873 users online (116 members and 757 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1

    Search for a possible POI - Summary of statements from LE

    There is so much speculation here about KH being taken by someone like a UPS driver, electrician working at the school, janitor, teacher, school volunteer, parent of a child at the school, older child at the school, some random SO that had a moment of opportunity, etc. It gets so dizzying that I tend to lose focus quickly.

    Obviously, no one here has the information that LE has. I highly trust LE including the FBI. They are professionals and we are not. So, please help me by summarizing the information from LE, and other reliable published reports, and see what they suggests might be the most logical focus for a POI.

    Again, no one knows who LE has as their focus (POI), and everyone's opinion is valid. It may very well turn out that one of the above mentioned senarios turns out to be the case. However, I want to focus on what LE has said to this point that somewhat suggests their POI. There are so many good posters here, so please help me with any additional statements or articles that support and counter a particular possible POI as related with LE.

    1. Kyron's stepmother reports she last saw him at approximately 845 AM Friday, walking down the hallway towards his classroom. School staff report not seeing him after 845 AM and that he did not make it to his classroom.

    From the June 5 LE statement.

    2. "What I can tell you is that we have no reason to believe that this is anything other than an isolated case," Gates said.

    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/09/...boy/index.html

    3. "The leads that are being provided would not suggest that it would be a national search at this point," Gates said.
    "We don't have enough information to satisfy the criteria to complete an Amber Alert or issue an Amber Alert," Gates explained. "Amber Alerts are designed to find children very quickly when we have specific information."

    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/09/...boy/index.html

    4. Terri is the last person known to have seen him before he disappeared.

    LE statement June 18

    Last edited by JBean; 06-24-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: removed info not reported by LE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,707
    http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-3...witter%3A34328


    Excerpt pertaining to this thread:

    "Question: Is Kyron’s uncle’s arrest for child molestation in Seattle, Wash., part of this investigation?

    Lt. Lindstrand: Yes, I can say that it is part of the investigation."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,345
    Quote Originally Posted by chargers2010 View Post
    There is so much speculation here about KH being taken by someone like a UPS driver, electrician working at the school, janitor, teacher, school volunteer, parent of a child at the school, older child at the school, some random SO that had a moment of opportunity, etc. It gets so dizzying that I tend to lose focus quickly.

    Obviously, no one here has the information that LE has. I highly trust LE including the FBI. They are professionals and we are not. So, please help me by summarizing the information from LE, and other reliable published reports, and see what they suggests might be the most logical focus for a POI.

    Again, no one knows who LE has as their focus (POI), and everyone's opinion is valid. It may very well turn out that one of the above mentioned senarios turns out to be the case. However, I want to focus on what LE has said to this point that somewhat suggests their POI. There are so many good posters here, so please help me with any additional statements or articles that support and counter a particular possible POI as related with LE.

    1. Kyron's stepmother reports she last saw him at approximately 845 AM Friday, walking down the hallway towards his classroom. School staff report not seeing him after 845 AM and that he did not make it to his classroom.

    From the June 5 LE statement.

    2. "What I can tell you is that we have no reason to believe that this is anything other than an isolated case," Gates said.

    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/09/...boy/index.html

    3. "The leads that are being provided would not suggest that it would be a national search at this point," Gates said.
    "We don't have enough information to satisfy the criteria to complete an Amber Alert or issue an Amber Alert," Gates explained. "Amber Alerts are designed to find children very quickly when we have specific information."

    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/09/...boy/index.html

    4. Terri is the last person known to have seen him before he disappeared.

    LE statement June 18

    Makes PERFECT sense to me...not pointing fingers at anyone....just going with LE & what has been released. ~ thank you.
    Last edited by JBean; 06-24-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: edit quoted post


  4. #4
    I forgot a big one to add to the list! LE sent out a questionnaire asking for detailed information from eyewitnesses on TH and her whereabouts on June 4 relating to Skyline school.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by chargers2010 View Post
    There is so much speculation here about KH being taken by someone like a UPS driver, electrician working at the school, janitor, teacher, school volunteer, parent of a child at the school, older child at the school, some random SO that had a moment of opportunity, etc. It gets so dizzying that I tend to lose focus quickly.

