GUILTY FL - Officers Jeffrey Kocab, 31, & David Curtis, 31, slain, Tampa, 29 June 2010

johnrodz

Reaction score
Link to News article.

This is my first time starting a thread, so please correct me if I do anything wrong.

I woke up this morning to this horrible news. What is going on in this world.

Two Tampa police officers were shot during a traffic stop early Tuesday morning.

One officer, Jeffrey Kocab, died hours after the shooting. The other officer, David Curtis, was on life support briefly during the morning but has died as well.

Police are looking for two people who they described as persons of interest. Dontae Rashawn Morris, 24, and Cortnee Nicole Brantley, 22.

Currently, officers are searching near the area of Highway 41 and Palm River Road.

There are reports that officers have found the car, a red Camry, that Morris and Brantley were in.

This is so sad, Prayers for the family. One officers wife was expecting and the other one had 4 small children.

New information

They found the woman, still looking for the man.

Police have found the woman involved in the shooting deaths of two Tampa police officers.

A tip led police to the Bristol Bay Apartment Complex at Bristol Bay Way in Tampa, which is where they found 22-year-old Cortnee Nicole Brantley. Police had said Brantley was a person of interest in the case.

Police are still searching for Dontae Rashawn Morris, 24, who they said shot and killed the officers during a traffic stop early Tuesday morning.

How absolutely, terribly awful. I'm so sorry for these families and wives and fellow officers.

My deepest sympathies for Officer Kocab and Officer Curtis. I am so very sorry and will keep their families in my prayers.

God bless Officer Curtis :rose:

God bless Officer Kocab :rose:

God bless their families and especially Officer Kocab's little baby who will never know her father. :rose:

May justice be served.

Bless the families. Hope they catch him soon.

I just read in the news that Officer Kocab grew up very near where I live. So sad. Prayers for both officer's families and loved ones. Senseless. I hope they catch this creep soon.

This is such a senseless tragedy. GB the families and friends.

This makes you sit down and cry.
Why, Why, Why?
How heartbreaking for these families.
Praying they have strength and guidance.

New information

They found the woman, still looking for the man.

... and she has been released!

That is surprising.

http://www.baynews9.com/article/new...lice-chief-Castor-says-We-will-track-him-down

"I wouldn't describe her as cooperative but we were able to get some information out of her," Castor said.

She said that the investigation is currently focused on finding Morris, but that she understands why the public is upset about Brantley's release.

"I understand that level of frustration," she said. "But the community needs to trust in the ability of the Tampa Police Department."

The chief has confirmed Brantley was the driver and Morris was a passenger.

I can't tell you how stunned Tampa and the surrounding communities are. The outpouring of sadness, shock and anger is unbelievable. I was listening to the radio this morning besides watching TV and people are calling in begging if you see this man shoot him dead. It really is shocking. The Police Chief keeps saying if you are out there for your OWN SAFETY turn yourself in.

I have been following this story and can't figure out what in the world in wrong with people. I like to read the viewers comments also, sometimes you can get more info there that the news site hasn't put out yet. In one earlier today a poster commented that the guy shot these officers in the head and when the driver (the woman) fled she ran one of them over. This poster was so mad cause they let her out.

I have been following this story and can't figure out what in the world in wrong with people. I like to read the viewers comments also, sometimes you can get more info there that the news site hasn't put out yet. In one earlier today a poster commented that the guy shot these officers in the head and when the driver (the woman) fled she ran one of them over. This poster was so mad cause they let her out.

I'm mad, too. She left them in the street! Why didn't she signal to the 1st officer that he had a gun??? It is ALL WRONG.

This is just too tragic! My prayers go out to the families of these heroes and may they catch all who are guilty, like NOW!!

I'm mad, too. She left them in the street! Why didn't she signal to the 1st officer that he had a gun??? It is ALL WRONG.

It's ridiculous that she was let go. The only thing I can think of is she had no idea that Morris had a gun and was planning on shooting the officers. She may only have a slight connection to the suspect. Who knows? The news reports say she was not very cooperative. No surprise there. Morris probably has a whole network of people who are helping him right now to evade capture. They should all be rounded up when this is over and prosecuted to the fullest extent.

When the police finally catch up to him, they should be ready to open fire if he makes the slightest suspicious move. If he had the slightest idea what's good for him, he would be heading to the nearest police station with a minister and some reporters, with his hands held high.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back