1251 users online (244 members and 1007 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PA - Denise Merhi, 39, & 3 men brutally murdered, Northampton, 26 June 2010

Please forgive me as I have never started a thread...Dennis was a friend of the family... a wonderful man that enjoyed the simple life, having a beer in the backyard with friends...he was murdered yesterday along with his daughter and his father...his neighbor came to their aid and was also murdered as he entered their front door! God Bless You Dennis, I am so very sorry!
    http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/m...,2928485.story
    Last edited by karma-girl; 06-27-2010 at 04:15 PM.

A real tragedy for 2 families.... sorry for the loss of your friend, karma-girl. Do you know the supposed perp?

Quote Originally Posted by karma-girl View Post
    Please forgive me as I have started a thread...Dennis was a friend of the family... a wonderful man that enjoyed the simple life, having a beer in the backyard with friends...he was murdered yesterday along with his daughter and his father...his neighbor came to their aid and was also murdered as he entered their front door! God Bless You Dennis, I am so very sorry!
    OMG karma girl, sorry you lost a friend. this is sad I wonder why? was their a motive?
    or just some more sick people on the lose who will target anyone just because they are FU
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Northampton Police Chief Ron Morey called the crime a "domestic." He said borough police turned the investigation over to state police at Bethlehem. "It's just too much for us to handle," he said.

A suspect was taken into custody after he was involved in a car crash at Route 329 and Savage Road in Allen Township, just east of Northampton, about 4:50 p.m., state police and Morganelli said. About that time, a county radio dispatcher said over the police scanner, "He said he killed them."

Morganelli would not say how the crash led police to the Lincoln Avenue home, which is owned by Denise Merhi, according to property records.

Neighbors said Merhi lived there with her father, Dennis Marsh; grandfather, Alvin Marsh; and her two children. A friend said Merhi's children were not home at the time of the homicides.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    Northampton Police Chief Ron Morey called the crime a "domestic." He said borough police turned the investigation over to state police at Bethlehem. "It's just too much for us to handle," he said.

A suspect was taken into custody after he was involved in a car crash at Route 329 and Savage Road in Allen Township, just east of Northampton, about 4:50 p.m., state police and Morganelli said. About that time, a county radio dispatcher said over the police scanner, "He said he killed them."

Morganelli would not say how the crash led police to the Lincoln Avenue home, which is owned by Denise Merhi, according to property records.

Neighbors said Merhi lived there with her father, Dennis Marsh; grandfather, Alvin Marsh; and her two children. A friend said Merhi's children were not home at the time of the homicides.

I read in one of the articles, the driver in the car crash was bloody beyond what the accident could have caused. He admitted having just killed the people back at the house a few blocks away.

The AP is reporting the suspect was hospitalized with injuries suffered in the crash. Suicide attempt, perhaps?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...Wv_igD9GJM1MG0

NORTHAMPTON, Pa. — A 53-year-old man who rushed over to help when he heard screaming at his next-door neighbor's house was stabbed to death as he got through the front door, and police found his body with three others, according to the victim's brother.

David Zernhelt, 36, of Allentown, identified his older brother, Steven Zernhelt, a married father of three, as one of the victims of Saturday's rampage in Northampton borough.

Police found the bodies of three men and a woman, each stabbed multiple times, in the brick twin house about 70 miles north of Philadelphia, according to Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli. State police have a suspect in custody but have not released his name or the names of the dead. Authorities planned to release details Sunday afternoon.

Zernhelt said Sunday that his brother heard screams from his neighbor's house, ran over to help and was attacked.

"He got through the front door, and the suspect stabbed him to death," Zernhelt said.

"I'll say this about my brother: He died a hero to me because he was trying to go over there and do whatever he could to help. I love him, I always will," he said.

Morganelli confirmed one of the victims was a neighbor who "went over to help and became a victim."

Property tax records identify the owner of the home as Denise Merhi, who purchased it for $165,000 in January 2007. Neighbors said she lived in the home with her two children, her father and her grandfather.
    Last edited by JoeFromLB; 06-27-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: added text

karma-girl, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

What a tragedy for this family. Especially the surviving children.

Condolences to all.

Sincerely,
    fran

The below article was updated a few hours ago. It says there's to be a news conference at 3:30 this afternoon.

fran

http://www.wfmz.com/lehighvalleynews...66/detail.html

Four People Killed In Northampton County Home

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I already posted this once. Don't know where it went. I'm so very, very sorry for your loss, karma girl. Please let us know if there is any way we can help. I will be keeping you and the children in my thoughts. Do you know how the children are doing? Where they are? If there is anyone left to care for them? What a horrible tragedy.

karma-girl, I am so sorry to read about your friend. It is terrible.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Such a horrific tragedy! Prayers going up for this entire community-- and especially the friends and family of the victims...

karma-girl, special prayer for you and yours.

how awful....gosh the children friends and family I will pray for all involved and best wishes...ugh

Karma-girl, my sympathies to you and all those that are in mourning.
    It is so sad! Thank goodness children did not see this all happen.
    May they get justice!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend, Karma-girl.
    Prayers for the families of the victims of this terrible crime.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast