1080 users online (231 members and 849 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TH Restricted from Possessing Firearms; Media petitions to have RO unsealed

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/ne...jy3W5FG4Q.cspx

This is the full circus unfolding, isn't??

hmmmmmmm id say something big is going down real soon

KOIN Local 6 management feels this is of high public interest and the more information that is revealed in this case leads to a greater likelihood there will be answers about what happened to Kyron Horman.
    Ugh. Media just circling because of blood in the water. We DON'T need to know what's in the RO. If LE, the FBI and/or the judge feels that the information inside may be sensitive and need to be kept quiet because of the investigation, then it should stay sealed. Petitioning to unseal has very little to do with actually generating tips and all the more to do with the media trying to ratchet up their rumor mongering, IMHO.

I disagree, why can't we know what is in the ro?

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    that is what the media is fighting to unseal.. the info in the RO. Not sure what you are talking about?

Is the RO that DY put out on KH when she was pregnant sealed?Has anyone posted it or seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    the RO reiterates the allegations in the form filled out for the RO. In my state, it includes a copy of the actual information sworn to by the Petitioner. Here, it sounds like those allegations are critical to the investigation (and may include LE's representations), so disclosing the RO would be the same as disclosing those particulars. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by winterrose View Post
    Is the RO that DY put out on KH when she was pregnant sealed?Has anyone posted it or seen it?
    I didn't realize one had existed back then...hmmm...
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    seen it.. completely different. not to mention this time around Kaine and D are signing their names to police statements and standing hand in hand while TM does nothing but hide in her house and post to facebook, etc..

I say find Kyron FIRST, then let the media do its job. I am not going to lie and say I'm not very curious about what was said , but, there is a time and a place for everything in life.

Winterrose we aren't sleuthing out any of the players to that degree until someone is arrested, named a POI or suspect..... hold that thought!

The publics right to know, should never impede on an investigation, it specifically states that the motion was sealed to protect the investigation into Kyrons disappearance. That is all I need to know.
    This statement irritates me : KOIN Local 6 management feels this is of high public interest and the more information that is revealed in this case leads to a greater likelihood there will be answers about what happened to Kyron Horman.
    We can get answers when Kyron is found, Kyron being found is important not feeding our curiousity.
    You can read the motion to seal the RO here:
    http://www.kptv.com/download/2010/0629/24087136.pdf
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

I really can't wait until there is a day when we change the rules and you guys can sleuth more. So just saying you had better check that Thread Etiquette several times a day so you will know when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by wondering1 View Post
    ...it sounds like those allegations are critical to the investigation (and may include LE's representations), so disclosing the RO would be the same as disclosing those particulars. jmo
    Exactly my impression too....that disclosing the details behind the RO would compromise the investigation.
    Anything I post (other than a quote) is simply my own opinion.

What's the law in Oregon regarding these cases ? I don't like exceptions to the laws, if it's supposed to be public record, they need to release it. Open record laws exist to protect citizens. What if there wasn't enough evidence to deny her the right to see her child and the records were sealed to cover up that fact ? I don't think that's the case here, but there's no way of knowing that if the record is sealed. I do think they should be banned from printing the name's of minors in the press.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast