GUILTY PA - Denise Merhi, 39, & 3 men brutally murdered, Northampton, 26 June 2010

karma-girl

Reaction score
Please forgive me as I have never started a thread...Dennis was a friend of the family... a wonderful man that enjoyed the simple life, having a beer in the backyard with friends...he was murdered yesterday along with his daughter and his father...his neighbor came to their aid and was also murdered as he entered their front door! God Bless You Dennis, I am so very sorry!
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-northampton-homicide-20100626-4,0,2928485.story

A real tragedy for 2 families.... sorry for the loss of your friend, karma-girl. Do you know the supposed perp?

Please forgive me as I have started a thread...Dennis was a friend of the family... a wonderful man that enjoyed the simple life, having a beer in the backyard with friends...he was murdered yesterday along with his daughter and his father...his neighbor came to their aid and was also murdered as he entered their front door! God Bless You Dennis, I am so very sorry!
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-northampton-homicide-20100626-4,0,2928485.story
OMG karma girl, sorry you lost a friend. this is sad :( I wonder why? was their a motive?
or just some more sick people on the lose who will target anyone just because they are FU :crazy:

Northampton Police Chief Ron Morey called the crime a "domestic." He said borough police turned the investigation over to state police at Bethlehem. "It's just too much for us to handle," he said.

A suspect was taken into custody after he was involved in a car crash at Route 329 and Savage Road in Allen Township, just east of Northampton, about 4:50 p.m., state police and Morganelli said. About that time, a county radio dispatcher said over the police scanner, "He said he killed them."

Morganelli would not say how the crash led police to the Lincoln Avenue home, which is owned by Denise Merhi, according to property records.

Neighbors said Merhi lived there with her father, Dennis Marsh; grandfather, Alvin Marsh; and her two children. A friend said Merhi's children were not home at the time of the homicides.

Northampton Police Chief Ron Morey called the crime a "domestic." He said borough police turned the investigation over to state police at Bethlehem. "It's just too much for us to handle," he said.

A suspect was taken into custody after he was involved in a car crash at Route 329 and Savage Road in Allen Township, just east of Northampton, about 4:50 p.m., state police and Morganelli said. About that time, a county radio dispatcher said over the police scanner, "He said he killed them."

Morganelli would not say how the crash led police to the Lincoln Avenue home, which is owned by Denise Merhi, according to property records.

Neighbors said Merhi lived there with her father, Dennis Marsh; grandfather, Alvin Marsh; and her two children. A friend said Merhi's children were not home at the time of the homicides.

I read in one of the articles, the driver in the car crash was bloody beyond what the accident could have caused. He admitted having just killed the people back at the house a few blocks away.

The AP is reporting the suspect was hospitalized with injuries suffered in the crash. Suicide attempt, perhaps?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jddeTzCtq-AZNgrSe1ppRxEWv_igD9GJM1MG0

NORTHAMPTON, Pa. — A 53-year-old man who rushed over to help when he heard screaming at his next-door neighbor's house was stabbed to death as he got through the front door, and police found his body with three others, according to the victim's brother.

David Zernhelt, 36, of Allentown, identified his older brother, Steven Zernhelt, a married father of three, as one of the victims of Saturday's rampage in Northampton borough.

Police found the bodies of three men and a woman, each stabbed multiple times, in the brick twin house about 70 miles north of Philadelphia, according to Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli. State police have a suspect in custody but have not released his name or the names of the dead. Authorities planned to release details Sunday afternoon.

Zernhelt said Sunday that his brother heard screams from his neighbor's house, ran over to help and was attacked.

"He got through the front door, and the suspect stabbed him to death," Zernhelt said.

"I'll say this about my brother: He died a hero to me because he was trying to go over there and do whatever he could to help. I love him, I always will," he said.

Morganelli confirmed one of the victims was a neighbor who "went over to help and became a victim."

Property tax records identify the owner of the home as Denise Merhi, who purchased it for $165,000 in January 2007. Neighbors said she lived in the home with her two children, her father and her grandfather.

karma-girl, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

What a tragedy for this family. Especially the surviving children.

Condolences to all.

Sincerely,
fran
:rose:

I already posted this once. Don't know where it went. I'm so very, very sorry for your loss, karma girl. Please let us know if there is any way we can help. I will be keeping you and the children in my thoughts. Do you know how the children are doing? Where they are? If there is anyone left to care for them? What a horrible tragedy.

karma-girl, I am so sorry to read about your friend. It is terrible.

:eek:

Such a horrific tragedy! Prayers going up for this entire community-- and especially the friends and family of the victims...

karma-girl, special prayer for you and yours.

how awful....gosh the children friends and family I will pray for all involved and best wishes...ugh

Karma-girl, my sympathies to you and all those that are in mourning.
It is so sad! Thank goodness children did not see this all happen.
May they get justice!

I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend, Karma-girl.
Prayers for the families of the victims of this terrible crime.

I love you all!!! Thank you so much for all of your comments and cares, it means the world to me! I just got home after spending a couple of hours with the cousin/nephew of the Marsh's...there are many rumors floating around right now but I do know that it was a former boyfriend of Dennis' daughter...if it is the man they are talking about, he has previously served time for homicide of a homosexual male and molestation of an underage girl...this has yet to be confirmed so for now it is hearsay. If true why was this man walking the streets again and why was this family not notified of him being released!!!!
This is just so horrible and my hearts go out to the children that were thankfully not home at the time! They are only 10 and 13 years old and their father lives in Guatemala (from what I've been told).
They did not find Dennis until 3 hours after the others were found, he was in the basement and it disturbs me to no end to think he may have been alive and could possibly have been saved.
Dennis' ex-wife stated that they will have a funeral service for all 3 at the same time. The elderly man was in his 80's and in a wheelchair...Dennis was a diabetic that was misbehaving with food and beer the past 6 months, I am glad he enjoyed himself! He was a good man, always made time to talk and never let you see him down!
As for the comment about the accident, I have heard that he hit another family and they had to be medi-vacd to the hospital, I also heard he hit a pole...so hopefully they will release the details soon.
Again, thank you to all of you for caring...I will pass it on to the families.

Oh, one more thing...the neighbor that heard the screams ran next door and must have seen either the man or the blood because he was able to scream to his wife to get back in the house! I feel so awful for her and her children, I was told that her sons had to be held back because they were going to drive to St. Lukes hospital and kill this man who murdered their father!
What a horrible tragedy in this small quiet town...

Thanks for the update karma girl. Even though he ended up being killed as well, I can't help but be glad the neighbor ran to help his neighbor's in need. I don't know if that sounds odd. It just gives me hope for the human race that he did that for them. I hope their last thoughts were that someone cared enough to come running. I really hope that doesn't sound bad somehow.

OMG karma girl, sorry you lost a friend. this is sad :( I wonder why? was their a motive?
or just some more sick people on the lose who will target anyone just because they are FU :crazy:

Thank you songline...and now that we know it was this man I can answer your question. Yes, there was definitely a motive and if you read what I posted about rumors you will figure out his motive...I am sure more will come out but for now let's offer an extra prayer to these children.

(He served 2 yrs for a crime they are not reporting on yet!!!:furious::banghead:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back