Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 900

Thread: Joran Van der Sloot Confesses to Murdering Stephany Flores Ramirez #14

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,608
    Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post

    here is all i can find about the room descriptions... not sure which type of room he had tho...anyone?

    http://www.guiahostal.com/lima/hotel_tac.htm
    Thanks, NN! From the translated link you provided:

    ... with 80 rooms. between simple, 'Premium Double, Vips with TV 21 - tv29 Flat Screen, Jacuzzi and shower himself...

    It sounds as if only the premium rooms are equipped with a shower/bath.

    It shows some pictures of a room with a bath and/or jacuzzi.

    http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guiahostal.co m%2Flima%2Fhotel_tac.htm&sl=es&tl=en

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:


  3. #227
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    And did I miss this? He gave these belongings to one of the cab drivers? (If so, to dump for him.)

    http://www.radaronline.com/photos/im...oot#image-load
    How could he have given these items to the cabbie ... the shirt pictured here is the same as he was wearing when caught......
    OR Did joran just give him the 'shirt right off his back'......pardon me for leaving a little humor here......LOL

  4. #228
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post
    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Joran Van der Sloot Confesses to Murdering Stephany Flores Ramirez #13


    From your post in the above link:

    "I also counter the "fact" that Joran strangled Stephany with his own shirt with the previous "facts" that the murder weapon was a baseball bat, tennis racket or professional karate chop which broke her neck. All of these "facts" were not lost in translation, they came from the medical examiner or the chief of the investigation in Peru."

    It is simply not true that you have not asked for links regarding the facts of this case, Unreals. It was just a day or so ago that you asked for (and received) a link to the Hotel Tac. And, no... I'm not going to chase down that link, like I just did above, to prove it. You've asked for (and received) many links from the posters of this forum. I stand by my opinion that you're taking advantage of the posters of this forum to do the research for your book.

    I don't have (and won't have) any further questions of you.
    I said that they came from the medical examiner OR the chief of the investigation. I'm pretty certain the baseball bat was mentioned by the Peruvian police (at least for a day), but if it only came from Nancy Grace, then that is certainly a major television network. If I can't mention information broadcast from her show, then why does almost every poster here mention things they've seen on there? If discussion of the crime scene has to rely exclusively on sources you, or someone else here, trusts, then it seems to me that Nancy Grace, JVM, Geraldo, etc. should never be quoted on this forum. They obviously are, so why is my observation of the inconsistencies, reported by the same sources that provide the grist for virtually all the discussion on this forum, held to a different standard?

    I did ask for the hotel link, and if I didn't thank the person who provided it, I apologize and do so now. I really don't recall asking for any other links, except when questioning the rumors about Joran's past crimes, which as far as I know can all only be traced to anonymous Arubans. I resent the fact that you believe I am here to ask people to do research for me- what do you think I've been doing for the past several months? We've done plenty of research, and have an abundance of evidence.

    You keep saying I'm avoiding questions- what have I avoided? I told you that I can't give the names of any conspirators- how could I know that with any certainty? All I can do is use my prior knowledge of the events in Aruba, and assess the "facts" in this case as they are reported, and especially when they change. From all that, I have formed the theory that Joran was framed for the murder of Stephany, and that this was connected in some way to the Natalee Holloway case. I think I've made my views as clear as anyone else here. I haven't psychoanalyzed Joran from a distance with the confidence that many here have, or described in great detail exactly how he struck the blows, or what kind of fight Stephany put up, as others here have. That's fine- I'm not demanding that they provide proof for their scenarios.

    My speculation is just as valid as yours, or anyone else's.

  5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unreals For This Useful Post:


  6. #229
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post
    Thanks, NN! From the translated link you provided:

    ... with 80 rooms. between simple, 'Premium Double, Vips with TV 21 - tv29 Flat Screen, Jacuzzi and shower himself...

    It sounds as if only the premium rooms are equipped with a shower/bath.

    It shows some pictures of a room with a bath and/or jacuzzi.

    http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guiahostal.co m%2Flima%2Fhotel_tac.htm&sl=es&tl=en
    Thanks for that. I've been trying to contact the hotel to see if the room had a bath in it. This is crucial- if Joran's room had no bathroom, then it would have been impossible for him to clean up after this (at least the way it is being described now) bloody crime. If he left to clean up in the bathroom in the hall, then that should be visible on the video.

    He certainly looked clean (and calm) when he left the hotel.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unreals For This Useful Post:


  8. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreals View Post

    <respectively snipped>

    My speculation is just as valid as yours, or anyone else's.
    Absolutely! Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's on this forum. I've never said otherwise.

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:


  10. #231
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    In Aruba, the Lion's Club is a fraternal order of men.....

    Recently, Joran was telling someone:
    "I consider myself a handsome guy.
    I can meet the girls.
    But, they don't want to leave with me."
    Thanks Beatrice for the update on the Lion club.....didn't know that at all.

    As for the last line posted regarding......(why would he say they don't want to leave with him???) or could this be just a mix up in the translation....

    Where would he be taking them.......for them not wanting to leave with him.
    [/U][/I]

  11. #232
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,685
    The main problem I see, Unreals, is that your suppositions fly in the face of overwhelming amounts of evidence to the contrary. There are other threads where we debate back and forth as to whether we think someone is guilty or not. But, this is just so incredibly obvious. There is no conspiracy on earth that would set up a young girl to be killed, so that Joran could be bagged. I just don't believe that is possible. Further, were he innocent of even the Natalee case, he wouldn't have done so many things to make himself look guilty. That defies common sense. Innocent people do not behave as Joran has behaved for the last five years.

  12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:


  13. #233
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_1....html?tag=page

    Photo 8 - right foot. Vertical scar (stitches; ankle area) or grainy photo playing tricks on me?
    Very Good Epiphany......yeah I do see the vertical scar directly behind her ankle bone......

    No tricks being played here......

  14. #234
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    The main problem I see, Unreals, is that your suppositions fly in the face of overwhelming amounts of evidence to the contrary. There are other threads where we debate back and forth as to whether we think someone is guilty or not. But, this is just so incredibly obvious. There is no conspiracy on earth that would set up a young girl to be killed, so that Joran could be bagged. I just don't believe that is possible. Further, were he innocent of even the Natalee case, he wouldn't have done so many things to make himself look guilty. That defies common sense. Innocent people do not behave as Joran has behaved for the last five years.
    But that's just it- he looks TOO guilty. Five year anniversary of Natalee's disappearance. A dead body left behind in a room registered in his name. A security camera right outside his room, catching the victim and Joran going in, and only him leaving. Few crimes are that cut and dry. Few murderers are that stupid.

    If someone really, really wanted to get Joran, and finally punish him for a crime they think he commited and got away with, and wished for a perfect scenario, could Joran possibly have done a better job of granting their wish?

  15. #235
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    645
    [quote=21merc7;5334659]
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post

    I do wish we had the room plan or even a "video tour" hint, hint media folks.

    I would assume there was a shower, as Joran said he showered, but that could be wrong. It could have been a shower down the hall, a community shower.
    When the Hotel Tac website was available, it showed a rather modern shower stall in photos of the rooms. I haven't been able to access the website recently.
    “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.” - Elvis

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FLNY For This Useful Post:


  17. #236
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Straya!
    Posts
    10,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreals View Post
    But that's just it- he looks TOO guilty. Five year anniversary of Natalee's disappearance. A dead body left behind in a room registered in his name. A security camera right outside his room, catching the victim and Joran going in, and only him leaving. Few crimes are that cut and dry. Few murderers are that stupid.

    If someone really, really wanted to get Joran, and finally punish him for a crime they think he commited and got away with, and wished for a perfect scenario, could Joran possibly have done a better job of granting their wish?
    BBM ... I know....AMAZING isn't it....I can't argue with you there!

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:


  19. #237
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,608
    Quote Originally Posted by FLNY View Post

    When the Hotel Tac website was available, it showed a rather modern shower stall in photos of the rooms. I haven't been able to access the website recently.
    It shows some photos in this link, FLNY. But I'm not sure the shower stalls and baths are available in all rooms. I'm sure there was a sink and toilet in the 'economy' rooms, though. Sure would be nice to know for sure.

    http://translate.google.com/translat...tm&sl=es&tl=en

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:


  21. #238
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    439
    [quote=nervous_nellie;5334673]
    Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post

    here is all i can find about the room descriptions... not sure which type of room he had tho...anyone?

    http://www.guiahostal.com/lima/hotel_tac.htm
    Hi Nervous.....great link to the "Tacky" hotel.......pictures of the room are great.......

    INM Joran took the cheapest room as per the Clerks transcript.....$50

    If that is the case, I would imagine that his room didn't have the fancy shower stall.....but the tub kind as shown in the hotel room pictures.

    I also noted that the bedspread in the pictures seem to be the same as the one found in Room 309. Most hotels have the same spread throughout all their rooms.....when they order them from their bedding supply company.

    Again many thanks for posting this link.......thumbs up for you.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sanny For This Useful Post:


  23. #239
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreals View Post
    But that's just it- he looks TOO guilty. Five year anniversary of Natalee's disappearance. A dead body left behind in a room registered in his name. A security camera right outside his room, catching the victim and Joran going in, and only him leaving. Few crimes are that cut and dry. Few murderers are that stupid.

    If someone really, really wanted to get Joran, and finally punish him for a crime they think he commited and got away with, and wished for a perfect scenario, could Joran possibly have done a better job of granting their wish?
    I think it makes perfect sense if you consider that Joran probably didn't go to the room with the intention of killing her. He isn't that stupid. He lost his cool for some reason and beat her to death. Everything flows from there. He couldn't figure out a way to get rid of her body after he had already killed her and so took off. There would be no reason for him to flee Peru in the manner in which he did, if he had no involvement in the murder. He was scheduled to be at things that he didn't show up at. So, clearly he was intending to stick around until he up and killed Stephany.

  24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:


  25. #240
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    114
    I am shocked he didn't harm any of the hotel workers in a plight to destroy the videos when he looked up and noticed the camera in the hallway.
    I sometimes wonder if that is what he may have been trying to do when he went and got the one hotel worker to let him in his room. Maybe , push the worker in there as he was unlocking the door for him and then go grab the video recordings and flee the hotel.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~ Amy ~ For This Useful Post:


  27. #241
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    The main problem I see, Unreals, is that your suppositions fly in the face of overwhelming amounts of evidence to the contrary. There are other threads where we debate back and forth as to whether we think someone is guilty or not. But, this is just so incredibly obvious. There is no conspiracy on earth that would set up a young girl to be killed, so that Joran could be bagged. I just don't believe that is possible. Further, were he innocent of even the Natalee case, he wouldn't have done so many things to make himself look guilty. That defies common sense. Innocent people do not behave as Joran has behaved for the last five years.
    To add to Belinda's post, throughout all of this SF case, the only time that JVDS has ever once looked like a deer caught in the headlights, is the very moment he spotted that camera in the hallway. Oh he was framed alright, mouth open and slack-jawed, front and center in a gotcha kind of way.

    There are people framed every day, but the odds JVDS has truly been framed have to be something like a million to one. JMHO. Any bookies out there?

  28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:


  29. #242
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post
    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Joran Van der Sloot Confesses to Murdering Stephany Flores Ramirez #13


    From your post in the above link:

    "I also counter the "fact" that Joran strangled Stephany with his own shirt with the previous "facts" that the murder weapon was a baseball bat, tennis racket or professional karate chop which broke her neck. All of these "facts" were not lost in translation, they came from the medical examiner or the chief of the investigation in Peru."

    It is simply not true that you have not asked for links regarding the facts of this case, Unreals. It was just a day or so ago that you asked for (and received) a link to the Hotel Tac. And, no... I'm not going to chase down that link, like I just did above, to prove it. You've asked for (and received) many links from the posters of this forum. I stand by my opinion that you're taking advantage of the posters of this forum to do the research for your book.

    I don't have (and won't have) any further questions of you.
    Suzi........I guess that says it all......Good digging for the link re the baseball bat/tennis racket etc.

    What a 'sleuth' you are........kudos to ya, gal.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sanny For This Useful Post:


  31. #243
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreals View Post
    But that's just it- he looks TOO guilty. Five year anniversary of Natalee's disappearance. A dead body left behind in a room registered in his name. A security camera right outside his room, catching the victim and Joran going in, and only him leaving. Few crimes are that cut and dry. Few murderers are that stupid.

    If someone really, really wanted to get Joran, and finally punish him for a crime they think he commited and got away with, and wished for a perfect scenario, could Joran possibly have done a better job of granting their wish?

    Why don't you just come out with it unreals? You have this scenario so you must have someone in mind when you say someone really wanted to get Joran for a crime that they think he got away with.

    He may not be that stupid but he was probably that desperate. With Stephany being dead in his room he ran out of options and his stupidity was really acts of desperation. Many murderers become careless, that's how they get caught and many get caught by surveillance cams.

  32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:


  33. #244
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    I still firmly and sincerely believe the guy in the striped green shirt sitting accross from SF MAY have some knowledge or even more. JMO He arrives at the table approx the same time as JVS and then again, he arrives from his little cubby hole/hallway right before they get up to leave. While she is cashing in her chips is when JVS gives him the high 5.
    Possibly guy in the green striped shirt could be Erick Cabrera...he ended up coming in 3rd in the tournament:

    "And, there may be a new witness: Another "friend of Joran's", Erick Cabrera Cabrera, who reportedly was present in the casino the day Joran and Stephany Flores played poker together."

    Of course, this may have been another day when Joran and SF were together, not May 30.

    http://www.talkleft.com/story/2010/6/15/133534/559

    Or it could be Elton Garcia:

    "Reports vary about the last night. Some have Elton, Joran and Stephany playing poker together at an open table from 3:20 am, when she arrived at the casino alone, until 5:00 a.m. when Joran and Stephanie left together"

    http://www.talkleft.com/story/2010/6/7/153936/3294


    Here's a video of Elton Garcia. Not sure if he looks like the same guy as in the casino video...but they do both have long sideburns:

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_-9kDHtONg&feature=related[/ame]

    Just another conundrum!!
    “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.” - Elvis

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FLNY For This Useful Post:


  35. #245
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
    I'm sorry, I know none of this is funny in the least, however, they way you posted this and the fact that I just got home from work and am over tired, made me LOL. My dogs now KNOW that I'm not right.

    Sorry, just the look on his face, he knows the gig is up. I wish there had been one of these for when Natalee went missing. Stephany would still be alive and probably playing poker in the casino right now.
    I could look at this picture of JVDS all day and ROFLMAO at his thoughts when he spotted the camera......

    "OH *****............I knew I should'a put my Depends on......now I'm really in a mess !!"

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Sanny For This Useful Post:


  37. #246
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post
    Thanks, NN! From the translated link you provided:

    ... with 80 rooms. between simple, 'Premium Double, Vips with TV 21 - tv29 Flat Screen, Jacuzzi and shower himself...

    It sounds as if only the premium rooms are equipped with a shower/bath.

    It shows some pictures of a room with a bath and/or jacuzzi.

    http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guiahostal.co m%2Flima%2Fhotel_tac.htm&sl=es&tl=en
    IIRC, Joran said in his confession that he was paying $50/nt. for his room...so I'd assume he had a shower.
    “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.” - Elvis

  38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FLNY For This Useful Post:


  39. #247
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Exit 148
    Posts
    3,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreals View Post
    But that's just it- he looks TOO guilty. Five year anniversary of Natalee's disappearance. A dead body left behind in a room registered in his name. A security camera right outside his room, catching the victim and Joran going in, and only him leaving. Few crimes are that cut and dry. Few murderers are that stupid.

    If someone really, really wanted to get Joran, and finally punish him for a crime they think he commited and got away with, and wished for a perfect scenario, could Joran possibly have done a better job of granting their wish?
    I'm just not sure if you're saying that they put him in a position where he would be set up to kill someone...or that he did not kill her. Even if it was a set up where it was assumed that he would get angry and kill her, and he did, it makes him just as guilty (not that I believe this particular woman would be set up and sacrificied like this- across borders- methinks they would have picked a more nondescript victim if this was the case- not someone in a casino who has money and therefore is assumably of some means and known to people). And I am not naive, I know that people are set up in conspiracy plots and people do get killed- but there is usually a lot more politics and important people involved. Joran came from wealth and influence- a conspiracy, to me would have been plausible in a set up to protect him, not frame him. Okay, I'm thinking as I'm writing...Unless he's too much of a liability for Aruba and now that his protector is gone they decided to set him up to get rid of him...But, in any event, the physical evidence points to him committing the crime and whether he was set up to do so or not, he must be held responsible for taking a life. I hope my rambling made sense.

  40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nosysw For This Useful Post:


  41. #248
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by nosysw View Post
    I'm just not sure if you're saying that they put him in a position where he would be set up to kill someone...or that he did not kill her. Even if it was a set up where it was assumed that he would get angry and kill her, and he did, it makes him just as guilty (not that I believe this particular woman would be set up and sacrificied like this- across borders- methinks they would have picked a more nondescript victim if this was the case- not someone in a casino who has money and therefore is assumably of some means and known to people). And I am not naive, I know that people are set up in conspiracy plots and people do get killed- but there is usually a lot more politics and important people involved. Joran came from wealth and influence- a conspiracy, to me would have been plausible in a set up to protect him, not frame him. Okay, I'm thinking as I'm writing...Unless he's too much of a liability for Aruba and now that his protector is gone they decided to set him up to get rid of him...But, in any event, the physical evidence points to him committing the crime and whether he was set up to do so or not, he must be held responsible for taking a life. I hope my rambling made sense.
    Nosy.....Perfect sense to me.

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to Sanny For This Useful Post:


  43. #249
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreals View Post
    But that's just it- he looks TOO guilty. Five year anniversary of Natalee's disappearance. A dead body left behind in a room registered in his name. A security camera right outside his room, catching the victim and Joran going in, and only him leaving. Few crimes are that cut and dry. Few murderers are that stupid.

    If someone really, really wanted to get Joran, and finally punish him for a crime they think he commited and got away with, and wished for a perfect scenario, could Joran possibly have done a better job of granting their wish?
    (Above bolding by smart blonde)....

    I have to respectfully disagree with what I've 'bolded' above, because prisons (and Death Rows) are full of murderers that really are "that stupid", and that careless.

    Many crimes simply are that cut and dry.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  44. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:


  45. #250
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    I think it makes perfect sense if you consider that Joran probably didn't go to the room with the intention of killing her. He isn't that stupid. He lost his cool for some reason and beat her to death. Everything flows from there. He couldn't figure out a way to get rid of her body after he had already killed her and so took off. There would be no reason for him to flee Peru in the manner in which he did, if he had no involvement in the murder. He was scheduled to be at things that he didn't show up at. So, clearly he was intending to stick around until he up and killed Stephany.
    BBM. We have to keep reminding ourselves that Joran has a violent, uncontrollable temper. Think of throwing wine at Peter deVries, throwing water during lie detector session. I am sure there are many other situations that we don't know about. These were caught on video tape for us to see. We are supposed to ignore the case of him beating his brother till he almost died because it is just "rumor and speculation" but who would have videotaped that? Same with the dog and homeless man. But how many situations in our life are videotaped? The point is that he has a violent temper and whether the facts of the murder make sense or not (how did he clean up without a sink?) we have to remember that he just explodes and then has to figure out the rest afterwards.

  46. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bhammom For This Useful Post:


Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 847
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 10:06 AM
  2. Replies: 912
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 11:00 PM
  3. Replies: 786
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 02:46 AM
  4. Replies: 837
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 12:26 PM
  5. Replies: 786
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 11:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •