CA - Couple tried to sell baby at Walmart

Cher352

Reaction score
We got two people trying to sell a baby for $25.00 and then we have a woman that combed through birth announcements in a paper who stabs a couple to steal their child.

What is going on?

Patrick Fousek's Facebook. Note there's the cutest dang baby on it.

http://www.facebook.com/Pat.foos71

Uh-Oh Samantha Tomasini's friends aren't too happy judging by the comments on her "I love Samantha Tomasini's" Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salinas-CA/I-love-Samantha-Tomasini/131401052888

Also judging by the long letter she wrote on Fousek's Myspace about a year ago there's a power trip went on in those dynamics. JMO. She's 20. He's 38. Often an age difference like that works but I am none too keen on it when the younger party hasn't lived yet. Apparently she claims back then she was in the gutter and he got her out.

(((((sigh)))))

Now they both were in the gutter and had their baby with them way down in it. This girl in her mugshot you wouldn't even know she is this same girl. That meth messed her face UP.

Fousek's Myspace. Back in February he was a happy man. Loved his family. Loved his cat.
What happened? Meth?

http://www.myspace.com/patrickfousek

I would have bought the baby and within 10 seconds, called the police, social services and then screamed at the top of my lungs to attract as much attention as I could till these were arrested. uurrghhhhhhhh

Interesting that the report says police found them at their house, that they were under the influence of Meth, and that mom admitted to breastfeeding the baby while she was on drugs. I'm guessing that Meth costs about $25?

Going by the mug shots, it appears mom has been using for a while= she has classic Meth skin.

Kind of sad that on his MySpace page, back in July 2009 there's tons of messages left from the mom to the dad saying how much in love she was, thanking him for getting her off drugs, etc. Then, the last comment in 2010 from her is telling him off.

What's really sad is that eventually the baby will be given back to them. ugh.

Well she Twittered and wanted her baby to win a cutest baby contest.

Of course she did.

http://twitter.com/scorpiomom89

I know this is unbelievably sad. It's frightening. It's chaos. These people (parents) put this baby in so much danger daily I am sure, but this girl is 20. I know, I know that's an adult. I know. I am not excusing it. However, I mean you're 20 and with an older guy of 38 and you have this precious baby and this baby is adorable. You're hooked on meth? I mean that's sad.

Again, please don't beat me up. It's just really da*n sad. I always have a problem with young people on drugs. That can be anybody. Still you're a mother. It's your job to protect that baby.

Oh who wants to bet they met at rehab or a meeting? Two dead batteries don't start a car.

Well I'll be darned. Look what I found.

This is the twin brother who figured in on the baby sale as well. However, Patrick Fousek was there as well while his son played on the floor when there was maturic acid and a propane lighter in the next room.

Search warrants. Legal documents and all.

http://www.fearnotlaw.com/articles/article22239.html

Let's throw more into the game. He was arrested on April 10th. Two months ago on a warrant out for his arrest. Yet, he's still able to try and sell his own baby for $25.00?

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/opin...r-man-59-arrested-on-suspicion-of-petty-theft

I read this story last night and knew you guys would be all over it. Salinas is a town I know well. It's John Steinbeck country and breathtakingly beautiful. Think of the "Long Valley". However, Salinas has a horrible problem with poverty, gangs, and drug use.

We all agree that this is about as low as it can get. I just thank God that they needed the money and tried to sell the child rather than killing the child because it cried too much.

I wish that this story and a video of it could be made available to all middle school kids (the average age when kids first try meth). There's not a child around that doesn't realize how precious babies are in our society. I think that having kids watch this play out would affect them greatly. I've long watched the impact (and controversy) over the Montana Meth Project ad campaign and I'm a firm supporter of it:

http://www.montanameth.org/

Click on "View Ads". No one who watches those videos will ever forget them. I hope the MMP is paying attention as I think they were just handed a story line. Who really wants to grow up and be that mom or that dad?

This baby is adorable! I would have given $25 and much more for this baby!

Ohhhhhhhh! Poor baby. Hope she gets a good home!

Salem

The baby will be much better off now. Now there is a chance the baby will be given to a normal couple who wants a baby and be raised in a good environment with love and care.

Drug addicts like this couple should not have children till they get some rehab. What a very sad story. So many want children and can't have them. I would have paid much more to have taken the child off their hands.

I still find this so sad and and hard to believe. This breaks ones heart to read .

Goz

I am, of course, relieved and delighted that this little one was saved. I don't want to spoil the party. However, as an advocate, I feel I must remind everyone that this child is most likely severely damaged.

Our eight youngest were prenatally drug exposed. The older seven were exposed to crack cocaine and our youngest son was exposed to meth. Crack cocaine affects the intellect but not reasoning, typically. Most children exposed to crack do understand natural consequences. They are just hampered by learning disabilities, lowered IQ, and often other health problems. Fortunately almost all children exposed to crack have peaks and valleys in their intellect. Those peaks are often true gifts. It is not uncommon to find children who are gifted artistically, athletically or musically--all without being able to read or do math past a first grade level or make change or drive. Of our seven, four have achieved a level of success as adults. They still require massive amounts of personal and taxpayer supports, though. Children never "grow out" of these challenges. They can, with help and support, learn coping skills.

Our youngest son, who was exposed to meth, is another story entirely. I've worked in the arena of child welfare for over 30 years and nothing can prepare you for observing the after-effects of meth. It is shocking. Most children born exposed have a true lack of understanding of natural consequences. Behavior modification or modeling rarely work. These children often require constant supervision for their own safety. When I used to do trainings on the home management of meth-exposed children, I often described them as seeming as if they were on meth itself. They commonly have quick tempers, a lack of empathy, do not learn from past mistakes, do not process spoken language normally, have little fear of danger and a high tolerance to pain.

They can be adorable babies, toddlers, and young children but as they grow, they often develop physical markers of the meth abuse. They also are at a much higher risk to abuse meth as teens or adults. Studies have shown that boys suffer more than girls and that subsequent boys born to a meth using mother suffer the most. Our son was the fourth son born to a meth using mom and dad.

Our son required a personal aid at all times throughout his 14 years of public school. He required special education. He required medication. We went to months of training to learn how to manage his behaviors and how to keep our other children and ourselves safe. Still, he managed to break my pelvis and knock me unconscious twice. He head- butted little girls in elementary school if they bumped into him. He cursed at men five times his size when he was a child playing at the park.

He recently turned 18 and reconnected with his birth mother and two brothers. Within days he was in jail for assaulting them. He has literally worn out the homeless shelters, churches, and youth work centers in this state. There are not many communities that do not know him by name and he's only been living on his own for 16 months.

This son came to us at age three and was the cutest little guy you've ever seen. He had been removed from his parents' care as they were caught "hot-boxing" with him--smoking meth in a closed up car--when he was 8 months old. His older brothers were already in foster care. We chose not to accept the placement of those boys as they were already killing pets at the ages of 4 and 6.

Our son had 15 years of loving and experienced parenting, the best schools and educational support, a houseful of patient and caring siblings and pets, and a community which gave him chance after chance. Yet his core being will always be damaged. Due to his foster care and adoption subsidies, numerous juvenile detention stay, frequent hospitalizations due to injury, medication costs, special education, and adult jail time; he is costing the Oregon taxpayers a heck of a lot of money.

While I celebrate the rescue of this innocent child and pray that this little one will miraculously be spared ill affects, I have to remind everyone that we need to move up the chain to prevent this exposure. There's no going back. A brain damaged by prenatal drug or alcohol exposure does not heal. Often, there's no way to turn the ship around.

That is a frightening forecast, Mizzizzy. I can only hope that the mother didn't do drugs during the pregnancy. Probably a forlorn hope, but you never know. I hope this child will have every opportunity to gain it's full potential. I wonder if there is a difference between being exposed prenatally and being fed breast milk from a user?

A busted eye and messed up ribs. Couple of stitches. Out of general population. I wonder how his lady faire is doing? Plenty of women in jail won't be happy she tried to sell her baby.

Miss Izzy thank you for that information. Very sad.

Belinda this is only a guess. Just a guess. I think it would make a difference if she didn't use while the baby was in utero as opposed to breast feeding. Considering all the developmental stuff that goes on in utero. Not saying it's a go using while breast feeding either, but there's probably a difference.

Awful, awful, awful drug. Back in the late 70's and early 80's Philly was like meth capital of the world. "Crank". All kinds of crazy people running around buying P2P. Sort of on topic I had a beautiful, beautiful friend from High School. She became my best friend. She moved a ways down the shore after school and started doing meth. I didn't even know what it was, but to see my friend like 6 months later a shell. Broke my heart. 80 pounds and her pretty face full of huge lumps. All picked from the bugs under her skin.

