Kyron's Swim Club Activities

oxymoran

Reaction score
One of the people to be interviewed by the Oregonian for a story about Kyron's "blended family" was a swim club owner:

Terri volunteered at Skyline School, where Kyron was in second grade, and she took him to swimming lessons with J**** and with K****
"They're very nice people," said Adam Farber, who runs a swimming school and taught Kyron to swim and worked on strokes with J****. Farber had no idea until he went missing that Kyron was Terri's stepchild. "They all fit in really well." source http://mobile.oregonlive.com/advorg/db_96618/contentdetail.htm;jsessionid=1AFD177B779465F351831C6B0B79AE98?contentguid=24qOs8Zf&detailindex=4&pn=0&ps=5&full=true

There is CURRENTLY a photo of Kyron and his sister in the swimming pool on a commercial website for a swim club. (The web site does not reference Kyron's disappearance.)

see http://farberswimschool.com/about-us/

While Kyron's is not the only pic of a child included on the site, it is the only one I saw to include the last name of the child in the file name.

Could Kyron's swim club activities and inclusion on the web site have contributed to his disappearance? What reaction did you have to the photo?

Maybe it is possible that they just used the last name in the file name because the last name for both kids is Horman. Maybe the children in the other photos all have different last names.

I don't really read anything into that nor do I think that the photo has anything to do with his disappearance.

The photo may be just a coincidence but the police have hopefully checked out the swim club to see if there is anybody with a past hanging out with the kids. It's the sort of thing pedophiles might like to do to get close to children in various stages of undress (this is not intended to cast any aspersions to anybody at that swim club, just a general observation).

Whether or not it turns out to be related to the disappearance, I don't think it's a good practice to put a child's name on anything like that.

One of the people to be interviewed by the Oregonian for a story about Kyron's "blended family" was a swim club owner:

Terri volunteered at Skyline School, where Kyron was in second grade, and she took him to swimming lessons with J**** and with K****
"They're very nice people," said Adam Farber, who runs a swimming school and taught Kyron to swim and worked on strokes with J****. Farber had no idea until he went missing that Kyron was Terri's stepchild. "They all fit in really well." source http://mobile.oregonlive.com/advorg/db_96618/contentdetail.htm;jsessionid=1AFD177B779465F351831C6B0B79AE98?contentguid=24qOs8Zf&detailindex=4&pn=0&ps=5&full=true

There is CURRENTLY a photo of Kyron and his sister in the swimming pool on a commercial website for a swim club. (The web site does not reference Kyron's disappearance.)

see http://farberswimschool.com/about-us/

While Kyron's is not the only pic of a child included on the site, it is the only one I saw to include the last name of the child in the file name.

Could Kyron's swim club activities and inclusion on the web site have contributed to his disappearance? What reaction did you have to the photo?

I doubt his swim club activities had anything to do with his disappearance but in a case this confusing, who really knows?

I have been reading the Kyron Horman websleuth's page since (almost) he's been missing, but this is the first time I felt I really wanted to comment.

I know this probably means nothing, however what really jumped out at me about that photo is the fact that he's not wearing his glasses. First of all, that's a better picture than the one they photoshopped to see what he would look like without his glasses. Second of all, I wear glasses, I have poor eyesight (Sounds like Kyron's might be the same as mine or even worse) and I always wear my glasses into the pool. As does my father who has worse eyesight that mine. Sure I can see what's going on around me as big shapes etc, but it is horribly unpleasant. What do all of you glasses wearers out there do in the pool?

I have been reading the Kyron Horman websleuth's page since (almost) he's been missing, but this is the first time I felt I really wanted to comment.

I know this probably means nothing, however what really jumped out at me about that photo is the fact that he's not wearing his glasses. First of all, that's a better picture than the one they photoshopped to see what he would look like without his glasses. Second of all, I wear glasses, I have poor eyesight (Sounds like Kyron's might be the same as mine or even worse) and I always wear my glasses into the pool. As does my father who has worse eyesight that mine. Sure I can see what's going on around me as big shapes etc, but it is horribly unpleasant. What do all of you glasses wearers out there do in the pool?

I never wear my glasses in the pool.

I just assumed they'd get all splashed up, tend to fall off, possibly get scratched on the bottom, etc.

My corrected vision is around 20/200, so I don't get that great a view of the world anyway. Maybe it just doesn't matter as much to me as it would to someone else whose vision can be corrected to normal or near-normal?

What do you do when you're swimming with your face in the water?

They may not have used the picture because they had more recent (as in the day he went missing). I don't know how old that photo is but the location is a file from February 2010. It seems older than that to me since his sister is 18 months now and looks quite a bit younger than a year in that photo (IMO).

When my son took lessons, the children with glasses were asked to remove them, so it may have been something Kyron's instructor required too.

I don't think the naming of the photos had anything to do with his disappearance because I don't know that there was any connection to his last name being included as part of the file name and what school he attended.

I never wear my glasses in the pool.

I just assumed they'd get all splashed up, tend to fall off, possibly get scratched on the bottom, etc.

My corrected vision is around 20/200, so I don't get that great a view of the world anyway. Maybe it just doesn't matter as much to me as it would to someone else whose vision can be corrected to normal or near-normal?

What do you do when you're swimming with your face in the water?
I've been involved with swimming most of my life (as a swimmer, instructor, coach, and a parent of swimmers) and I can say that goggles are a teacher and child's best friend! I've also had to wear glasses since I was 10 and being able to see in the water is not a problem with goggles.
hth

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back