Did Terri Misinform Everyone About The Camping Weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey*Girl

Reaction score
If you refer to the new article in WW, which I'll supply snip & link below, what would be the reaseon for the misinformation ALL OVER the media up til now regarding the boy scout camping trip. According to Tarver, their son JM was at the house with Terri the day after Kyron went missing. The day Kyron went missing was Friday. That means JM was with Terri for a scheduled week long visit on Saturday, one in which he left after 4 days bc of the media circus surrounding the family. So the questions is this: Why did Terri lie? She specifically said that she was gonna have a hard time telling her son bc he was away on a weekend boy scout camping trip with his dad.

Here's the link & snippet:
http://wweek.com/editorial/3634/14214/

Trouble hit home again when Kyron disappeared. The day after Kyron vanished, Tarver says, J went to the Hormans’ house for a previously planned weeklong visit.

Tarver says on June 8, four days after Kyron disappeared, J called him from the Hormans’ house and mentioned Terri Moulton Horman had taken a polygraph test. It’s been reported that she has since taken a second polygraph. What hasn’t been publicly confirmed until now is that authorities were already focusing on her so soon after Kyron vanished.

Tarver says when J mentioned the polygraph to him over the phone, he heard Terri Moulton Horman begin yelling in the background to be quiet and not reveal anything more. Given the intense media scrutiny, the family agreed J should return to Roseburg, Tarver says.

“It was a zoo, so we got him out of there,” Tarver says. “It’s just been devastating for the whole family. Obviously, the longer it drags on, the less chance there is for a happy ending.”
Unquote

(Be careful here - we're not allowed to sleuth minors. This thread could be a giant sandtrap, esp for the mods.)

ETA: Reminder from the get-go not to use any minors' names (just initials, other than Kyron), or sleuth the prohibited things (as seen in the TOS and etiquette thread), or treat non-POI as criminals. TIA.

Maybe I am confused (happens often), but I thought the camping trip info came from TH's Mother?

However, as I said in the other thread that went in this direction, I don't find it unreasonable for someone to tell a little white lie and say their child/grandchild was away and unreachable to save him from being hounded by the media, as no good could come of him being interviewed by anyone but LE. MOO.

I hear ya, but we're not sleuthing a minor. We're sleuthing if Terri lied about that weekend or not. It's been reported repeatedly, from Terri's own mouth, that her son was away on a weekend long boy scout camping trip that weekend & she'd have a hard time telling him. Now we find out from the boy's father that he was actually with Terri the day after Kyron went missing. I want to know the reason for the discrepancy. This is being reported, plus I was conscientious to use his initials, so it is allowed. I seriously would like to know how it could have been reported for the past 3 weeks that he was away on a prescheduled camping trip, yet now we find out he was there at the house the day after Kyron went missing. In no way shape or form do I believe J is involved, sorry for those that may think that, but I'd like to know the reason behind Terri blatantly lying about this...or was it misreported in the media?

Maybe I am confused (happens often), but I thought the camping trip info came from TH's Mother?

Now see, I thought it came from Terri, also. I remember her mother saying it but I also remember Terri saying it.

I hear ya, but we're not sleuthing a minor. We're sleuthing if Terri lied about that weekend or not. It's been reported repeatedly, from Terri's own mouth, that her son was away on a weekend long boy scout camping trip that weekend & she'd have a hard time telling him. Now we find out from the boy's father that he was actually with Terri the day after Kyron went missing. I want to know the reason for the discrepancy. This is being reported, plus I was conscientious to use his initials, so it is allowed. I seriously would like to know how it could have been reported for the past 3 weeks that he was away on a prescheduled camping trip, yet now we find out he was there at the house the day after Kyron went missing. In no way shape or form do I believe J is involved, sorry for those that may think that, but I'd like to know the reason behind Terri blatantly lying about this...or was it misreported in the media?

To what nefarious purposes would someone lie like this? I agree that it is not likely to be an error, but I do think it was to protect him from the spotlight. I am not sure what it could have been other than an innocent lie to keep the media off him for the short-term, or to keep people from wagging their tongues about him. I am open to other reasons - I just can't see any myself.

Maybe it was mis-reported? Have a hard time imagining why TH would lie about this since LE was with the family at the house and must have known that J was actually at the house and not camping :waitasec:

It also makes me wonder what else she lied about and to who. The teachers at Skyline? Anyone she ran into that day? Maybe the reason the questionnaires made her look bad is that people who talked to her gave vastly different stories about what she said concerning Kyron? And we don't know if she's been truthful to the police, her family, or her friends either.

I can see her white lying to keep the press away from her older son, but I think the bigger issue here is if she's a pathological liar, or is this just one big and stupid lie she told?

If I remember, it was Terri's mother, Carol, who reported that the teen was camping. She said it would be difficult to tell him about Kyron. I'm supposed to be working, lol, but I will look for a link in a bit. It was probably the first article, or at least one from the first day. I don't recall Terri ever saying anything, period, about anything. I will look.

Terri also has a 16-year-old son from a former marriage who has lived with her mom and dad for the past few months in Roseburg. The teen's father also lives in the area and the two are on a Boy Scout camping trip this weekend.

It will be difficult to give him the news, Moulton said.

"It's a total mystery," she said. "He just vanished. I just can't believe it."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Did Terri say this or did Carol Moulton? It's a bit vague but when I read the whole thing the quotes seem to come from Carol Moulton

Now see, I thought it came from Terri, also. I remember her mother saying it but I also remember Terri saying it.

I don't remember Terri saying anything about anything except when she last saw Kyron and only to LE. Has Terri actually been quoted somewhere? I musta missed something.

Hmmm, I don't remember Terri saying anything. Have I missed an interview from early on?

I don't know if there was a deliberate attempt to mislead anyone about the teen's whereabouts that weekend or if it was a misunderstanding. I do recall that LE had someone at the Horman home from nearly the beginning of this case so clearly they know the boy was at the home. LE knows what the truth is here, even if we don't. If it was a deliberate lie then I don't see who was being fooled or to what end.

Hmmm, I don't remember Terri saying anything. Have I missed an interview from early on?

It might behoove us all to go rummaging and collect up all the article snippets we can find on this, as I can't honestly say I know for sure whether TH ever did say this.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Did Terri say this or did Carol Moulton? It's a bit vague but when I read the whole thing the quotes seem to come from Carol Moulton

It seems obvious to me that CM said it. That article is from the day after Kyron went missing, which is the same day that the child's bio-dad said he dropped him off at the Hormans for a week long visit. I think the child and the bio-dad were probably camping over Friday night-Saturday morning then drove the child from Roseburg to Portland (a 3 hour drive) later Saturday afternoon-evening. Right now I don't see any contradiction in the stories but we'll see if anything else comes up.

Is it possible that the camping trip occurred the week prior to and the day of Kyron's disappearance? If that were the case, then she would still have to tell her older son about Kyron's disappearance upon his return and prior to his coming for a visit. Maybe she wasn't lying.

TMH protecting the other son by deflecting the media, sure. That's one thing.

However, I do think it bears consideration-- why would TMH add or layer on she would "have a hard time telling him" to this statement... it does lean more towards dramatization/fabrication to me v. protection.

And was this after the report of the person who was on the phone with the minor that week and overheard TMH react strongly to his noting her polygraph? Perhaps extreme... but could it be she was trying to spin another realty to discount the minor's comments that leaked out into the media?

Also, do you have a link to the quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member