2010.06.29 -- LE says TH not POI nor suspect

Dan Abrams was just interviewed about this case on the "Today" show and he said just b/c LE is saying TH is not a POI or suspect publicly, that means nothing to the investigation.

Is "Person of Interest" or POI an official LE term? Apparently not, according to my understanding from these articles:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_of_interest[/ame]

http://www.ajr.org/Article.asp?id=4042

So, although this statement from the Sheriff's spokeperson that TH is not a "person of interest", I believe we should understand that term has no legal standing. If LE wants to keep that stance until an arrest is actually made, it seems they would have no problem doing that. They could care less about the debate it stirs online amongst folks like us. LOL

LE is lying!

TH is most definitely THE main POI/suspect in this case. Can't believe she hasn't lawyered-up yet.

*bangs head against wall* LE for CHRISSAKES...Will you QUIT denying and start ARRESTING please! WTH are you WAITING FOR? We are NOT stupid and we see the dang writing on the wall!!!!!

I mean seriously, do they think everyone is so dumb to believe she's not a POI at this point?...yeah RIGHT!

This is SUCH a frustrating case!

They will continue to say that right up to the point they cuff her........standard procedure.

I did not read everything yet, so dont go jumping on me.
I still have not been convinced that she needs to be cuffed.
Just because there is no other suspect yet does not make her the "IT" girl.
This is a serious case, you dont just cuff someone because you have no one else to cuff.
MOO

*bangs head against wall* LE for CHRISSAKES...Will you QUIT denying and start ARRESTING please! WTH are you WAITING FOR? We are NOT stupid and we see the dang writing on the wall!!!!!

I mean seriously, do they think everyone is so dumb to believe she's not a POI at this point?...yeah RIGHT!

This is SUCH a frustrating case!

I get your frustration-I really do. But arrest her for what? Being the last to see him and being the subject of interviews and polygraph tests?

POI is a charecterization that means nothing in the land of LE as it has already been pointed out. LE is stating she is not a suspect. Although I can hear a big unspoken "at this point" behind their words, but I could be wrong....right now, she is collateral damage from the disappearance.

WTH are you WAITING FOR? We are NOT stupid and we see the dang writing on the wall!!!!!

Believing a person is responsible and being able to prove it in a court of law are two different things. Until a legal case can be made, the DA is not going to authorize that LE make the arrest. As long as no one is in danger they can wait. It would be terrible to arrest someone without having the proof needed legally to secure an indictment.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_stepmom_terri_mo.html

"One friend, who asked not to be identified, said that Terri Horman still felt as though the county sheriff's office was on her side."

"They've said in the media that she's not considered a suspect, and she's been told that she's not a suspect," the friend said. "The media is reporting that and that's the same story she knows."

Geeze, SM is in such denial.

I am starting to feel like they are just playing a whole lot of head games with her and its really starting to bug me....I'm not sure why....I guess they need her to 'come to jesus' and all the interviews and lie detector tests aren't working.

This is what I hope: I hope that all of this swirling around her causes her to make a definitive statement to LE that either brings Kyron home or causes her to be completely eliminated from the investigation.

I'm not saying they should just go arrest her without evidence. But COME ON...I don't think Kaine would be a in a hurry to get away from her if there wasn't solid evidence that she was involved. That's what is frustrating me. You don't go divorcing your wife, getting a restraining order against her, and move out of the house if she's innocent, or if there's just suspicion here.

Also, LE won't say or do a dang thing, and people assume it's because of what they DON'T have. They're holding everything so close and playing rampant head games WHY? Why is she such a special case here? Why not bring her in and interrogate her? Why keep saying she's NOT a POI if she so obviously IS?

And hell, WHY would Kaine with the okay of LE (assumption, but that seems to be the case here) destroy Kyron's family if he's still out there? Why bring the child back to yet another broken home? That makes NO SENSE to me. They should all be a united front for him and save the marital problems for later if there's still a chance he could come home alive.

If I don't see some major action in this case today, or sometime this week, I am going to go CRAZY. This is beyond ridiculous for LE to continue to act this way. Arrest her or freaking exonerate her, DO SOMETHING instead of standing there silently and watching the show!

Maybe LE is saying she is not a POI/suspect in hopes of keeping her from lawyering up?

They will continue to say that right up to the point they cuff her........standard procedure.

I concur. Naming her a "suspect" gives her certain legal rights. LE wants to keep all of the psychological leverage it can.

We have all connected the dots.

I don't know what LE knows and has fully briefed KH and the Youngs about, so I can't say they are unfairly playing games with anyone. They aren't required to tell the public they have a suspect, or to tell the suspect, for that matter, until they think it will aid the investigation. I think LE would love to bring little Kyron home alive and, if not that, to just bring him home to his parents. The behind the scenes may not always be pretty, the disappearance of an adorable little boy isn't pretty, but LE has behaved in public with about as much restraint and decorum and lack of sideshow as you ever see, though that has been criticized, too.

I'd still leave whomever lost my kid. Period. The circumstances really wouldn't matter. I could never let it go. I reckon that makes me a bad person or whatever but I couldn't help but think that this person cost me my child every time I looked at them.

IF LE is telling the truth, then I have to wonder if Kaine and the others believe that Terri either held back evidence at a critical point in time that could have led to Kyron's kidnapper and Kyron, or that she is somehow covering for that person, or that she engaged in activities that put Kyron at risk and led to his abduction.

IOW, maybe she finally did "come clean" with the police.

JMO, of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back