Facebook - Missing Kyron Horman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
You many discuss the Missing Kyron Horman Facebook page here.

Please note that there are guidelines to be followed which are typical for Websleuths.

1. Link only. Do not copy pics over to our forum

2. Comments may be discussed, but we do not copy and paste comments. You'll need to explain where they are found and not quote them.

3. Do not gossip from the comments. If you see a comment that says the house was painted purple on the day before, we can't go on to say that this leads to some event that hasn't ever been mentioned before.

4. This is the only FB we are allowing at this time. Do not say "when I saw TH's FB on day one it said............." :nono:

If this doesn't work, the thread will be closed and we'll go back to not allowing any FB sites again. We want to see how it goes so don't blow it!

Feel free to bump this post up later on so other posters know the rules and don't make mistakes that ruin it for everyone.

Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Kyron-Horman/125336750831264

I just wanted to give "Missing Kyron Horman" props - it has been a seed bed for all-over-the-board heated commentary, and even let a discussion board (with topics dealing specifically with family) run free for a few weeks before pulling it. I believe this was actually started by Carol Mouton, and wanted to give appreciation that no matter the headline, they update this page so much, no matter the commentary backlash it produces. EX: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/19/oregon.missing.boy/

This has to be so hard on the family and friends of the hormans, and I appreciate their continuous participation on this facebook forum...

I don't believe it was started by CM. From what I recall, it was started by a woman (or a couple of women) who have previously been involved with missing children. One of the women was on the news here last night, discussing why she pulled the discussion part of the forum.

I don't believe it was started by CM. From what I recall, it was started by a woman (or a couple of women) who have previously been involved with missing children. One of the women was on the news here last night, discussing why she pulled the discussion part of the forum.

D'oh! - Thank you - I deleted my post - BUT...still giving props to who is running "Missing Kyron Horman." The comments get crazy, and they are trying to keep it clean while posting the latest news, no matter what. I appreciate family and friends who are ON this forum, and staying strong for Kyron....

I'm going to ask you to be responsible...please help us with this.

If you watched the HLN show which discussed SM's FB I would like you to list for us what was discussed on that show. After we have had an opportunity to see the information we "MAY" allow that information be discussed here. About the FB. Again be responsible. Thanks.

Thanks....

D'oh! - Thank you - I deleted my post - BUT...still giving props to who is running "Missing Kyron Horman." The comments get crazy, and they are trying to keep it clean while posting the latest news, no matter what. I appreciate family and friends who are ON this forum, and staying strong for Kyron....

The comments did get way out of control on that page. Another reason why I am glad I found this forum, where things have been responsible and are kept that way.

Here's what I remember for sure. They commented on a picture of the daughter with a caption saying "this is my real daughter." They then commented on a caption under a photo of Kyron which I can't say verbatim so I won't repeat it.

Here's what I remember for sure. They commented on a picture of the daughter with a caption saying "this is my real daughter." They then commented on a caption under a photo of Kyron which I can't say verbatim so I won't repeat it.

Please discuss what is on the current FB. Is this on there now?

I saw the HLN show. It was more like a "snippet" than even a segment. They stated that TH had a photo of her daughter and the caption was "This is my REAL daughter", and then there was one of Kyron and the caption was "I don't know about this one much anymore" (I can't remember exactly - but it was close to that). They also said they thought it odd that the other parents had changed their profile pic to Kyron and she didn't for 6 days. And they commented on how there were many, many, many pics of the little girl and hardly any of Kyron.

That's about it. Only the 2 pics and the few offered observations. This was very quick and only like about 3 - 4 minutes - if that. IIRC it was last Thursday (6/17) and late in the afternoon.

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were asking what HLN said on the show when they were talking about her facebook.

I've read that those FB comments (about 'real daughter') were misunderstood because the tone doesn't get conveyed through captions. Supposedly the picture depicts the little girl screaming or something/mouth wide open and the comment is referring to that's how that little girl is ... i.e. when she's being 'REAL,' behavior-wise Like she's throwing a tantrum. If that's true, that's a FAR CRY different from the interpretations that have been given all over the place.

