Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    She has been missing 7 months and at least 4 of those months were freezing winter so I bet it could be her with the decomp they describe.

20 miles from her house, she could have just been thrown down the hill side or placed in the brush along the creek in the canyon.
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

This... is odd. It makes me a bit sick... because I have been saying it might happen.

When we started flooding I said, "Josh better hope he didn't put Susan in any of these reservoirs or rivers...because when they open the dams and those rivers flood she is going to come out with the water. When dumping a body a killer wouldn't consider flooding months later... I sure hope no bodies wash into someone's backyard."

Then this happens and I instantly feel sick. Without the flooding and opening the dam... this wouldn't have been flushed out.

I don't think it's Susan Powell. But, it is still creepy.

I will see what I see when I drive by when we go to our doctor's appointment in that area this week. If they are still working in the area or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    It always seems someone somewhere is finding a body along the Wasatch front. We have so many little canyons, water ways, fields, wooded areas, we have a large homeless population. However where this body was located is not anywhere near the homeless shelter or where the homeless usually hang out.

It could be someone that wasn't reported missing, could be someone from another state who was reported missing in that state, it could be Susan.

The possibilities are endless at this point in the story.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

University of Utah police and Salt Lake City fire crews set up a rig to clear more brush and were able to recover most of a body after several hours of work.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...Red-Butte.html

I have to wonder what "most of a body" means? If someone intentionally eliminated the most identifying features like teeth and fingers. Or if it was just simply natural elements doing damage.

If there is not teeth, they will have to wait for DNA for sure to identify the body at all...if it's skeletal that could take a while...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    She has been missing 7 months and at least 4 of those months were freezing winter so I bet it could be her with the decomp they describe.

20 miles from her house, she could have just been thrown down the hill side or placed in the brush along the creek in the canyon.
    I think it could be Susan for the very same reasons. Dr.Fessel.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Police said the body was badly decomposed but most of the body was intact. At this time officials believe the gender is male.

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/stor...bc43KuM1g.cspx

I really don't think it's her...even if they are wrong and it is a woman. I really believe that she is further away. I think that the mine shaft scenario is entirely possible.

If this search gets canceled however, then I will be suspicious that something has been found.

"The training is for the continued search of Susan Powell who disappeared in December.

The search will go from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Utah west desert next Saturday."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sta...aM9yPjn7w.cspx

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Ok I am very very new at this but I am curious if anyone thinks this could be Douglas Nelson who has been missing since I believe August. I am really just trying to find some information on him as he is my neighbors cousin. I don't know much other then he went missing in the Salt Lake area last August after leaving a hospital.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to stillta For This Useful Post:

Various news reports gathered here in one place:

http://heartsknitforsusan.wordpress.com/

I saw in one of the articles...Fox13, I think it was, but I could be wrong...they think it's possibly a homeless person.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KBH5 For This Useful Post:

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I was so hoping it was Susan! I wonder if they would put out wrong info to keep Josh from running?
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:

On the local nbc news at noon they were still saying it could be male or female.

I was hoping it would be Susan, but regardless of if it's her or someone else, a family somewhere can have some answers.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vegas Bride For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydee View Post
    It sure seems weird that Fox News did not even discuss the body being recovered during their news at 9 pm. Their last report was when the foot was seen and they were planning to recover the body. The body was recovered at 5:30 pm. Whether this is Susan Powell or somebody else - I would think finding body while trying to flush out an oil spill would have made the news tonight.
    IMO this story seems more low-key than the normal around here, it makes me wonder if the news stations have been asked to keep things on the quiet side until they're able to determin more.

Prayers go out to the worker who found the body, I'm grateful the person was found but know what a tramatic thing this was also.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vegas Bride For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by stillta View Post
    Ok I am very very new at this but I am curious if anyone thinks this could be Douglas Nelson who has been missing since I believe August. I am really just trying to find some information on him as he is my neighbors cousin. I don't know much other then he went missing in the Salt Lake area last August after leaving a hospital.
    Absolutely. It is within walking distance IF he was at the U of U hospital which is sounds like he was. Probably a mile.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Police Chief Scott Folsom says until Monday's autopsy is completed, many unanswered questions will remain, including whether the body is male or female.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11257579

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:

THIS is actually what the FB page said!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules_SA View Post
    The Friends and Family Facebook page has confirmed that the body from Red Butte Creek is that of a male.
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=198478842187

This is what the FB page said in the entry from 14 minutes ago:
    There is still no confirmation on the gender of this body. Let's please remember, whomever this is, someone has lost a loved one. Prayers to this person's family!

Jules_SA, I followed your link and that was not what they said at all- what they said is what I copied and pasted above. Not sure how the info got mixed up but I thought it important to straighten it out!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frigga For This Useful Post:

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    What's that sound I hear? Running? North? Towards Canada?

Seriously, I don't know SLC very well. Is it feasible for him to have driving to this place and dumped her upstream? Near a dam, is it? Anyone from the area who could shed some light on this development?

Wouldn't this be a lousy, yet sweet father's day present for Chuck Cox?
    [bbm]

hopefully not
    we have enough of our own murderers - don't need any more tyvm :P

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    This is what the FB page said in the entry from 14 minutes ago:
    There is still no confirmation on the gender of this body. Let's please remember, whomever this is, someone has lost a loved one. Prayers to this person's family!

Jules_SA, I followed your link and that was not what they said at all- what they said is what I copied and pasted above. Not sure how the info got mixed up but I thought it important to straighten it out!
    There was an update tweeted several hours ago from Shelby Gifford that was showing on that FB page earlier today. You can see it here, along with statements made afterwards that there has been no ID of the remains yet. I'm unsure of why she said earlier that the remains were male. ???

http://twitter.com/FindSusan
    Missing Persons Case Archive Albums ~ http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkycrankerson/

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crocus For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast