2010.06.21 ~ CNN says focus of investigation not on TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. Either the media misunderstood LE or something changed LE's mind about TH...?

All the recent news articles have titles such as:
Investigators Focus on Kyron Horman's Stepmom
Kyron Horman's Stepmom Now "Main Focus" of Investigation
‎Missing Boy's Stepmother Probed

etc.

They all gave the impression that she was a focus. And that term could go either way, to clear her or to include her as a POI. I find it strange to say she's not a focus, because she clearly has been.

It could be possible they're not looking into her anymore, but her friends, family, coworkers, etc

IMO LE has no clue what is going on or who is responsible. they are basing most of there searches on step mom's cell phone pings, yet havent found him.

so what if there wrong? then they have spen 18 days chasing there own tails. and kyron might never be found if they are wrong.

I wonder if after the weekly ran the blog post about SM, the other media jumped on it, all of them using the weekly as the source, realizing that these reports were pretty much given credence to the rumours all over the net, LE has now realized they need to say something.

And, yes, I know that this doesn't address the questionnaire, that makes no sense to me at all, and I don't know what I think about that.

MOO

I don't see how anything changed. Isn't it what they've said all along, that they're not in a position to name persons of interest?

I suspect this is merely legalese...ie the police do not want to be accused by a defence attorney of "a rush to judgement" or a "myopic focus" on the SM to the exclusion of all other potential perps. Nor could LE admit to focusing on the SM without running the risk of being required to admit they have a "suspect" or some other similar euphanism, leading to certain parties lawyering up.
Just my 2c.

I don't see how anything changed. Isn't it what they've said all along, that they're not in a position to name persons of interest?

ITA Donjeta. This is a case of 'Actions speak louder than Words' IMO.

Perhaps the answers on the questionairres have been enough to clear TH?

Perhaps the answers on the questionairres have been enough to clear TH?

Maybe they have but I'm not sure the Lindstrand quote is based on the answers though because I saw that exact same quote reported on Friday or Saturday and most of the questionnaire answers probably weren't in yet. Captain Gates said the same thing when they released the questionnaire:

He said the family is in full support of circulating the new questionnaire.

He read a family statement that said, “Any parent would understand the grief that this causes our family… please know that we fully support the release of this flier and we want Kyron home and we hope that this will do that."

Capt. Gates refused to comment about any possible suspects or "persons of interest" in the case
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...ublic-scrutiny-of-stepmomTerri-Moulton-Horman

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/19/oregon.missing.boy/index.html
Here's one article about when they released the questionnaire and it's dated June 19, and contains the Lindstrand statement.

In a brief phone interview with CNN, sheriff spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said the focus of the investigation is not on Terri Horman.

"We're looking for every bit of information that we can," Lindstrand said. "We are not in a position to name anybody a person of interest."

My interpretation is that she just got a call from a curious reporter who wanted to know what the questionnaires meant for TH's status in the investigation and she wanted to repeat and clarify that it does not mean that she has been declared a POI.

Nothings really changed, they have not said they have cleared TH, nor have they said she is a POI. I think they are searching for Kyron and keeping tabs on TH's comings and goings, and investigating the case which they know is revolving around TH's activities the day Kyron disappeared.

Wonder if TH has been to the gym again since that day she and husband dissed the reporter outside her car?
abbie

also, from the same CNN article

The boy's stepmother, Terri Horman, said she last saw Kyron walking down the hallway towards his classroom at Skyline Elementary School, police said. Cell phone records indicate she may not have been at the school at that time, according to a report in People Magazine. Authorities refused to comment on the report.

What???

The boy's stepmother, Terri Horman, said she last saw Kyron walking down the hallway towards his classroom at Skyline Elementary School, police said. Cell phone records indicate she may not have been at the school at that time, according to a report in People Magazine. Authorities refused to comment on the report.

What???

I'm with you WHAAAAAT???

And that brings me back to TP's statement. WTH???

:waitasec:

Calliope explains it here
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5320286&postcount=181"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Were TH and/or Kyron really at Skyline on Friday, June 4?[/ame]

It appears to be a morphing story. Like the game, broken telephone. One kid whispers a sentence and another kid repeats it and when they get to the end of the line it's nothing like the original story.

What???

:waitasec: Are they saying that when he walked back to his classroom she had already left?

:waitasec: Are they saying that when he walked back to his classroom she had already left?

That is my impression. It appears the cell phone pings at 8:45 show her to be on or near Sauvie Island, not watching Kyron walking down the hall to his classroom. idk

did she post the pictures of the science fair from her phone?

weren't the pictures posted at 0846?

could they have pinged her in the island area around that time?

((((I am joining this one late... and man is it confusing!)))))

eta: interesting that there are no other kids in the room in her picture.

CNN nor the LT actually said the focus was not on TH........they used the good old generic statement from LE. "We are not focused on any one yada yada yada". Nothings changed.

did she post the pictures of the science fair from her phone?

weren't the pictures posted at 0846?

could they have pinged her in the island area around that time?

((((I am joining this one late... and man is it confusing!)))))

eta: interesting that there are no other kids in the room in her picture.

There are.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5302304&postcount=11"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Skyline Elementary School[/ame]

That is my impression. It appears the cell phone pings at 8:45 show her to be on or near Sauvie Island, not watching Kyron walking down the hall to his classroom. idk

Unless of course TP is totally wrong...and Kyron in fact left the school earlier than 8.45 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member