    Obviously, no one here has the information that LE has. I highly trust LE including the FBI. They are professionals and we are not. So, please help me by summarizing the information from LE, and other reliable published reports, and see what they suggests might be the most logical focus for a POI.

    Again, no one knows who LE has as their focus (POI), and everyone's opinion is valid. It may very well turn out that one of the above mentioned senarios turns out to be the case. However, I want to focus on what LE has said to this point that somewhat suggests their POI. There are so many good posters here, so please help me with any additional statements or articles that support and counter a particular possible POI as related with LE.

    1. Kyron's stepmother reports she last saw him at approximately 845 AM Friday, walking down the hallway towards his classroom. School staff report not seeing him after 845 AM and that he did not make it to his classroom.

    From the June 5 LE statement.

    2. "What I can tell you is that we have no reason to believe that this is anything other than an isolated case," Gates said.

    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/09/...boy/index.html

    3. "The leads that are being provided would not suggest that it would be a national search at this point," Gates said.
    "We don't have enough information to satisfy the criteria to complete an Amber Alert or issue an Amber Alert," Gates explained. "Amber Alerts are designed to find children very quickly when we have specific information."

    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/09/...boy/index.html

    4. Terri is the last person known to have seen him before he disappeared.

    LE statement June 18
    Looking at the title of this thread - Summary of Statements from LE - LE hasn't said they've given anyone a lie detector test, have they? IIRC, when asked about it, they said "no comment"?

    I think a thread to keep track of direct quotes from LE in this case for reference could be very helpful.
    Last edited by JBean; 06-24-2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: -edit quoted post

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chargers2010 View Post
    I forgot a big one to add to the list! LE sent out a questionnaire asking for detailed information from eyewitnesses on TH and her whereabouts on June 4 relating to Skyline school.
    Actually, there's only one question in the questionnaire regarding TH, and it doesn't ask for any detailed info. It simply has a yes/no to circle:

    Adult section:
    8. At any time did you see TERRI HORMAN at or near the school? YES / NO

    Children's section:
    6. Did your child see KYRONís step-mom, TERRI on 6/4/10, at or near the school?
    YES / NO

    Even the truck question doesn't ask anything about the Horman's truck - only 'a' truck:

    Adult section:
    9. At any time did you see a White Ford F250 Truck at or near the school? YES / NO

    Children's section:
    7. Did your child see a White Ford F250 Truck on 6/4/10 at or near the school? YES / NO

    http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/im...readobe.hm.pdf

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,534
    "Summary of statements from LE"

    Gonna be a mighty short list, as they've made few definitive statements. And anything about anyone taking a lie detector ain't one of 'em.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,285
    perhaps you should tweak the title of the thread (based on this article/interview with LE) to "what are the tidbits"

    ~snip~

    When we release tidbits of information to the public, it's definitely in order to help us solve this case.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...on_horman.html

    perhaps it would be good to make a list of the "tidbits"?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,285
    here is another 'tidbit' from that same article/link:

    Gates says:

    "they're working through the tips, but are focused on leads close-to-home "

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,534
    June 4th:

    MSCO PIO timeline:

    1) What time was 9-1-1 called?

    Answer: BOEC* received call at 1556 (3:56 p.m.). Dispatched to police units at 1559 (3:59 p.m.).

    2) When did the first officers arrive on scene?

    Answer: Portland Police Bureau and Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office units arrived at 1633 (4:33 p.m.) simultaneously at Skyline school and Kyron’s home.

    3) Who made the call?

    Answer: Skyline School secretary Susan Hall.

    4) What time was FBI notified?

    Answer: Between 2030 (8:30 p.m.) and 2050 (8:50 p.m.).

    5) When did Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office notify media?

    Answer: Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office PIO was notified between 1900 (7:00 p.m.) and 1915 (7:15 p.m.) while providing a tour at the Multnomah County Justice Center. PIO returned pages from media and told them to meet PIO in the area of the school. PIO arrived at 2015 (8:15 p.m.), met with present media and provided them with Kyron’s photo. This was followed up by the PIO emailing photo to Portland TV and Oregonlive

    http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom/K...O_timeline.pdf

    *BOEC is the area 911 call center.

    http://www.portlandonline.com/911/in...a=6829&c=26662


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    here is another 'tidbit' from that same article/link:

    Gates says:

    "they're working through the tips, but are focused on leads close-to-home "
    The full sentence that snippet is taken from:

    Capt. Jason Gates said Wednesday that Kyron's disappearance is the biggest investigation Multnomah County has ever handled and they're working through the tips, but are focused on leads close-to-home and aren't always calling back people with duplicate information.

    Looks to me, particularly in the context of the entire article, and the full sentence, that they mean they're focusing on local tips, versus tips they're receiving from across the country. If indeed that's what Gates said, versus the reporter's retelling of what Gates said. I really prefer direct quotes - and reporters even get those wrong. Yay for videos of LE making statements!

  12. #12
    Wise Old Owl's Avatar
    Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South FloriDUH
    Posts
    13,621
    From the article:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...on_horman.html

    "If we released everything that we knew, we'd get all kinds of people that call in with all kinds of theories. What we want is when we get tips to get fresh information. If we get a call with details that haven't gone out, we know that person is a credible witness," Gates said. "That's integral to the case and that's going to help us solve it. When we release tidbits of information to the public, it's definitely in order to help us solve this case.

    I believe that tells us LE has "details". That's a good sign! It has me wondering what "details" they have that HAVEN'T gone out - what do they know?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,534
    June 5th:

    Kyron reported missing through 911.

    Initial search involving multiple officers.

    When apparent not going to be an immediate find, began to deploy multiple jurisdictional/multidisciplinary resources.

    Kyron always rides the bus to school, except on days where there is a special event.

    Resources involved include SAR and a detective's response. Organizations: MCSO, multiple other counties, state police, Portland police bureau, NG, FBI, and 2 canine units involved since the beginning.

    Family "nothing less than completely cooperative". (stated at least 3 times)

    Conducting exhaustive ground and air search, asked public to search their own property.

    No civilian volunteer searchers, effects efficiency and safety of operation.

    Announces interviews of parents and students on Sunday with detectives.

    A detective detachment going door-to-door.

    All available officers and deputies called in for initial search, then "upped the ante" by calling in other resources.

    This did NOT qualify for Amber Alert.

    No indication what direction Kyron would have left from school.

    Infra-red used in search.

    Search dogs immediately after this was reported, more called in. No positive hits.

    There is specific information that allows LE to narrow the time frame down.

    (first mention of liason?) "We have somebody with them [family] all the time". They are receiving constant updates.

    http://www.kptv.com/video/23805637/index.html

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cahoots
    Posts
    6,534
    June 6th:

    SAR and canine searches continue.

    Interviews filled in the gaps of the timeline.

    Able to narrow the focus, and able to "shut down a lot of avenues that needed to be closed". Information has brought it down to "a very narrow focus".

    "The last time he was seen was here at the school and that was on Friday, about a late hour in the morning" and through interviews have determined he wasn't present after that point. He was seen near his classroom near an entrance to the school.

    Compiling information and it has been consistent throughout the process.

    http://www.kptv.com/video/23805637/index.html

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Actually, there's only one question in the questionnaire regarding TH, and it doesn't ask for any detailed info. It simply has a yes/no to circle:

    Adult section:
    8. At any time did you see TERRI HORMAN at or near the school? YES / NO

    Children's section:
    6. Did your child see KYRONís step-mom, TERRI on 6/4/10, at or near the school?
    YES / NO

    Even the truck question doesn't ask anything about the Horman's truck - only 'a' truck:

    Adult section:
    9. At any time did you see a White Ford F250 Truck at or near the school? YES / NO

    Children's section:
    7. Did your child see a White Ford F250 Truck on 6/4/10 at or near the school? YES / NO

    http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/im...readobe.hm.pdf
    I don't know why but something struck me when reading your post, even though it doesn't contain anything I haven't read already.

    What made me go hmmm.... was #9 At anytime did you see a White Ford 250 at or near the school?

    I'm thinking TH was never at the school that morning but her truck was. It is such a big white truck it would be impossible not to see it. Perhaps TH parked it there for all to see and therefore leaving those attending the Science Fair with the impression she was there.

    moo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Summary
    By LINative13 in forum Long Island Serial Killer
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-18-2013, 06:07 PM
  2. Summary of Evidence
    By Roy23 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 09:50 AM