2010.06.28 - A visit with Terri and Kaine is possibly staying at another location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetaime

Reaction score
As part of our reporting on the search for Kyron Horman, we stopped by the home last week where the missing 7-year-old boy lived with his dad, Kaine Horman, and stepmom, Terri Moulton Horman.

The house is on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road, just off Cornelius Pass. There’s a winding gravel lane off Sheltered Nook Road leading up into the woods that feeds several driveways, including the Hormans’. When I visited on the afternoon of June 23, a lone cameraman from KOIN TV sat at the side of Sheltered Nook Road. He said most reporters don’t go past this point.

I walked up the gravel lane and took a left turn up the Hormans’ driveway. The gate was open, and there were no signs barring entry.

<snip>

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...man-and-whats-changed-at-the-house-this-week/

while I can understand not wanting to provide details on the case, I can't wrap my head around the fact she would not discuss how she felt - I mean her own personal feelings regarding her son missing? Seriously?

I have been on the side of abduction from the beginning, and still am..but I can't believe she went out, with her daughter, to talk with some stranger who could have been anyone.

while I can understand not wanting to provide details on the case, I can't wrap my head around the fact she would not discuss how she felt - I mean her own personal feelings regarding her son missing? Seriously?

I can understand due to LE telling her not to speak to the media, I think myself I would have told her no comment and get off my property. I would do exactly what LE told me to

That struck me too as odd.

When I read humanizing stories like this on any case it makes it harder for me to imagine subjects having a dark side.

I also laughed at the "Welcome to the nuthouse" sign.

I have been on the side of abduction from the beginning, and still am..but I can't believe she went out, with her daughter, to talk with some stranger who could have been anyone.

You are very strong, I am sorry for what you have gone through in your life.....

I'm so pi**ed off, I can barely type. :furious:

I can understand due to LE telling her not to speak to the media, I think myself I would have told her no comment and get off my property. I would do exactly what LE told me to

She should have met him at the door with a shotgun and a stopwatch.

She's damned if she does and she's damned if she doesn't.

Surprisingly, I'm starting to feel sorry for her with this standard of reporting by Willamette Weekly (WW). This latest non-story follows closely on the heels of their Man Spotted in Science Fair pic non-story and ...the "All-time Worse-Sourced" story relating to alleged Pings on Sauvie Island from Terri's phone.

FWIW...I do not believe the Cell Ping story for one minute...I suspect the WW was being treated as "useful idiots" by LE to spread a false-story ...if LE had spotted a problem with the Pings, I cant believe they would have waited as long as they did to start searching on SI.

BTW at least three of the so-called red flag facts about TH are turning out to be false.

1) She's a bad mom for not going to the Talent Show = False...Kyron probably not participating

2) She didn't post any photos of Kyron on her FB for the past 5 months...only her daughter = Absolutely Not True...many photos of Kyron dated April 2010 and she had also posted the pics of his Bridge project back in March.

3) She played games on FB between 8am and 9am on June 4 and then again when within hours of K's disappearance = Total garbage caused by time zone errors by armchair sleuths back east.

That all said while intuitively I cant rule out that TH still knows something about who took Kyron...I am convinced that the stories which seem to support widespread internet claims that she is capable of personally hurting her child are without merit.

Okay,so a child is missing,you answer the door with your child for a complete stranger,don't call the police.Go outside with your child,not knowing if someone else is with this man that could take your other child that you are not watching,because she wandered off.I don't think so,she's a highly intelligent woman,a teacher,if Kyron was taken by a stranger,no way would she let this happen.And if police were still with them,an officer would have answered the door,the reporter only saw one car,that was another reporter.Tells me alot right here.I don't think a stranger abduction or kidnapping happened to Kyron.

That was a total waste of printed material and ink used to write that "story." So he banged on the door and passed the time of day about gardening? Big deal.

Is that really their house? It looks so tiny, I was picturing some large Victorian home or newer McMansion close to $300K. I guess Portland is lots more expensive than I thought.

Surprisingly, I'm starting to feel sorry for her with this standard of reporting by Willamette Weekly (WW). This latest non-story follows closely on the heels of their Man Spotted in Science Fair pic non-story and ...the "All-time Worse-Sourced" story relating to alleged Pings on Sauvie Island from Terri's phone.

FWIW...I do not believe the Cell Ping story for one minute...I suspect the WW was being treated as "useful idiots" by LE to spread a false-story ...if LE had spotted a problem with the Pings, I cant believe they would have waited as long as they did to start searching on SI.

BTW at least three of the so-called red flag facts about TH are turning out to be false.

1) She's a bad mom for not going to the Talent Show = False...Kyron probably not participating

2) She didn't post any photos of Kyron on her FB for the past 5 months...only her daughter = Absolutely Not True...many photos of Kyron dated April 2010 and she had also posted the pics of his Bridge project back in March.

3) She played games on FB between 8am and 9am on June 4 and then again when within hours of K's disappearance = Total garbage caused by time zone errors by armchair sleuths back east.

That all said while intuitively I cant rule out that TH still knows something about who took Kyron...I am convinced that the stories which seem to support widespread internet claims that she is capable of personally hurting her child are without merit.

You forgot about the clean sheets and gym comment on Facebook.

Exactly.

BBM

This "reporter" (and I use the term very loosely) needs to back the hell off. He is clearly unable to set aside his personal feelings and theories about this case. His employer is risking their reputation, such as it is, by allowing him to continue down this path. WW would be wise to suggest he go participate on one of the many sites dissecting Terri and leave reporting of facts (of which he's done little) to the professionals.

But whether there was any substance to the reporter's story or not,it's still shown the state of mind Terri is in,her behavior in light of a missing child.I think it's very important what he wrote.

She is news.......kudos for the guy for going after the story. He's doing what reporters do.

and if she's burst into tears, thrown herself onto the ground and screamed 'kyron! kyron!" we'd have about 50 pages on how she was 'acting'

Really I don't see what the big deal is, she chose to talk to the reporter for a few minutes. She could have told him no.

Seems to me like it fits in with other signals we've seen from TH and KH (I'm assuming it was his idea to put up the keep out signs). TH is confused and concerned about her public image but is not going to say something that LE has advised her not too. Like in the recent TV interviews KH feels very strongly about the family presenting a coordinated public statement. I don't think it tells us any more than that.

and if she's burst into tears, thrown herself onto the ground and screamed 'kyron! kyron!" we'd have about 50 pages on how she was 'acting'

i dont know why i keep coming back to this case. maybe im just hoping for news rather then slander and witchunting?

I don't think that it is it at all. People are commenting on what was printed.

Surely for someone who's child is missing, you wouldn't think that they would open their door so readily to a stranger? I think that is telling.

Maybe Im not reading into things very well- but I have yet to view any slander on this site? I cant say that about most forums, btw.
Anyways, I dont see that this reporter did anything wrong. Especially in high profile missing person cases, the media are under the impression that their presence is welcome......

find real evidence.........insinuations, rumors, body language, that means nothing without actual evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member