1230 users online (223 members and 1007 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'm a little confused. Charley Project states they left with friends to go look for jobs so they should have been seen since leaving home? Where and when did they separate from their friends?

32 years missing coming up on 7/25/2017.

Initially treated as runaways by LE.

This would have required LE investigating: who had the car? Who was in the car? As well as questioning neighbors on what may have been witnessed.

We do not really know how much effort was put into finding these children.

Whoever "they" were could have given LE more to go on. Then again, the sisters may have met their fates at the moment of entering the vehicle. Or not. So sad for their family, and friends..
    Jim_M

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_M View Post
    32 years missing coming up on 7/25/2017.

Initially treated as runaways by LE.

This would have required LE investigating: who had the car? Who was in the car? As well as questioning neighbors on what may have been witnessed.

We do not really know how much effort was put into finding these children.

Whoever "they" were could have given LE more to go on. Then again, the sisters may have met their fates at the moment of entering the vehicle. Or not. So sad for their family, and friends..
    I don't recall any mention of a car, were they seen getting into one?

There is a video on YouTube of an interview with their older half sister. She seems to think their father was responsible. She said their father had abducted her from her mother as a child too. It's interesting but almost 20 minutes long. I'll try to post a link tomorrow when I'm on my desktop but it's easy to find on google.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    I don't recall any mention of a car, were they seen getting into one?

There is a video on YouTube of an interview with their older half sister. She seems to think their father was responsible. She said their father had abducted her from her mother as a child too. It's interesting but almost 20 minutes long. I'll try to post a link tomorrow when I'm on my desktop but it's easy to find on google.
    Wow! Just...

From the NewsOK link on the first page, there's a recollection from their brother: "The brother remembers one of the girls saying, “Hurry up. They're waiting for us down the street.”

Who are "they?" Were "they" just hanging out? Or waiting in a vehicle? And did anyone (LE?) ever bother to interview their friends? Their neighbors?

Such a sad past we have had in our handling of missing children.
    Jim_M

This UID could be either of them: https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/14762

There was some mention in the video about them having been on the phone just before they left so it shouldn't have been too hard to figure out who they were going with, at least if they initiated the call.

I also thought it was kind of interesting that one of the girls supposedly said "Hurry up, they're waiting for us down the street". There were no cell phones so did someone call them from a pay phone? Did the person(s) they were going with LIVE down the street, in which case the call could have been outgoing or incoming. Or, had they made plans earlier to meet at a certain time "down the street"? If they were just going to look for jobs, why not just pick them up at their house?

It just seems off to me that nobody seems to have a clue who they left with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2