Teens return purse with $8000 inside

raeann

Reaction score
This article is one that makes you smile-- with tears in your eyes, too.

These teens found a purse along a road with $8000 case inside and turned it in to police. It belonged to an older lady who had collected the money for a memorial for her husband. Weeks later, when the 8 teens were given an unexpected $150 each in reward money, they decided to give that money to friends whose mother had just died from cancer.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story...money-are-honored/qQ5IXnQR10aJyJ67938B6w.cspx

Thanks Raeann, I honestly needed a happy story. This story reminded me of the movie 'Pay It Forward'...I'm sure their parents are very proud, as they should be!

Thank goodness for the teens who have values and honesty!!!
and the parents that raised such wonderful teens!!!

amazing ... those kids give me more hope for our future

thanks for posting a happy story!

One good deed after another, still never expecting anything in return.

Wish this happened more often. Thanks for posting this!

The article is a breath of fresh air, and to top it off they gave the reward money away. It gives me hope for the younger generation.

What a wonderful story. It makes one believe in the world again and all the good we have in people, esp. our children/ teens. It is amazing they all gave the reward money to one of the friends whose mother just died. This story brought much joy to me. We need more people like this in the world. These kids were raised with good values and morals.

Goz

The teens are too be congratulated on their honesty. BUT why was someone carrying around $8000.00 in cash in this day in age? Normal people just don't do that.

so the police and old lady didnt accuse the kids of stealing the purse to try to get reward money?

sorry im still jaded after the nonsense with the 14 year old 'abducting' the 3 year old in florida

The teens are too be congratulated on their honesty. BUT why was someone carrying around $8000.00 in cash in this day in age? Normal people just don't do that.

It was money received in memorial donations from the funeral of the husband of the person who lost the purse. From the original articles written about the case, I think it was stated that she was either going to deposit it or was taking it to the charitable organization where the memorial was to be established. I will try to locate one of those articles to be sure.

so the police and old lady didnt accuse the kids of stealing the purse to try to get reward money?

sorry im still jaded after the nonsense with the 14 year old 'abducting' the 3 year old in florida

No, I believe it was known to be lost by having been left on the car top and driving off... or something of that sort....am going now to find the first articles if they are still available.

HERE is the link, the original info is on the lower part of the article. The purse was left on top of the car when the elderly lady was in the city paying a bill.

http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=12585146

No, I believe it was known to be lost by having been left on the car top and driving off... or something of that sort....am going now to find the first articles if they are still available.

HERE is the link, the original info is on the lower part of the article. The purse was left on top of the car when the elderly lady was in the city paying a bill.

http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=12585146

i know reann i was just being a dork.

but seriously, i saw a case on judge judy once where this woman sued this mother and her daughter for 'kidnapping' her dog for 'ransom' (reward money) when all they did was return the dog when it got lost.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back