Context is so important...got to know the context of captions on pictures because it's very easy to assume incorrectly.

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were asking what HLN said on the show when they were talking about her facebook.

If they discussed that on HLN, that is fine. I'm not able to receive HLN so I rely on Grandmaj in that regard. :) It's okay, I wasn't sure and that is why I asked. :blowkiss:

No we want to know what is there now and, what was discussed on HLN. :)

Sorry your mods are tired!!!! :)

OK so here is the deal. If it is a matter of how you interpret the picture of the little girl and the caption..... Can we agree not to bash about that? I'm not saying don't mention it but let's remember we all have funny pictures of our kids and Grands that we think fit their personality at that given moment and make comments. Right?

And the one of Kyron... how many of us have had our children go through a difficult time in their lives?

Be responsible please that is what we are asking. When you post please think about your own facebook and your own myspace or your own conversation with a mother or spouse or friend, when one of your children has been less than an :angel: that day.

Remember we don't have a POI.

:blowkiss:

I've read that those FB comments (about 'real daughter') were misunderstood because the tone doesn't get conveyed through captions. Supposedly the picture depicts the little girl screaming or something/mouth wide open and the comment is referring to that's how that little girl is ... i.e. when she's being 'REAL,' behavior-wise Like she's throwing a tantrum. If that's true, that's a FAR CRY different from the interpretations that have been given all over the place.

Context is so important...got to know the context of captions on pictures because it's very easy to assume incorrectly.

i think i have made it clear how i felt about TH (although i have changed my theories somewhat in the last 2 days) but way back on the 5th i was an hour into this case and reading the FB comments and looking at the pics and thought WTH...but i will say in TH's defense that these were innocent remarks said with light sarcasm (noted by someone like me who usually talks with definite sarcasm)

OK so here is the deal. If it is a matter of how you interpret the picture of the little girl and the caption..... Can we agree not to bash about that? I'm not saying don't mention it but let's remember we all have funny pictures of our kids and Grands that we think fit their personality at that given moment and make comments. Right?

And the one of Kyron... how many of us have had our children go through a difficult time in their lives?

Be responsible please that is what we are asking. When you post please think about your own facebook and your own myspace or your own conversation with a mother or spouse or friend, when one of your children has been less than an :angel: that day.

Remember we don't have a POI.

:blowkiss:
Lord yes. I'm sure I have vented frustration at my kids and if anyone were to take them out of context could make me look like a monster. A friend of mine used to joke that she kept putting on the bus every morning but the damn thing kept bringing them back!! My psychology professor tried to convince us that all kids should be shipped off to a Kibbutz from ages 12-20... "until they're human again". I used to tell people my then-teenage daughter was the Demon Seed. She was! I swear! But she grew out of it. :)

My point is ... I don't think there's a parent out there who hasn't said something in frustration, obviously joking, that couldn't be turned around and used to attack them.

And as far as the comment (this is my real daughter)... I haven't seen the photo captioned as such. Was she being a little angel? Or had she just finger-painted the walls? I'll tell my daughter how wonderful my grandson has been when I take him out, and then she'll look at him and say "who are you and what did you do with my real son???".

Just sayin'

:)

I think everyone knows where I stand on Terri....

And I'll be the first to say that this is a mountain being made from a molehill. The pictures were not even in the same album, and the caption did not mean that this is my real daughter opposed to Kyron. The caption meant this is my real daugter--see, she's got my temper.

The caption about Kyron was him with his easter basket on his head. And the caption, paraphrased, was "I just don't know about him anymore."

Now, if you were to put those captions together, you'd have, This is my real daughter but I don't know about him anymore.

That was not the spirit of the captions though.

Not at all. This IS making a mountain from a molehill.

GREAT post!!

I could for sure see that. I can totally see myself writing "the REAL Kamryn" or "my true daughter"....under the caption of a picture of my little stinker in her best attitude poses. LOL They put on a good show sometimes that's for sure!!

I think some of the SM stuff is troubling BUT I appreciate being able to see both sides!!

I didn't see the HLN segment.

Was it presented as above? Or was it obviously trying to fuel the flames of speculation against Terri? If the latter, that's pretty disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken