1500 users online (378 members and 1122 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Morning routine of June 4, 2010

Now that we have some more information from the interviews this morning, I thought it might be interesting to speculate/look deeper into the morning of June 4, 2010:

First of all, SM and Kyron had to leave by, what, 8:00 to get to the school? I'm not sure how far it is to the school.

What time would everyone get up? Did they eat breakfast together? When would mom and dad get ready for the day? What about the kids? Did Kyron dress himself? Who made his lunch? Or did he take a lunch "kit" (that's what my kids call them) with him? Kyron's chore, I would assume, was to feed the cat. Somehow the decision was made to switch vehicles for the day - not sure if that morning or the night before. Kyron met dad outside when he was leaving for the office - again, assumption. Some sort of arrangement had to be made for Kyron's sister - a friend comes over, SM takes her to a friend/family member's house/daycare?

Dad comes home at some point during the day. Neither one decided to go to the talent show. Why? Kyron was in it, or so it is reported.

Any thoughts? I have 2 girls, so I have no experience with young male children.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    I've posed some questions previously about the dad's comment that "Kyron was dropped off" at school that morning. I also know that both KH and SM were reportedly at the bus stop to meet Kyron at the end of the day.

I would like to know if the routine on June 4 was different in that Kyron was driven to school rather than riding the bus.

Did he usually ride the bus TO school as well as home FROM school?

How often was Kyron driven TO school in the morning?

How often was he picked up at school at the end of the schoolday and didn't ride the bus home FROM school?

If Kyron was driven to school occasionally instead of taking the bus, who usually drove him?

If Kyron was picked up at school occasionally instead of riding the bus home, who usually called for him at Skyline?

I'm curious about the usual routine in the home as it pertains to Kyron's transportation TO and FROM school.

I was also wondering if Kyron carried a lunch, if it was in his backpak or if he ate a school
    lunch.........
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

Based on my own personal experience (in TX), I can offer this as my kids ride the bus: I don't have to have a note sent to the school if I choose to take them in the a.m., BUT in the p.m., I have to send a signed note stating that they will be a "car rider," that day, or Ms. Smith is authorized to pick up Suzie -- or Suzie can ride home on that day on the bus with Jane.

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    OK - what we do know is this:

KH left for work in the morning - said goodbye to Kyron (KH's own words this AM)

KH was with TH that afternoon at the bus stop when Kyron didn't get off the bus.

What we don't know is what time KH came back home. Was TH there when he got home? IF she wasn't there when he got home - what time did she get home? What was her demeanor when she got home? What type of conversation did KH and TH have when they "met up" at home? That is probably all part of the investigation - but it sure would help fill in the blanks if we knew.

What was a NORMAL morning like at the Horman home?

OK... I am trying to figure out how to explain what I am asking, without appearing to call anyone "dishonest."

Obviously, the morning of June 4th was not a typical morning for them. Terri was taking Kaine's truck, Kaine was in the car. There was a big to-do at school that day, and a planned trip for ice cream after school before the long drive to Desiree and Tony.

Kaine mentioned seeing Ky feeding Bootsie (is it okay to name Bootsie?) as usual, and gave him a hug before getting into the car and leaving for work shortly before 8am.

Since school normally started later in the morning, and Kyron normally rode the bus, what do you make of Kaine's recent statement that one of the things he misses most is walking Kyron to the bus stop in the morning?

Unless he was leaving for work "extra early" on June 4 so he could come home early, I am trying to figure out how he could have left the house before 8 (assuming he did so on a typical morning) and also walked Kyron out to the bus stop every morning. Has anyone got the bus schedule? How early did the bus stop for Kyron?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
    OK... I am trying to figure out how to explain what I am asking, without appearing to call anyone "dishonest."

Obviously, the morning of June 4th was not a typical morning for them. Terri was taking Kaine's truck, Kaine was in the car. There was a big to-do at school that day, and a planned trip for ice cream after school before the long drive to Desiree and Tony.

Kaine mentioned seeing Ky feeding Bootsie (is it okay to name Bootsie?) as usual, and gave him a hug before getting into the car and leaving for work shortly before 8am.

Since school normally started later in the morning, and Kyron normally rode the bus, what do you make of Kaine's recent statement that one of the things he misses most is walking Kyron to the bus stop in the morning?

Unless he was leaving for work "extra early" on June 4 so he could come home early, I am trying to figure out how he could have left the house before 8 (assuming he did so on a typical morning) and also walked Kyron out to the bus stop every morning. Has anyone got the bus schedule? How early did the bus stop for Kyron?
    I think the bus came at 8:22am......????

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/depts-c/bus/index.php

Yeah I think they only left about 30 minutes earlier than normal.

I understood why Terri and the kids needed to leave early that day, but Kaine left before 8 (before they did, as he and Ky said goodbye outside and he left for work). Was he also getting an unusually early start that day? It's just that, if he typically leaves for work at 8, how would he be there to walk Kyron to the bus every morning? He mentioned it as one of the things he missed.

I think it has been quite a while since this family had anything resembling normal mornings, or otherwise.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
    I understood why Terri and the kids needed to leave early that day, but Kaine left before 8 (before they did, as he and Ky said goodbye outside and he left for work). Was he also getting an unusually early start that day? It's just that, if he typically leaves for work at 8, how would he be there to walk Kyron to the bus every morning? He mentioned it as one of the things he missed.
    Could you give a link for that? I totally believe you, but I just like a link to anchor threads like this. Also, it's a pretty intriguing point you're onto here.

He was only going to work at his office for part of the day, so maybe on a day like that he goes in earlier.

Good question, but I don't have anything else to add.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Could you give a link for that? I totally believe you, but I just like a link to anchor threads like this. Also, it's a pretty intriguing point you're onto here.
    Kaine Horman himself stated that morning, he told his son how much he was proud of him for his project and how much he loved him, and that he then left for work at 7:45 a.m.

Since Kyron liked riding the bus, I'm thinking Kaine walked him to the bus stop so Terri didn't have to get out with the baby that early in the morning...Sounds reasonable to me..
    Also, I was under the impression Kaine's hours were somewhat flexible since he mentioned eventhough he came home early on the 4th he still had work to do...JMHOOTS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast