Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 9 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing yet to indicate Venus's remains have been found.
Just that that DS has been arrested for her death.

Thanks, Cubby!! Wow, just wow....

Does anyone have a link that Venus' body was found?

I feel like I'm having a reaction like her parents are having. A very sick feeling. I'm praying for the family now.

:praying:

I can't find anything indicating Venus' remains have been found!

The estranged husband of Venus Stewart, who vanished from her parents' Colon Township home April 26, is being held at the St. Joseph County jail for the death of his wife.

Doug Stewart was arrested and jailed Tuesday. His charges have not been confirmed, as the St. Joseph County prosecutor is holding a news conference Wednesday to release details.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Doug-Stewart-jailed-for-Venus-death

Thanks, Cubby!! Wow, just wow....

Does anyone have a link that Venus' body was found?

Not yet. I am assuming locals are getting the news on the radio or local TV before we are seeing it online.

Presser Weds, but nothing indicating what time yet.

His charges have not been confirmed.

Could they have found a body and are waiting for autopsy results?

I hope this isn't a case of media jumping on a bad headline and making more of it than it is.

I'm sorry to have had to be the one to break this news...it's very sad. We're local and we just happened to hear about it through the local grapevine...I had no links at the time. I hope I didn't cross any lines by posting it, but I thought everyone here should know what was going down.

I think if that was the case they would say the remains were pending official id but were believed to be the remains of Venus Stewart.

This is sad. My heart is breaking for her girls right now.
And I can't help but wonder if the motive for murder is Venus finding out about the alleged molestation if those allegations are true. Horrible to consider.

:(

Prayers sent out for Venus' family. :(

It's interesting to me how he is suddenly arrested for Venus's murder after the documents in the civil child molestation case became public.

Could it be that he confided in someone, perhaps his father or a sibling, who, when they learned the child had undergone a forensic exam for sexual abuse by Doug during which she was consistent and reliable, decided to go to the prosecutor and betray Doug's trust?

Or, perhaps the forensic results came back. Or both.

Maybe they interviewed the impostor who gave Doug up or who was able to set Doug up and get him to talk about murdering Venus while they were wired or speaking on a phone that was tapped.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad he's been charged! I am not, however, happy that Venus is apparently dead. This is just horrible news.

I'm sorry to have had to be the one to break this news...it's very sad. We're local and we just happened to hear about it through the local grapevine...I had no links at the time. I hope I didn't cross any lines by posting it, but I thought everyone here should know what was going down.

I thought so. I figured if it were not rumor a link would be available online within a few hours at most......

Sometimes we do have breaking news here at WS a little bit before it hits the media. I've seen it happen a few times.

No lines crossed.

I was hoping for the sake of the girls he wouldn't be involved.

It's interesting to me how he is suddenly arrested for Venus's murder after the documents in the civil child molestation case became public.

respectfully snipped. It is odd. Maybe he knew his goose was cooked and he fessed up with a deal of somekind. I'm taking a wild guess at the sexual abuse charges being dropped in exchange for a murder plea of some kind and details where her body was located? Pure speculation, but that is the first thought which popped into my head after this news about his arrest for Venus' murder was confirmed via the pp links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine