Kyron's doctors appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

chargers2010

Inactive
Reaction score
I remember some of the discussion early on in Kyron's missing case about TH telling KH's teacher about KH having a doctor's appointment. However, I am still confused on whether it was supposed to be on June 4 or June 11. Also, I don't recall any confirmation from LE or in the media about this doctor's appointment.

From my perspective, I am interested in finding out what information is confirmed with KH's doctors appt. It does seem like a good reason for the school not to be worried with KH's absence.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I suspect that many others would like to have a concise place to go with this topic. I just feel like I don't have much knowledge of this important topic.

The ADHD is not likely true at all. There was an early dispatch heard from when Kyron first went missing that he might be ADHD and he was afraid of the police. That was all. There hasn't been anything to indicate that this is true and it is very common for early information in cases to be misconstrued.

From what I recall, there are 2 stories. One is that SM told the teacher the day before that he had an appointment the next Friday- and something to do with paperwork, and the other that SM yelled across a crowded room something about an appointment. I don't recall either being substantiated as anything more than rumour or 3rd party opinion.

I do recall it being said repeatedly on the forum that there was to be no talk about Kyron/ADHD unless family or LE stated it.

The reason for KH's doctor's appointment doesn't matter, no-one knows, and so no-one should talk about it.

I now remember the press statement from TH's close friend stating that Terri told her that the teacher was hard of hearing as it related to the teacher hearing Terri correctly about the doctor's appointment. I know that this is too speculative (third hand information). So, does anyone know of more credible information on the doctor's appointment?

When Terri's friend was interviewed she talked about the appointment. Maybe someone has that link?

Let me explain why the scanner chatter stays in the Private Members Only Forum. Sometimes in the excitement and rush to get Law Enforcement to the scene of any incident, the caller gives information wrong. Or they are upset and the information sounds one way but in fact it isn't the case. Or the dispatcher may hear it wrong.

This was something heard in the first day on the scanner. It wasn't heard continually, it isn't on any of the missing Kyron posters, it isn't in any of the pleas for help to find Kyron. It would be if it turned out to be true.

If I am listening to the scanner and I hear something, then get up to use the restroom, or grab a dish of ice cream, change the laundry over whatever, I certainly could have missed the followup that said negative on that information about ADHD. Or the retraction could happen just between those initial officers on the scene.

I have listened to the scanner on the Haleigh Cummings case for thousands of hours. Please, from someone with experience with listening to missing persons cases, don't bring that information to the public forums unless you can back it up by a police statement or other mainstream news. Can you see the confusion this has caused?

PS :grouphug:

According to Terri’s longtime friend Jaymie Finster, Terri was at the school on Thurs, June 3 and gave the teacher the paperwork for the doctor appointment. I’m curious as to if/when the teacher returned the completed out paperwork to Terri.
==============
Published: Friday, June 18, 2010, 10:55 PM
Jaymie Finster, a longtime friend, said Horman is "tired and frustrated with the intensity of the questioning she's been getting."

[snipped]
Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

Finster said that when Kyron didn't show up at the bus the afternoon of June 4, Horman talked to the teacher who said she thought that Horman had taken Kyron to the doctor that day. Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

Just as a follow-up because it relates to what was said about the doctor appointment, although this article said Terri told Finster that the teacher was new and in her first year of teaching, according to the Skyline School site, the teacher is in her 3rd year of teaching. If Terri was a volunteer and worked closely with the teacher, I would think she would know she wasn’t a new teacher. IMO.

Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.

Terri often volunteers at the school, working closely with Kyron's teacher, Kristina Porter.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html
http://skylineelementary.org/files/10-06-08issue.pdf
http://skylineelementary.org/?q=user/28

What did the paperwork say? Either it said the 11th or it didn't.

This appt thing makes no sense to me so I will keep reading.LOL

I think that the doctor's appt is key information that LE can easily get information on.

I can easily see Terri telling Finster that the teacher was new and hard of hearing. Finster may have added the "first year of teaching" on her own. From Finster's statement to the press, it appears that Terri is expressing how the teacher misunderstood her in relation to KH's doctor's appointment.

