Possible Accident?

debirlfan

Reaction score
I know this is probably a million to one long shot, but...

I hope that anyone who was there at the school that day unloading stuff for the science fair (or the talent show) has checked their trunk.

I just had a sudden thought that on his way to class Kyron could have looked out the door near the classroom and seen someone unloading something interesting, and either went out to help, or just to look. If for some reason (looking at something, hiding from bully, etc) he had somehow climbed into a car trunk and the trunk was closed...

One would assume that if he had, he would have been found by now - but if the vehicle wasn't regularly used... it's just one of those things that should be checked.

Well, there was that college kid who went missing, Wade Steffey, who was eventually found in a boiler room on campus, where weeks of searches had missed him.

Everything is a possibility, keep on thinking. I hope everyone has searched their property more than once.
My mind always goes to old wells or septic tanks that a child could fall into very easily.
Keep the ideas coming!

For that matter - they have searched the school, right? Remember Annie Le (I believe that was her name.) She was quite small, but Kyron would be even smaller.

Well, there was that college kid who went missing, Wade Steffey, who was eventually found in a boiler room on campus, where weeks of searches had missed him.

Yep that reminds me of Annie Le who was found on Yale's campus in a basement (I'm pretty sure) of a lab facility.

I still have a feeling he never left :(

I'd like to see some ideas of what could happen to a child in a school or on the grounds around it, speaking accidentally. I wonder if it would be worthwhile making a list.:waitasec:

It just does not sound like Kyron was the type of kid to go off and do anything on his own, according to his parents. He seems to be very timid and I can't see, from the description of him they gave, him even heading to see the so-called elctric project on his, as he probably knew the class would tour the projects at some point, much less go outside. No one who has spoken about Kyron has indicated he was anything other than timid, that is about one consistency I can think of in all of this.

Gwenabob posted pictures that he/she took of the school and immediate surroundings on the 'Skyline School thread - they give a real feel for the area and show many places to hide a child or to walk out unseen. You might want to take a look at the pics for some ideas. moo

I'd like to see some ideas of what could happen to a child in a school or on the grounds around it, speaking accidentally. I wonder if it would be worthwhile making a list.:waitasec:

It's amazing some of the things that can happen.

Here in CT (it made the national news) we recently had a guy get his arm stuck while cleaning his furnace - despite the fact he attempted to cut his arm off to get loose, he was unsuccessful and undoubtedly would have died if his friends hadn't become suspicious because he missed work and a ball game and went looking for him.

In Kyron's case - I'd have to think that if he was conscious, there were enough people around that someone would have heard him, even if he got trapped somewhere. Of course, if he fell and was knocked out, all bets are off.

And if someone DID do him ill - sorry to say that there are probably countless places even within the building itself where a child's body could be hidden. My first thought is that by now it would be obvious - but judging from other cases, apparently that's not always true, for whatever reason.

If Kyron was somewhere inside the school...unfortunately, I believe that would be very apparent by now from the odor of decomposition. :(

hit by a car and someone panicked?

Something brought to my attention recently about older properties really set me to thinking.
Standing the middle of my vacant lot I noticed the ground sinking. I stood in the spot and actually became fearful because the ground was so soft and actually felt like you were sinking. Yes, this is Florida and we do have sinkholes, but not generally in this area.
My neighbor explained he noticed it also and believes that trees were plowed under and are now rotting causing the ground to give in. Its scary that you could actually go down if the tree stumps/roots have completely decayed.
I wonder if this is possible.

The panic/car idea is good. Someone without a license or someone with a very poor driving record or someone who consumed alcohol that morning. I wonder if they checked all drivers licenses?

Something brought to my attention recently about older properties really set me to thinking.
Standing the middle of my vacant lot I noticed the ground sinking. I stood in the spot and actually became fearful because the ground was so soft and actually felt like you were sinking. Yes, this is Florida and we do have sinkholes, but not generally in this area.
My neighbor explained he noticed it also and believes that trees were plowed under and are now rotting causing the ground to give in. Its scary that you could actually go down if the tree stumps/roots have completely decayed.
I wonder if this is possible.

When my son was a toddler he fell into a hole in someone's yard right in front of me. He was covered in gunky raw sewage when I pulled him out. The homeowners had raw sewage draining in their backyard. Gross and dangerous!
He was running in the grass about 5 yards ahead of me, then he was gone. It was that quick.

There was child who diappeared in a front yard, right down into a tank. They searched all over not thinking the lid could flip but it did and landed back in position.
So strange things do happen.

I wonder what this property was before the school was built on it.

If Kyron was somewhere inside the school...unfortunately, I believe that would be very apparent by now from the odor of decomposition. :(

Well, that would be my first thought - but as I said - it appears that sometimes, for whatever reason, it happens that there is a body within a building and yet nobody smells anything. I hope they have really gone over that building with a fine tooth comb - including vents, above drop ceilings, basement, boiler room, supply closets, etc.

i believe there is a gym in this school. I was wondering what kind of bleechers they have in there. I think there are some that automatically go back up against the wall.

For that matter - they have searched the school, right? Remember Annie Le (I believe that was her name.) She was quite small, but Kyron would be even smaller.

Kyron would be about 14 inches shorter and 40 pounds lighter. Definitely able to fit in many equally small areas.

I was also a very timid kid... I remember climbing up into the ceilings. I don't remember what the room was... but I know it wasn't a classroom. I have no idea why I did that. But I do remember doing it. :waitasec:

I also don't believe it was an accident, but that doesn't mean he had to have left the school either. Annie Le's wasn't an accident...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back