OK OK - Fawn Abell, 15, & Rozlin Abell, 18, Bethany, 25 Jul 1985

HesterMofet

Reaction score
Website
www.whiterosesociety.org
I strongly believe Royal Russell Long was responsible for their abduction and murder. He was in that area frequently and is the killer of Charlotte Kinsey and Cinda Pallett in the same year in Oklahoma. He often preyed on pairs of girls who were looking for work as in this case. I have my money on him, but unfortunately ,the died in prison years ago

**Notice**
I have made a mistake (I’m very sorry!!!!) but after rechecking NamUs Rising Fawn, Dade County Jane Doe’s DNA as of March 2011 is not available

I also think Russell Royal Long is a possible suspect because he was in the area aound the time frame-and he is responsible for Charlotte Kinsey and Cinda Pallet.
I can't believe I have not heard of these girls until now!

I just came across this same article and knew WS would have a thread on the case.

There must be so many cases out there where it was usually assumed that the missing person was just a runaway and the case was closed, dropped or whatever.

I don't know what all happened when the girls went missing and in the years thereafter, but thankfully their brother finally took the initiative to make that call which at least reopened the case. A lot of years have gone by and evidence may have been lost or hard to find now, but hopefully some answers for the family can be found.

Rozlin and Fawn Abell, sisters living in Bethany, Okla., went out job-hunting on July 25, 1985, and were never seen again. Rozlin was 18 and Fawn was 15. In 2013, Bethany police Lt. Austin Warfield told the Oklahoman newspaper that he had not heard of the case until the girls’ brother asked about it. Warfield said he dug up the original police report and found that law enforcement had initially treated the pair as runaways. Family members, however, suspected they were victims of foul play. No trace of Rozlin or Fawn was ever found.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-etan-patz-missing-children-20150509-story.html

I'm a little confused. Charley Project states they left with friends to go look for jobs so they should have been seen since leaving home? Where and when did they separate from their friends?

32 years missing coming up on 7/25/2017.

Initially treated as runaways by LE.

This would have required LE investigating: who had the car? Who was in the car? As well as questioning neighbors on what may have been witnessed.

We do not really know how much effort was put into finding these children.

Whoever "they" were could have given LE more to go on. Then again, the sisters may have met their fates at the moment of entering the vehicle. Or not. So sad for their family, and friends..

32 years missing coming up on 7/25/2017.

Initially treated as runaways by LE.

This would have required LE investigating: who had the car? Who was in the car? As well as questioning neighbors on what may have been witnessed.

We do not really know how much effort was put into finding these children.

Whoever "they" were could have given LE more to go on. Then again, the sisters may have met their fates at the moment of entering the vehicle. Or not. So sad for their family, and friends..

I don't recall any mention of a car, were they seen getting into one?

There is a video on YouTube of an interview with their older half sister. She seems to think their father was responsible. She said their father had abducted her from her mother as a child too. It's interesting but almost 20 minutes long. I'll try to post a link tomorrow when I'm on my desktop but it's easy to find on google.

I don't recall any mention of a car, were they seen getting into one?

There is a video on YouTube of an interview with their older half sister. She seems to think their father was responsible. She said their father had abducted her from her mother as a child too. It's interesting but almost 20 minutes long. I'll try to post a link tomorrow when I'm on my desktop but it's easy to find on google.

Wow! Just...

From the NewsOK link on the first page, there's a recollection from their brother: "The brother remembers one of the girls saying, “Hurry up. They're waiting for us down the street.”

Who are "they?" Were "they" just hanging out? Or waiting in a vehicle? And did anyone (LE?) ever bother to interview their friends? Their neighbors?

Such a sad past we have had in our handling of missing children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back