The following thing is striking to me from Finster's statement: That KH's teacher had thought that Terri had taken Kyron to the doctor that day! So, IF the doctor's appointment was used to set up an expectation of KH being absent, it worked and it is a key component to what happened. Only time will tell.

What did the paperwork say? Either it said the 11th or it didn't.

This appt thing makes no sense to me so I will keep reading.LOL

Speculation: Perhaps when it was given to the teacher there was no date on the paperwork? Is that a possibility?

Just a gentle reminder that there are laws in place that prohibit disclosure of medical issues to anyone other than immediate family and/or designated legal guardians of all patients. Other than problems associated with Kyron's eyeglasses/vision problems, no other medical conditions have been discussed by LE. The public should respect the privacy of this family with regard to any personal and sensitive information regarding Kyron's medical history. jmo

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/

Your reminder is fair, but no one is talking about anyone's medical issues. Just about a doctor's appointment in the sense of when/if it happened and how so. If you read the contents of this thread, it states that there was some likely erroneous information about ADHD on other threads. No one here is talking about that. I'll remove the earlier mentions of ADHD from my posts in this context so that you won't be worried.

Your reminder is fair, but no one is talking about anyone's medical issues. Just about a doctor's appointment in the sense of when/if it happened and how so. If you read the contents of this thread, it states that there was some likely erroneous information about ADHD on other threads. No one here is talking about that. I'll remove the earlier mentions of ADHD from my posts in this context so that you won't be worried.

I know Chargers not to worry. I was trying to make everyone, not singling anyone out, understand how the scanner is a wonderful tool, but we have to be very careful with the information we glean from it. Carry on you are doing great!

Speculation: Perhaps when it was given to the teacher there was no date on the paperwork? Is that a possibility?

But why would someone send paperwork to let the school know that they were removing their child for a doctors appt and not tell them what day?

one reason commonly known for a teacher to submit paperwork for a dr's appt. is in connection with obtaining a dx/IEP for a student. In that case, the teacher would be expected to prepare the paperwork in advance of the appt. and, in that context, would likely be adivised of the date it was needed by. Maybe the paperwork stated the date of the appt. or, imo, more likely it did not. The teacher was merely advised of when it was needed by for the appt. jmoo

But why would someone send paperwork to let the school know that they were removing their child for a doctors appt and not tell them what day?

It's my impression that the date of the appointment was communicated orally, and the "paperwork" was not a school form, but a questionnaire from the doctor for the teacher to fill out, and there would not be any need to have the date of the appointment on the form.

If it was a form from the doctor's office, i.e. for the purpose of gathering information about a child's behavior/symptoms in the school environment, then it makes sense to me that such a form would be given to a teacher well in advance of the actual doctor appointment in order for the teacher to have time to fill it out.

Just my impression.

The answer to the question about the appt might be if SM had asked to have the paperwork returned to her on June 4th. If the teacher still had the paperwork there would be no reason for her to assume that Kyron had an appt that day.

one reason commonly known for a teacher to submit paperwork for a dr's appt. is in connection with obtaining a dx/IEP for a student. In that case, the teacher would be expected to prepare the paperwork in advance of the appt. and, in that context, would likely be adivised of the date it was needed by. Maybe the paperwork stated the date of the appt. or, imo, more likely it did not. The teacher was merely advised of when it was needed by for the appt. jmoo

Ack! Can you see the probabiliity of all of these assumptions?

The answer to the question about the appt might be if SM had asked to have the paperwork returned to her on June 4th. If the teacher still had the paperwork there would be no reason for her to assume that Kyron had an appt that day.

Exactly. And according to Terri's close friend Finster in her statement to the press, the teacher DID assume that Kyron had an appt that day. Remember, it was Finster who noted that Terri was asked to perform 2 LDTs. Now, greater weight has shown itself to the 2 LDT situation from others. So we will have to see if the information on Kyron's doctors appt coming from Finster is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie