Newly re-released Senate testimony from a pedophile

Missizzy

Reaction score
I stumbled across a jaw dropping transcript from a pedophile, Joseph Henry. This was recently posted on the link below. Mr. Henry testified before a Senate Committee in 1985 and seemed to be exceptionally open with his descriptions of his crimes. He even takes numerous questions from the Senators. Mr. Henry allows us a rare view into the mind and the crimes of a pedophile. Do I trust that he's telling the whole truth? Heck no!! But I'll take what we can get. Yes, we have the internet now, but nothing has basically changed about the crime. I urge you to read Mr. Henry's words.

http://zandvoort.morkhoven.org/wordpress/?p=363

My Life of Molesting Children, by Joseph Henry.

Testimony of an Ex-Nudist Camp Manager Convicted of Child Molestation.

"...I’d like to thank you and the subcommittee staff for allowing me to testify about my life as a pedophile, my life of molesting children and the damage I’ve inflicted on my victims and their families. My testimony may be uncomfortable to some people, but it has to be that way because adults must learn to spot the Joe Henry’s of the world. I hope no one thinks what I say here today is designed to win sympathy for myself. It isn’t. Your sympathy must go to my victims-22 little girls, age 6 to 14-who I molested since 1949. They will likely carry these emotional scars for the rest of their lives...."

more at link

Ick!!! Oh, I feel nauseous.

I wonder what became of this man following this testimony? How long was his sentence, where is he now? I am incredulous that the type of therapy he describes could be effective long-term.

mom2six--I'm researching that right now. After two thorough readings of the testimony, I have a few observations.

Sadly, Mr. Henry cannot help from playing the "pity card" early on by telling us of his lonely and asthmatic childhood. Not an excuse for what he did. Many people manage loneliness and health issues without abusing. Thankfully, he cut that short.

I found it interesting that not much was made of his profession of running a nudist camp. The man certainly chose a field where he would have access to not only children but naked children. That never seems to change.

I take issue with Mr. Henry's statement that his own childhood abuse is directly linked to his pedophilia. We now know that this assumption has not proven to be true. It most likely had a huge and negative impact on Mr. Henry and certainly could be the cause of his low self-esteem. It is a shame that he did not receive treatment or therapy for his abuse. It's sad that he makes no comment about parents teaching their children to tell. He does urge parents to be careful and to listen but he stops short of urging the teaching of children to get help.

I applaud him for recognizing that had the parents of some of his victims (the ones who failed to bring charges) just managed to perpetuate the abuse.

He mentions being held at state hospitals rather than prisons. I happen to believe, if we are EVER going to stop the cycle of abuse, men and women will have to be treated in segregated facilities instead of the general prison population. As it stands now, very few prisons even offer sex offender treatment. Note that he also mentions that his current group works on self-esteem issues and discusses their own childhood abuse. That is not a common factor in current therapy as I know it. Perps are required to leave their victim stance at the door. IME, no matter how brutally a person has been raped, that is not discussed in therapy. Other losses and traumas are not either. The entire emphasis is on the new victim. I do not agree with this approach.

I find it very interesting that Mr. Henry discusses the integration of *advertiser censored* and of communication with other offenders as being tantamount to this crime. Considering healthy adult sexual practices, that is not a factor. Note his attention to detail and his obsession with handling and viewing his *advertiser censored*. This is also not typical of typical sexual practice among consenting adults.

His comment about his childhood "sweetheart" denying him the opportunity to "play doctor" is placing blame and a therapist would call him on that. That child exercised her right to boundaries. However, I would have to agree that Mr. Henry does seem to be fixated at that level of sexual development. I would love to hear how a therapist would analyze that statement.

It's impossible to know if the concern for the now adult victims is genuine. He does express relief that they are receiving treatment. He does seem to realize that the girls were disassociating throughout the rapes and yet that did not deter him. This negates the argument that there is anything consensual about a child/adult sexual relationship--EVER.

And, finally, note that throughout this man's decades of abuse, he did not find it shocking that many parents knew about their child's abuse or even "sold" the child.

Very astute observations, Missizzy. Just reading it was so intense that I came away with no observations. Kind of a bit numb.

Belinda--An absolutely normal and healthy reaction. I've been numb for so long about child sexual abuse that I've forgotten what un-numb feels like. I think it's akin to battlefield surgery. You're dealing with human agony and your fingers keep working.

I'm not numb, though, not deep down inside. I just put it all in a hard little box in my heart. Those little girls names and ages? Those could be fellow WSers or our neighbor. They are real people. I never forget that.

My guess is that, if you come back to it later, when the shock has worn off, you'll be better able to analyze it. Mr. Henry really did give us some very important information. I haven't found him yet, though.

(((hugs)))

And prayers for all the children harmed by this group. I wish they could know that we're sending them love today--decades after their tender bodies and hearts were hurt.

My mind is a little numb, but the heart is just fine. I have been working very hard on my database that hopefully will be used to make some changes to laws and CPS. I have been consulting with Salem and working feverishly on it. I always make a point of writing the child's name and age in my notes. It's my way of paying tribute to them and their suffering.

Interesting timing - I just did a search for that Nudist Hall of Shame site and posted it on another forum after a dispute about how healthy it is for kids and teens to be exposed to nudist resorts.

This subject was highly discussed here during the Danielle Van Dam murder.

Thanks for bringing this all out to the forefront again. The internet is making it easier than ever for these people to perpetuate this crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back