767 users online (193 members and 574 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2010.06.23 - Gates talks about tips

"Investigators in Kyron Horman disappearance say they're not ignoring tips"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...on_horman.html

"If we released everything that we knew, we'd get all kinds of people that call in with all kinds of theories. What we want is when we get tips to get fresh information. If we get a call with details that haven't gone out, we know that person is a credible witness," Gates said. "That's integral to the case and that's going to help us solve it. When we release tidbits of information to the public, it's definitely in order to help us solve this case.

"Until we solve this case, the public does not have a right to know the details. Once we solve the case, they have every right to."

Article also provides insight into how LE is prioritizing and processing tips that are coming in from across the country...including psychics

Seems like it's been a long time since we've heard from Capt. Gates. Always reassures me when I find quotes from him.
    Last edited by Lavender; 06-24-2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Trying to fix link

This makes perfect sense to me and renews my hope that LE knows exactly what they are doing and have some credible leads and probably a POI/suspect.

Lavender that link isn't taking me to the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzedek View Post
    This makes perfect sense to me and renews my hope that LE knows exactly what they are doing and have some credible leads and probably a POI/suspect.
    Ditto!

Investigators in Kyron Horman disappearance say they're not ignoring tips

The Wall of Hope for Kyron Horman at Skyline School grew Wednesday with balloons, cards and gifts.

In the three weeks since Kyron Horman disappeared from his grade school, investigators have remained tight-lipped about their work except for one thing: They have repeatedly asked the public to call in tips and replay the day in their heads to jog any memories that may help find the 7-year-old

Here is a link

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    Lavender that link isn't taking me to the article.
    I tried to fix the link. I think it works now. Please try and let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Oh, didn't see that you provided one that worked. Thank you so much for doing that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
    I tried to fix the link. I think it works now. Please try and let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Oh, didn't see that you provided one that worked. Thank you so much for doing that!
    It is working now, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzedek View Post
    Me too. I'm thinking maybe they have a lot of circumstantial evidence and hoping that they are just waiting to find Kyron before they make an arrest.

I've been crossing my fingers all day that the (ever so slightly) improving forecast will bring a turn in the case, since water levels will be going down and water seems to be where they've been focused, at least on SI.

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    I always remind myself that he said they don't need a body to make an arrest. It was at the last PC IIRC.

Sending good energy to LE to help figure out what happened, and bring Kyron home.

I like the use of the word WHEN here, no hesitation at all, WHEN we solve this case. I think they have it pretty much figured out they just dont want to jeoperdize the investigation. It does erk me a bit that they will not at least confirm or deny if Terri is a suspect. but I guess they have thier reasons. I just see LE treating this case just like Haleighs case, which is frustrating, they want the publics help but do not even return calls so that the tipster knows they got the call. ODD
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
    "Investigators in Kyron Horman disappearance say they're not ignoring tips"

"If we released everything that we knew, we'd get all kinds of people that call in with all kinds of theories. What we want is when we get tips to get fresh information. If we get a call with details that haven't gone out, we know that person is a credible witness," Gates said. "That's integral to the case and that's going to help us solve it. When we release tidbits of information to the public, it's definitely in order to help us solve this case.

"Until we solve this case, the public does not have a right to know the details. Once we solve the case, they have every right to."
    BBM. That seems to be the crux of it. What they need right now is info they don't already have, from a credible witness. That's understandable. They need to crack the case, or if they've already cracked it, they need definitive evidence, so they can move forward to the next step. Makes sense.

"We have detectives going through each and every tip that goes in," Gates said. "Quite frankly, some of those tips are worthless, but it's a process of what are viable to follow up on and what aren't."

Are they having a press conference soon.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    "We have detectives going through each and every tip that goes in," Gates said. "Quite frankly, some of those tips are worthless, but it's a process of what are viable to follow up on and what aren't."

I feel no lead is worthless.ALL leads are important.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast