1145 users online (209 members and 936 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2010.06.28 - A visit with Terri and Kaine is possibly staying at another location

As part of our reporting on the search for Kyron Horman, we stopped by the home last week where the missing 7-year-old boy lived with his dad, Kaine Horman, and stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman.

The house is on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road, just off Cornelius Pass. Thereís a winding gravel lane off Sheltered Nook Road leading up into the woods that feeds several driveways, including the Hormansí. When I visited on the afternoon of June 23, a lone cameraman from KOIN TV sat at the side of Sheltered Nook Road. He said most reporters donít go past this point.

I walked up the gravel lane and took a left turn up the Hormansí driveway. The gate was open, and there were no signs barring entry.

<snip>

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/...use-this-week/

while I can understand not wanting to provide details on the case, I can't wrap my head around the fact she would not discuss how she felt - I mean her own personal feelings regarding her son missing? Seriously?

I have been on the side of abduction from the beginning, and still am..but I can't believe she went out, with her daughter, to talk with some stranger who could have been anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    while I can understand not wanting to provide details on the case, I can't wrap my head around the fact she would not discuss how she felt - I mean her own personal feelings regarding her son missing? Seriously?
    I can understand due to LE telling her not to speak to the media, I think myself I would have told her no comment and get off my property. I would do exactly what LE told me to
    Just my, no one elses

That struck me too as odd.

When I read humanizing stories like this on any case it makes it harder for me to imagine subjects having a dark side.

I also laughed at the "Welcome to the nuthouse" sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Lava View Post
    I have been on the side of abduction from the beginning, and still am..but I can't believe she went out, with her daughter, to talk with some stranger who could have been anyone.
    You are very strong, I am sorry for what you have gone through in your life.....
    Just my, no one elses

I'm so pi**ed off, I can barely type.

Quote Originally Posted by ~greeneyedgirl~ View Post
    I can understand due to LE telling her not to speak to the media, I think myself I would have told her no comment and get off my property. I would do exactly what LE told me to
    She should have met him at the door with a shotgun and a stopwatch.

She's damned if she does and she's damned if she doesn't.

Surprisingly, I'm starting to feel sorry for her with this standard of reporting by Willamette Weekly (WW). This latest non-story follows closely on the heels of their Man Spotted in Science Fair pic non-story and ...the "All-time Worse-Sourced" story relating to alleged Pings on Sauvie Island from Terri's phone.

FWIW...I do not believe the Cell Ping story for one minute...I suspect the WW was being treated as "useful idiots" by LE to spread a false-story ...if LE had spotted a problem with the Pings, I cant believe they would have waited as long as they did to start searching on SI.

BTW at least three of the so-called red flag facts about TH are turning out to be false.

1) She's a bad mom for not going to the Talent Show = False...Kyron probably not participating

2) She didn't post any photos of Kyron on her FB for the past 5 months...only her daughter = Absolutely Not True...many photos of Kyron dated April 2010 and she had also posted the pics of his Bridge project back in March.

3) She played games on FB between 8am and 9am on June 4 and then again when within hours of K's disappearance = Total garbage caused by time zone errors by armchair sleuths back east.

That all said while intuitively I cant rule out that TH still knows something about who took Kyron...I am convinced that the stories which seem to support widespread internet claims that she is capable of personally hurting her child are without merit.

Okay,so a child is missing,you answer the door with your child for a complete stranger,don't call the police.Go outside with your child,not knowing if someone else is with this man that could take your other child that you are not watching,because she wandered off.I don't think so,she's a highly intelligent woman,a teacher,if Kyron was taken by a stranger,no way would she let this happen.And if police were still with them,an officer would have answered the door,the reporter only saw one car,that was another reporter.Tells me alot right here.I don't think a stranger abduction or kidnapping happened to Kyron.

That was a total waste of printed material and ink used to write that "story." So he banged on the door and passed the time of day about gardening? Big deal.

Is that really their house? It looks so tiny, I was picturing some large Victorian home or newer McMansion close to $300K. I guess Portland is lots more expensive than I thought.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoran View Post

Surprisingly, I'm starting to feel sorry for her with this standard of reporting by Willamette Weekly (WW). This latest non-story follows closely on the heels of their Man Spotted in Science Fair pic non-story and ...the "All-time Worse-Sourced" story relating to alleged Pings on Sauvie Island from Terri's phone.

FWIW...I do not believe the Cell Ping story for one minute...I suspect the WW was being treated as "useful idiots" by LE to spread a false-story ...if LE had spotted a problem with the Pings, I cant believe they would have waited as long as they did to start searching on SI.

BTW at least three of the so-called red flag facts about TH are turning out to be false.

1) She's a bad mom for not going to the Talent Show = False...Kyron probably not participating

2) She didn't post any photos of Kyron on her FB for the past 5 months...only her daughter = Absolutely Not True...many photos of Kyron dated April 2010 and she had also posted the pics of his Bridge project back in March.

3) She played games on FB between 8am and 9am on June 4 and then again when within hours of K's disappearance = Total garbage caused by time zone errors by armchair sleuths back east.

That all said while intuitively I cant rule out that TH still knows something about who took Kyron...I am convinced that the stories which seem to support widespread internet claims that she is capable of personally hurting her child are without merit.
    You forgot about the clean sheets and gym comment on Facebook.
    Last edited by Kimster; 06-28-2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: removed comment about what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoran View Post

Exactly.

BBM

This "reporter" (and I use the term very loosely) needs to back the hell off. He is clearly unable to set aside his personal feelings and theories about this case. His employer is risking their reputation, such as it is, by allowing him to continue down this path. WW would be wise to suggest he go participate on one of the many sites dissecting Terri and leave reporting of facts (of which he's done little) to the professionals.

But whether there was any substance to the reporter's story or not,it's still shown the state of mind Terri is in,her behavior in light of a missing child.I think it's very important what he wrote.

She is news.......kudos for the guy for going after the story. He's doing what reporters do.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast