already solved one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stick around!!!!!!!!!!
    WANTED TO ADD: HUGS TO YOUR COUSIN and of course Douglas's family. I am glad they have closure.

11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Body found after fireworks spark brush fire in St. George

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/49...brush.html.csp

eta, this is 299 miles from where Susan lived per google maps.
    Last edited by Dr. Know?; 07-04-2010 at 09:04 PM.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
    Body found after fireworks spark brush fire in St. George

eta, this is 299 miles from where Susan lived per google maps.
    Well, what do locals think? Could he have driven down there in the weather they were having? I guess it would have taken about 9-10 hours round trip with a couple stops? Was there a snowstorm going on that far south?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:

It's definitely "south" and it seems to me that there was time. This is straight down the interstate, so if any road was plowed, that would be it.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dovebar For This Useful Post:

Steven Koercher (sp?) is from St. George......missing/last seen in Vegas area, though.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    Steven Koercher (sp?) is from St. George......missing/last seen in Vegas area, though.
    Some people on his thread think he was killed or dumped back in St. George. Would definitely be intriguing if it were Susan. I for one (and only) think there was a connection.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=107504&page=7

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

i hope this is sp... she needs to be found and jp needs to go to prison (or worse)...

is this article from yesterday? im confused....sia

23. The Following User Says Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    i hope this is sp... she needs to be found and jp needs to go to prison (or worse)...

is this article from yesterday? im confused....sia
    Pretty sure article is from Sat. with an update a few hours ago. The original article didn't say anything about the body being male or female. Just basic info.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    Well, what do locals think? Could he have driven down there in the weather they were having? I guess it would have taken about 9-10 hours round trip with a couple stops? Was there a snowstorm going on that far south?
    It doesn't really snow in St George, but pretty much everywhere in between snows in December. He should have been able to, yes.

We are discussing this body in Susan's General Discussion Thread too. There is several posts with more detail about the drive and area and everything over there.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123