Morning routine of June 4, 2010

SurfieTX

Reaction score
Now that we have some more information from the interviews this morning, I thought it might be interesting to speculate/look deeper into the morning of June 4, 2010:

First of all, SM and Kyron had to leave by, what, 8:00 to get to the school? I'm not sure how far it is to the school.

What time would everyone get up? Did they eat breakfast together? When would mom and dad get ready for the day? What about the kids? Did Kyron dress himself? Who made his lunch? Or did he take a lunch "kit" (that's what my kids call them) with him? Kyron's chore, I would assume, was to feed the cat. Somehow the decision was made to switch vehicles for the day - not sure if that morning or the night before. Kyron met dad outside when he was leaving for the office - again, assumption. Some sort of arrangement had to be made for Kyron's sister - a friend comes over, SM takes her to a friend/family member's house/daycare?

Dad comes home at some point during the day. Neither one decided to go to the talent show. Why? Kyron was in it, or so it is reported.

Any thoughts? I have 2 girls, so I have no experience with young male children.

I've posed some questions previously about the dad's comment that "Kyron was dropped off" at school that morning. I also know that both KH and SM were reportedly at the bus stop to meet Kyron at the end of the day.

I would like to know if the routine on June 4 was different in that Kyron was driven to school rather than riding the bus.

Did he usually ride the bus TO school as well as home FROM school?

How often was Kyron driven TO school in the morning?

How often was he picked up at school at the end of the schoolday and didn't ride the bus home FROM school?

If Kyron was driven to school occasionally instead of taking the bus, who usually drove him?

If Kyron was picked up at school occasionally instead of riding the bus home, who usually called for him at Skyline?

I'm curious about the usual routine in the home as it pertains to Kyron's transportation TO and FROM school.

I was also wondering if Kyron carried a lunch, if it was in his backpak or if he ate a school
lunch.........

Based on my own personal experience (in TX), I can offer this as my kids ride the bus: I don't have to have a note sent to the school if I choose to take them in the a.m., BUT in the p.m., I have to send a signed note stating that they will be a "car rider," that day, or Ms. Smith is authorized to pick up Suzie -- or Suzie can ride home on that day on the bus with Jane.

OK - what we do know is this:

KH left for work in the morning - said goodbye to Kyron (KH's own words this AM)

KH was with TH that afternoon at the bus stop when Kyron didn't get off the bus.

What we don't know is what time KH came back home. Was TH there when he got home? IF she wasn't there when he got home - what time did she get home? What was her demeanor when she got home? What type of conversation did KH and TH have when they "met up" at home? That is probably all part of the investigation - but it sure would help fill in the blanks if we knew.

OK... I am trying to figure out how to explain what I am asking, without appearing to call anyone "dishonest."

Obviously, the morning of June 4th was not a typical morning for them. Terri was taking Kaine's truck, Kaine was in the car. There was a big to-do at school that day, and a planned trip for ice cream after school before the long drive to Desiree and Tony.

Kaine mentioned seeing Ky feeding Bootsie (is it okay to name Bootsie?) as usual, and gave him a hug before getting into the car and leaving for work shortly before 8am.

Since school normally started later in the morning, and Kyron normally rode the bus, what do you make of Kaine's recent statement that one of the things he misses most is walking Kyron to the bus stop in the morning?

Unless he was leaving for work "extra early" on June 4 so he could come home early, I am trying to figure out how he could have left the house before 8 (assuming he did so on a typical morning) and also walked Kyron out to the bus stop every morning. Has anyone got the bus schedule? How early did the bus stop for Kyron?

OK... I am trying to figure out how to explain what I am asking, without appearing to call anyone "dishonest."

Obviously, the morning of June 4th was not a typical morning for them. Terri was taking Kaine's truck, Kaine was in the car. There was a big to-do at school that day, and a planned trip for ice cream after school before the long drive to Desiree and Tony.

