1244 users online (229 members and 1015 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,793

    What do you speculate that Kaine meant by this?

    I took this from the inerview thread with Kyrons parents as I am curious what others think about this.
    originally posted by BEANE:
    At about 3:00 in the raw video, the reporter asks if it's true Terri took 2 polygraphs.

    Kaine: (big sigh continued through the first few stumbled words) um... (pause) my, I, based on where we're at with the case, I'm not gonna, I'm not gonna comment on that. I know she was speaking on behalf of Terri um, and that's actually something that we're trying to make sure is clear in our communications outward is when, we're gonna be, our family is the only group of individuals that will be speaking on our behalf. We fully expect that other people will come out with things to say, potentially defend friends or some of our family members. We expect that but we want to make it pretty clear that we're the ones speaking on our own behalf. No one else is speaking on our behalf.

    What is Kaine saying here? Is he excluding Terri from "the family" or is he saying that Terri did not authories the friend to speak. I am so confused by this statement it half way sound to me like they are not as Unified as they want us to beleive. IMO... JMO... would like to know what others think, but please be polite and state IMO as I dont want this to be a bashing thread or pointing fingers just your opinion about this statement.
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

    YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

    Motion granted.

    Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    281
    Seems to me that he is just flustered or taken aback by someone else speaking for her. For all we know, he maybe only knows this person on an extremely casual level or maybe he dosen't really care for her. Just because she's TH friend dosen't necessarily mean they were all chummy....
    FWIW, I think KH is just a facts&logic kind of guy, IMHO...
    So I wonder what he thinks about what Mr Moulton said?
    M O O, as per usual

  3. #3
    pufnstuf's Avatar
    pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Evil forest
    Posts
    3,329
    He tried to shut the barn door after the horses were out.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,242
    IMO...I think KH is stating that unless you hear it from one of "us"...it may or may not be so.

    If I were KH in this kind of situation (God Forbid!), I would be royally irritated if anyone spoke for anyone involved in this investigation of my missing child which could negatively impact the case.

    Also, if I were Finster and I was officially speaking on TH's behalf...you better believe I'd have that in writing and end my interview with something to that effect.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,782
    I'll bet that Terri's Dad's story did not go over too well either, with Kaine at least. And anyone who is still supporting her, as it kind of jumps on that same theme of "poor Terri", which should be so far from anyone's concerns right now.

    None of this need have happened if the parents (Terri, Kaine and Desiree at least) had spoken out right away, stated that they needed help in finding Kyron and appreciated all efforts and prayers and that they probably would not be facing the media on a regular basis, as they were too distraught and were busy trying to help LE. Or something like that. All of the speculation began because they never did that, and then stories were printed from second-hand sources, etc and well, here we are.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,715
    IIRC.. Finster said she called Terri and asked if she could speak out...... ????

    as for Kaine, I think he is trying to make public believe that Finster had no permission from Terri to speak.. meaning Finster all that was Finsters opinion and that it did not come from Terri..IMO he was trying to protect the damage done to his wife, that Finsters interview caused...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I'll bet that Terri's Dad's story did not go over too well either, with Kaine at least. And anyone who is still supporting her, as it kind of jumps on that same theme of "poor Terri", which should be so far from anyone's concerns right now.

    None of this need have happened if the parents (Terri, Kaine and Desiree at least) had spoken out right away, stated that they needed help in finding Kyron and appreciated all efforts and prayers and that they probably would not be facing the media on a regular basis, as they were too distraught and were busy trying to help LE. Or something like that. All of the speculation began because they never did that, and then stories were printed from second-hand sources, etc and well, here we are.
    Actually, facing the media on a regular basis...is what you want when you have a missing child. The less you are out there speaking the sooner the interest in your missing child disappears via the media.

    Another thing, we have to be careful how we judge families facing this kind of ordeal. We do not know who's advising them and in that kind of crisis...many are not knowledgeable on what to do and not to do.

    The family was obviously following someone's lead in public appearances whether it be by LE or whoever but, now that they are speaking out...all the better!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,782
    Quote Originally Posted by miabellamoure View Post
    Actually, facing the media on a regular basis...is what you want when you have a missing child. The less you are out there speaking the sooner the interest in your missing child disappears via the media.

    Another thing, we have to be careful how we judge families facing this kind of ordeal. We do not know who's advising them and in that kind of crisis...many are not knowledgeable on what to do and not to do.

    The family was obviously following someone's lead in public appearances whether it be by LE or whoever but, now that they are speaking out...all the better!
    I mean the first day or two-LE was clear they had not told the family to stay away from cameras...that is when I think they should have at least made one appearance together before all of the wondering started...and then as interest faded they could have stepped back out front, when LE stopped the PC's, and resumed talking. It would have seemed more in line with what people think is typical, I guess.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,205
    I really think JF was trying to help and TM wanted that help but when it came off as bad as it did now the family wants to distance themselves from that "help". As far as the family speaking for themselves, does that include TM's father or mother? Or is it just the bio family? I really can't see TM speaking at all at this point.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,189
    Maybe he means that HE didn't authorize the friend to speak for Terri.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I mean the first day or two-LE was clear they had not told the family to stay away from cameras...that is when I think they should have at least made one appearance together before all of the wondering started...and then as interest faded they could have stepped back out front, when LE stopped the PC's, and resumed talking. It would have seemed more in line with what people think is typical, I guess.
    Well, I was thinking the same thing, but in light of Mr. Moulton's interview, perhaps the reason for their conspicuous absence was because of a very INTENSE and immediate internal investigation (truck seizures, polygraphs and questionings all around)... and perhaps nobody KNEW quite what to SAY to the public yet???

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,205
    It seems like they must have known TM was being looked at early on. They were saying that they wanted the focus to by on Kyron. At the time I didn't understand why they said that but now it makes sense.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    962
    I took it as him being upset by the fact that TH had spoken to her friend and, apparently, given the go ahead for her to speak out without consulting the rest of the *parents*. As I see it, he's saying that can't happen again -- either "we're" issuing a statement or *no one is.* Frankly, it seems to me that he's annoyed with TH allowing it and thinks it was a bad decision on her part and contrary to what she is supposed to be doing.

    jmoo..and admittedly reading an awful lot into his statement -- no matter how accurate I think my interpretation is ...

  14. #14
    greenpalm's Avatar
    greenpalm is offline I don't say much unless I've really thought it through. Then I go on and on.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Jungle of Nool
    Posts
    1,028
    What I think is that it's quite clear to Kaine, Desiree, everyone else including Terri herself, that she has not been cleared in this case. Kaine and Desiree were given clear instructions about what they couldn't say. I have a feeling that suspicions were raised against Terri from the very beginning. I imagine that one or all of the other parents were suspect of her. Now that she is being fingered and grilled by the LE, perhaps their suspicions are even increasing. Of course, they are not about to say this, but I think Desiree & Kaine were both able to say with all honesty that Terri is cooperating. I think she IS cooperating, as far as being questioned, and letting them conduct searches, etc.

    I thought it was astonishing that Kaine said, during one interview that he "could not speak for Terri's reaction." To me, that's even more amazing than what he's dancing around in your quote.

    What I think this quote means though is that Kaine and Terri are not seeing eye to eye about who to talk to and how much to share. I think she is frantically trying to defend herself. She is sharing information with her father and with friends and maybe even requesting that they speak to the media…in spite of having been asked that SHE not speak to the media. Well…that may be going to far. I don't know exactly what's going on, but I don't think the relationship with Kaine & Terri is very rosy at the moment. I kind of wonder if things are very rocky for a variety of reasons. Even when asked do you think LE suspects Terri, the answer is "We can't talk about anything related to the investigation." Can you imagine how your relationship with your spouse would begin to disintegrate if you thought he'd done something dreadful to one of your children?

    I just think they don't know what to do. That's also probably why they didn't speak out at the beginning. I'm guessing they were fighting amongst themselves.

    Just my opinion, and speculations.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,205
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpalm View Post
    What I think is that it's quite clear to Kaine, Desiree, everyone else including Terri herself, that she has not been cleared in this case. Kaine and Desiree were given clear instructions about what they couldn't say. I have a feeling that suspicions were raised against Terri from the very beginning. I imagine that one or all of the other parents were suspect of her. Now that she is being fingered and grilled by the LE, perhaps their suspicions are even increasing. Of course, they are not about to say this, but I think Desiree & Kaine were both able to say with all honesty that Terri is cooperating. I think she IS cooperating, as far as being questioned, and letting them conduct searches, etc.

    I thought it was astonishing that Kaine said, during one interview that he "could not speak for Terri's reaction." To me, that's even more amazing than what he's dancing around in your quote.

    What I think this quote means though is that Kaine and Terri are not seeing eye to eye about who to talk to and how much to share. I think she is frantically trying to defend herself. She is sharing information with her father and with friends and maybe even requesting that they speak to the media…in spite of having been asked that SHE not speak to the media. Well…that may be going to far. I don't know exactly what's going on, but I don't think the relationship with Kaine & Terri is very rosy at the moment. I kind of wonder if things are very rocky for a variety of reasons. Even when asked do you think LE suspects Terri, the answer is "We can't talk about anything related to the investigation." Can you imagine how your relationship with your spouse would begin to disintegrate if you thought he'd done something dreadful to one of your children?

    I just think they don't know what to do. That's also probably why they didn't speak out at the beginning. I'm guessing they were fighting amongst themselves.

    Just my opinion, and speculations.
    Yeah, Kaine is a smart man and probably had his own doubts from the beginning, even if it turns out she didn't do this. In his email he was clear that he thought that Kyron was dropped off at school and seen by others after TM left. Now that it seems that no one remembers seeing Kyron after the time that TM said she left he has to wonder. I think that the refusing to speak to the media was the result of that suspicion, thus the "Keep the focus on Kyron".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. anyone care to speculate what...
    By Murphismo in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 09:48 PM
  2. BC Says LA's reference to CMA meant all CA, KC and Caylee?
    By Tracey276 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 08:39 PM