Neighbor and eyewitness Jim Kelley

chargers2010

Inactive
Reaction score
Jim Kelley was the neighbor and eyewitness to the white truck acting suspiciously in the neighborhood on the day and late evening of June 4. Does anyone know the following questions:

1. Did LE do a search/investigation regarding this eyewitness account?
2. Was there conclusively anyone besides Jim Kelley that saw this suspicious activity?

Also, it seems like this neighbor and eyewitness is active in community activity regarding KH. He has been quoted in many articles with his statement "This kind of thing is unheard of" when he was one of the neighbors who showed up at Brooks Hill Historic church on Sunday, June 6 and spoke about KH's dissapearance. Here is one key example: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

Does anyone know of any other statements/activities of Jim Kelley besides the eyewitness account and the statement in Oregon Live?

If this thread is misplaced, I am sorry. I don't post here too often. Thanks.

Kelley, who lives about a mile and a half down hill, at the end of a winding, secluded country lane off Cornelius Pass, said police, federal agents, K-9 teams and helicopters scoured the area Saturday.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

Ruby Red,

Thank you for posting the information on Jim Kelley. It appears that the area near where he saw the white truck has been searched good. Do you know if there are any other statements from this eyewitness? What I am asking if he has made additional statements to the press besides the white truck incident?

It is interesting to note what he observed and we can comment on that, but he is an innocent party and we don't want to discourage anyone from trying to help find a missing child. I appreciate him for sticking his neck out.

I saw a female neighbor speak out about the odd truck sightings as well (she may be the one that let her dogs loose? not sure). But in the days following her appearance on the news, I didn't see her quoted in any articles. I *believe* she was on KGW, but it could have been KOIN.

Let's assume it was their truck. Couldn't it have been that Kaine and/or Terri did drive around the neighborhood at some point(s) to see if Kyron had tried to walk home, was hurt, etc? The first time was "around 3 pm", which would have been around the time they learned that Kyron was not on the bus and had been marked absent at school. 2 am, I will admit is an odd time and the police were involved in the search by then. But, they could have went out driving again out of desperation. I know my parents did that with me if I was still out riding my bike too late or something.

Kelley, who lives about a mile and a half down hill, at the end of a winding, secluded country lane off Cornelius Pass, said police, federal agents, K-9 teams and helicopters scoured the area Saturday.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

This is huge, really, really, really huge.

Let's assume it was their truck. Couldn't it have been that Kaine and/or Terri did drive around the neighborhood at some point(s) to see if Kyron had tried to walk home, was hurt, etc? The first time was "around 3 pm", which would have been around the time they learned that Kyron was not on the bus and had been marked absent at school. 2 am, I will admit is an odd time and the police were involved in the search by then. But, they could have went out driving again out of desperation. I know my parents did that with me if I was still out riding my bike too late or something.

Kyron would have gotten off the bus at 3:30, the time they've given us for when the bus arrived at the stop.

There would be no need to drive around to look for a boy they assumed was still in school, though it sure wouldn't preclude them driving around the area. We simply don't know enough to say this was their truck and one or both of them were in it.

Kyron would have gotten off the bus at 3:30, the time they've given us for when the bus arrived at the stop.

There would be no need to drive around to look for a boy they assumed was still in school, though it sure wouldn't preclude them driving around the area. We simply don't know enough to say this was their truck and one or both of them were in it.

I know we don't know enough yet. I was trying to offer a reasonable explanation why they might have been driving around the area, based on Jim Kelly's alleged sightings and estimated times. My point was that even if his sighting is true, it could have been for the reason(s) I described.

The school bus did arrive at 3:30 and Jim Kelly said "around 3" for this sighting...which could have been 3:15 or it could have been closer to 4, like 3:45. We just don't know and apparently Jim Kelly isn't sure either. If it was the latter part of 3 o'clock, then it definitely could have been either one of them just checking various areas near them right after they got the news that he wasn't on the bus. I agree, again, that 2 am is odd. But, if they did go out at an odd hour like that the very first night that the search was on, wouldn't LE have noticed their car going out at such a strange hour?

My instinctive reaction when I first read about these events back at the start was that it was the perp getting paranoid that he wasn't really dead or feeling guilty.

FWIW, just for clarity, Jim Kelley wasn't really a neighbor and didn't know the Horman's did he?

Okay. This may seem strange..but when I lived in Miami-area, I would get home very late at night after 2 jobs...sometimes 2 AM. We lived in a very secluded neighborhood with only 3 ways out. I'm driving through the back of the neighborhood (you really have to know your way around there or risk being looped endlessly) and see two cars....one shining flashlights on house numbers.

So, being the idiot 18 year old I was, I followed them and cornered them with my car into a dead end. Called police. Turns out it was the local newspaper training a new route person. No signs/magnets on the car...and they looked like kid's cars...tricked out lights, etc. I called the newspaper and really went off...I thought they were casing the houses.

Anyway, it could be something as weird as that.

Maybe this has been covered but has he been shown the photo of the truck and of TMH and could tell if he recognized them? And the other neighbor who turned her dogs out, did she see the pictures. It just seems like an unrelated coincidence to.

I know we don't know enough yet. I was trying to offer a reasonable explanation why they might have been driving around the area, based on Jim Kelly's alleged sightings and estimated times. My point was that even if his sighting is true, it could have been for the reason(s) I described.

The school bus did arrive at 3:30 and Jim Kelly said "around 3" for this sighting...which could have been 3:15 or it could have been closer to 4, like 3:45. We just don't know and apparently Jim Kelly isn't sure either. If it was the latter part of 3 o'clock, then it definitely could have been either one of them just checking various areas near them right after they got the news that he wasn't on the bus. I agree, again, that 2 am is odd. But, if they did go out at an odd hour like that the very first night that the search was on, wouldn't LE have noticed their car going out at such a strange hour?

Can we tell from the maps if this area would be between the school and home? Could there be a short cut through this area he may have taken?

There is very little credence to this sighting. As has been endlessly discussed, thousands of white trucks exist in the area. This person claims that he lives there, but is an unverified resident of a neighborhood near the school. I am sure there were many white trucks in that area on that day and on every single day since then. Why aren't any of those considered suspicious? At the time of the sighting at 2 am, LE was with the family at their home. Since that rules out the chance that they were out driving the truck then, and it is assumed to be the same truck in both sightings, then it follows the rules of logic that it was NOT their truck at either time.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back