Kaine mentioned seeing Ky feeding Bootsie (is it okay to name Bootsie?) as usual, and gave him a hug before getting into the car and leaving for work shortly before 8am.

Since school normally started later in the morning, and Kyron normally rode the bus, what do you make of Kaine's recent statement that one of the things he misses most is walking Kyron to the bus stop in the morning?

Unless he was leaving for work "extra early" on June 4 so he could come home early, I am trying to figure out how he could have left the house before 8 (assuming he did so on a typical morning) and also walked Kyron out to the bus stop every morning. Has anyone got the bus schedule? How early did the bus stop for Kyron?

I think the bus came at 8:22am......????

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/depts-c/bus/index.php

Yeah I think they only left about 30 minutes earlier than normal.

I understood why Terri and the kids needed to leave early that day, but Kaine left before 8 (before they did, as he and Ky said goodbye outside and he left for work). Was he also getting an unusually early start that day? It's just that, if he typically leaves for work at 8, how would he be there to walk Kyron to the bus every morning? He mentioned it as one of the things he missed.

I think it has been quite a while since this family had anything resembling normal mornings, or otherwise.

I understood why Terri and the kids needed to leave early that day, but Kaine left before 8 (before they did, as he and Ky said goodbye outside and he left for work). Was he also getting an unusually early start that day? It's just that, if he typically leaves for work at 8, how would he be there to walk Kyron to the bus every morning? He mentioned it as one of the things he missed.

Could you give a link for that? I totally believe you, but I just like a link to anchor threads like this. Also, it's a pretty intriguing point you're onto here.

He was only going to work at his office for part of the day, so maybe on a day like that he goes in earlier.

Could you give a link for that? I totally believe you, but I just like a link to anchor threads like this. Also, it's a pretty intriguing point you're onto here.

Kaine Horman himself stated that morning, he told his son how much he was proud of him for his project and how much he loved him, and that he then left for work at 7:45 a.m.

Since Kyron liked riding the bus, I'm thinking Kaine walked him to the bus stop so Terri didn't have to get out with the baby that early in the morning...Sounds reasonable to me..
Also, I was under the impression Kaine's hours were somewhat flexible since he mentioned eventhough he came home early on the 4th he still had work to do...JMHOOTS

Kaine Horman himself stated that morning, he told his son how much he was proud of him for his project and how much he loved him, and that he then left for work at 7:45 a.m.

No, I mean a link for the interview or whatever it is where he says he usually walks Kyron out to the bus stop in the morning.

"He helps me shave my head and likes to rub my head for the three or four days while it's still short. Going out to feed the cat together, or our morning walks down to the bus," his father, Kaine Horman told "Good Morning America. "Every day, I miss those. I miss him."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-kyron-horman-parents-long-moments-missing-boy/story?id=11303564

He wasn't so much helping him feed the cat that morning as much as watching him feed the cat, too. But as far as Kaine's memories of what he and Kyron did in the mornings go, I miss my morning stops to pick up French Toast Sticks with my now-grown son on the way to school, but we didn't do it every morning. In fact, we probably only did it a few times a month. Still, it's a fond memory.

As far as Kaine possibly leaving earlier than usual, maybe he left early because they were leaving early. No use to hang around waiting to walk Kyron to the bus stop.

I guess a normal morning is also that the cat has to eat outside and isn't allowed to have it's bowl inside the home like most pet cats.

I guess a normal morning is also that the cat has to eat outside and isn't allowed to have it's bowl inside the home like most pet cats.

o/t but I thought that was a bit odd considering where they live. I live in the city, not a rural area like they do, and when I got angry with our cat and had my Fred Flintstone moment and made her eat outside, that brought all sorts of unwanted critters into my yard, and I don't mean the neighbors pets. We've had raccoon, possum and ... skunks. Even had a deer running around the next neighborhood over, but I don't know if they'd eat cat food. ('though what I hear from my dad, they'll eat just about anything)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back