She died. Full blown HIV. It ripped my heart out but I had to cut her off. That makes you crazy that drug. I miss her to this day. The real her.

Prayers for this little baby and this nutters son. Lord only knows what will happen to the mom when she gets out. She probably already is out. It will take a mountain to help her.

25 bucks.

great. that right there shows you what they think about her :(

btw, you know where i stand on the baby. i dont give up hope just cause she had a rough start.

And, like I said before, no doubt once mommy and daddy play nice in the sandbox for a while and do whatever kissing @ss they have to in order to get out of jail, you can bet thay will get the baby back. Because for some reason there are rules that say that parents have more rights than the children they have abused.

When are we going to get laws that say "you eff up, you lose your kids permanently"? Not- we'll put them in foster care and house them until you want them back? Put them up for permanent adoption immediately!

I speak from experience. I was put up for adoption at birth. I was in and out of group homes, foster care, etc. I had four different families file to adopt me between the age of 0-6, and each time the court went back and asked my bio mother if it was ok. No, it was not. She would take me back, then abandon me with someone, I'd end up in foster care or group homes, and the whole thing would start again. I was told that the third time I was almost adopted that the adoptive parents were so angry at the court that they told them that my bio mother would have to pick me up naked, because she didn't deserve to even have had someone pay for my clothing after what she did. I was finally adopted permanently when I was 6.

My bio mother kept my younger brother. He ended up on meth and hung himself from a light fixture on Thanksgiving day 10 years ago. I am a FIRM believer that bio parents do NOT get 2nd chances. 3rd chances, forever chances the way our courts let them.

I am pretty sure that breastfeeding while on meth will eff a child up. I was on antibiotics while breastfeeding my oldest son, and it messed him up- and that's not even drugs. Think about it- you are supposedly breastfeeding, passing hormones that help bond your child to you, hormones that make them feel good, and trust people- but instead, they are getting whacked out on meth? No chance that kid isn't messed up.

I say take the child away permanently now and adopt them out. What is scary is how young the mom is. What do you think the chances are she's going to get knocked up right away are going to be?

Makes me sick.

And, like I said before, no doubt once mommy and daddy play nice in the sandbox for a while and do whatever kissing @ss they have to in order to get out of jail, you can bet thay will get the baby back. Because for some reason there are rules that say that parents have more rights than the children they have abused.

When are we going to get laws that say "you eff up, you lose your kids permanently"? Not- we'll put them in foster care and house them until you want them back? Put them up for permanent adoption immediately!

I speak from experience. I was put up for adoption at birth. I was in and out of group homes, foster care, etc. I had four different families file to adopt me between the age of 0-6, and each time the court went back and asked my bio mother if it was ok. No, it was not. She would take me back, then abandon me with someone, I'd end up in foster care or group homes, and the whole thing would start again. I was told that the third time I was almost adopted that the adoptive parents were so angry at the court that they told them that my bio mother would have to pick me up naked, because she didn't deserve to even have had someone pay for my clothing after what she did. I was finally adopted permanently when I was 6.

My bio mother kept my younger brother. He ended up on meth and hung himself from a light fixture on Thanksgiving day 10 years ago. I am a FIRM believer that bio parents do NOT get 2nd chances. 3rd chances, forever chances the way our courts let them.

I am pretty sure that breastfeeding while on meth will eff a child up. I was on antibiotics while breastfeeding my oldest son, and it messed him up- and that's not even drugs. Think about it- you are supposedly breastfeeding, passing hormones that help bond your child to you, hormones that make them feel good, and trust people- but instead, they are getting whacked out on meth? No chance that kid isn't messed up.

I say take the child away permanently now and adopt them out. What is scary is how young the mom is. What do you think the chances are she's going to get knocked up right away are going to be?

Makes me sick.

Glorybug,

There's no way that I can ever even imagine your pain. Still I am so very sorry. So so sorry.

Thanks for sharing that though as it will help someone else I am sure. Again, no words are enough.

Reminds me of Baby Gabriel...

Calif couple tried to sell baby at Walmart
The Associated Press
Friday, June 25, 2010 1:53 AM EDT

SALINAS, Calif. (AP) — A California couple faces child endangerment charges after police say they tried to sell their 6-month-old baby for $25 outside a Walmart store.​

Rest of the story-
http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...GHVL6G0@news.ap.org>&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS
PICTURE TELLS IT ALL.
they are junkies. glad someone called the cops.

Makes me sick.
It is so sad to read your story :(
But I am afraid our laws fall short of doing what is right by the kids.
In most cases the unreliable parents use the kids to get welfare, and other benefits.
In this case by looking at them, they just wanted to buy drugs, and then they would say the kid was kidnapped. ONLY so they can use the child again in some way :sick:
We should have a law that if a parent is not accountable the kid would be adopted out to another family. the State does not want them, they dont want to raise kids. But they should make sure the kids are cared for if they come from abusive homes. Negligence is abuse too.
JMO

Glorybug--Thank you for sharing that story. I wish you the very best. I hope you find a way to tell your story to a wide audience. The organization I worked for for 15 years is a great place to start. It is the North American Council on Adoptable Children. They are always looking for former foster children to write and speak about their experiences. You can check them out here:

http://nacac.org/

http://nacac.org/adoptalk/adoptalkarticles.html#personalstories

My children would agree with you as those who were relinquished or taken at birth have, without exception, gone on to do extremely well, regardless of drug exposure. Those who were in numerous placements and returned time and again to birthmoms have struggled.

There's an interesting little backstory as to how we got our youngest son. We'd just moved into our state and had 12 children--10 at home. We frequently took the children to parks to play. Unbeknownst to us, we were being watched. A local foster mother (now a teacher) watched us and liked what she saw. She'd fostered a number of meth exposed little ones and knew the challenges. She knew that they can be adorable but will bring down all but the toughest parents.

Tragically, she had just suffered the pain of a child's death. Her young foster son, whom she had raised since birth, had been returned at age 3 to his birthmom as she was supposedly now clean. I can't imagine losing a 3 year old who I loved as my own but that's why I've never done regular foster care. Anyway, there was much hoopla made about the mom and boy being reunited. Two days later, he drowned in the bathtub. The mom was high as she couldn't deal with the stress of parenting a challenging toddler.

The foster mother grieved horribly. She was also parenting our little guy and she was determined that he would not meet the same fate. She literally marched into DHS and said, "I've found G's family. Check them out." I kid you not. Five months in the state and with a house full of kids, we got a call offering us the adoption of this three year old. We met him at the park and he was a cutie. Oh, but he was wild. DHS moved fast and he was placed with us within weeks. His birthmom even took part in the process and agreed to the placement to avoid a parental rights termination trial.

My point is that even if parents get clean without their children in the home, nothing can prepare them for the full time parenting of a meth exposed toddler. My husband and I were stone cold sober (we had our wine ONLY after the children's bedtime LOL) but raising that child was one of the toughest things we've ever done. That's the irony. Parents who use drugs do not have the "easy" children. Those who get clean, reclaim their children, and manage to raise them in sobriety have my greatest respect.

A point that I was constantly reminded of by therapists and workers is that it is rare to find a child only exposed to one drug. Most drug-using pregnant women (and sadly very few stop using during pregnancy) also abuse alcohol and pot to come down from the meth. Alcohol, especially, is extremely damaging during pregnancy and its effects never go away either. Sadly, the fetus is also highly affected by domestic violence and the mother's level of anxiety during the pregnancy. A huge portion of drug-using moms do not seek prenatal care as they know they will be found out. Thus, they do not eat well, take their prenatal vitamins, nor get the medical support pregnant moms so desperately needs. Often, the first time a mom is seen by a doctor is when she presents at the hospital in labor. With our youngest children, not a single one received any prenatal care at all.

The bottom line is that babies born to drug using mothers have a very tough path ahead. They did not ask for what they've been handed. We, as a society cannot turn away from these vulnerable children. Please stay in contact with your legislators and fight for early-intervention programs. We have to stop this cycle.

how do we 'stop the cycle' exactly. that implies that todays' victims are all gonna be tommorrows abusers. that's a stereotype that i dont particuarly care for, as you welll know.

you cannot look at someone after they give birth and just guess 'well they are gonna be an abuser' and take the kid away. what you can do, is after they have done something to abuse the kid, is take the kid away AND NEVER GIVE HIM/HER BACK. and when a kid is born to two meth heads like in the above story, you take them away at birth. no parenting classes, no rehab, sorry, no 2nd chances.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back